NFL Discussion

That one I have no problem with at all. I just hate how this will be the talking point in stead of his great season. Luke and Coach Rivera handled their disappointment and spoke to the media with class. I just wish our $100 million QB did the same. I'm not the best loser myself so I understand his reaction though.

Yeah his temper is a bummer for me too. But its gotten light years better. 

Remember when he would sulk all the time?

I probably would have been just as upset if I just lost the Super Bowl.

He'll grow and get better, hopefully.

That one I have no problem with at all. I just hate how this will be the talking point in stead of his great season. Luke and Coach Rivera handled their disappointment and spoke to the media with class. I just wish our $100 million QB did the same. I'm not the best loser myself so I understand his reaction though.

Cam has always been a "different" guy. Coming into the league there were questions about his maturity, and I'd say the way he handled himself definitely didn't help in that regard. To me he still the guy that handed out a countless number of footballs to all kinds if kids, and he is the best QB in the league under the age of 30. The dude just had one of his lowest professional moments televised for millions of people to see, i'll cut him a little slack. However, the way it seemed he kinda gave up toward the end, not willing to dive on the ball in particular, is a little more concerning.

Cam has always been a "different" guy. Coming into the league there were questions about his maturity, and I'd say the way he handled himself definitely didn't help in that regard. To me he still the guy that handed out a countless number of footballs to all kinds if kids, and he is the best QB in the league under the age of 30. The dude just had one of his lowest professional moments televised for millions of people to see, i'll cut him a little slack. However, the way it seemed he kinda gave up toward the end, not willing to dive on the ball in particular, is a little more concerning.

I watched that play a few times and I never saw it as a give up. I get the concern with it, and I hope he didn't.

Originally when I watched it looked like he was trying to avoid an injury, like he started to go and it didn't feel right, so he pulled back, if that makes sense.

On different viewings it looked like maybe he thought the other Panther diving at it had it.

Who knows..

Agree to disagree I guess. What did he think they were going to ask? He wasn't forced to go out and go e the interview. He chose to go out there with the press and look like a little crybaby bitch that didn't get his way.

If Newton wants to eventually be considered among the greats then he should have taken his lumps, acted like a man and answered the questions like all of the other losing Super Bowl Qb's have done in the past. Cutting him "slack" because he is a 26 year old is a weak excuse for his immature actions.

Or like who gives a shit if the guy had a good post game interview... Like seriously who gives a shit about that stuff. 

You're missing the point. Part of being an elite, superstar QB is handling yourself like a mature adult. There is nothing wrong with him being disappointed that the Panthers lost, but when you sulk and act like a kid who just had a candy bar taken away then he deserves some criticism. You didn't see Brady, Manning, Elway, Kelly or any of the other great QB's throughout the years act the way he did after losing the Super Bowl.

You're missing the point. Part of being an elite, superstar QB is handling yourself like a mature adult. There is nothing wrong with him being disappointed that the Panthers lost, but when you sulk and act like a kid who just had a candy bar taken away then he deserves some criticism. You didn't see Brady, Manning, Elway, Kelly or any of the other great QB's throughout the years act the way he did after losing the Super Bowl.

No you are missing the point that handling yourself like a mature adult means not giving a shit about how some quarterback acts after he losses ones of the biggest days of his career.

You seem to forget the way Peyton walked off the field two years ago. So classy.

I'm sorry but Wilson being all civil about what was a very shitty moment for his entire team didn't make me respect him any more. It just made him look fake. So many of you people probably act butthurt over losing things much less impactful than Super Bowls and yet you expect pro athletes to act different. Humans are humans man.

Dudes getting more flack for being upset immediately after losing the biggest game of his career than OBJ got when he lost all composure and became violent ON THE FIELD. Hell, he's getting more guff than esteemed champion Talib who nearly took a man's head off with full intent.

I do have to agree with that part about Talib. That guy was looking like an extreme liability for what the entire second quarter when he accumulated at least 3 or 4 flags against him 2 of which were personal fouls. Makes you think about the proposed rule change having 2 personal fouls result in an ejection.

That face mask penalty was one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

#1 example of this was Rodney Harrison, MFer was a cheap shot artist before he came to them and the whole time he was here.

Randy Moss, the king "push off" master. Watched a game with him where he legit shoved a corner to the ground and no flag was thrown.

Albert Haynesworth, you guys ripped him so hard, until he signed here. " He is gonna turn it around, the Patriot way."

Tebow, dude was eviscerated here, again, until he signed here

Every old bum brought into camp

Also, every QB you draft is the next Tom Brady.

no one was happy about haynesworth. no one was particularly happy about tebow.. maybe excited to see how bill would plug him into the system? personally, i was into it, if only because that playoff run he had with the broncos was so damn entertaining. and did he even make it past training camp? cool example.

and none of this changes the fact that talib is still a giant piece of shit who should have has his entire paycheck revoked in fines.