NFL Discussion

I'm assuming he'll be in more of a veteran backup position. I won't start to worry until all of the other free agent/tradeable QBs are off the table.

Also, I'm shocked that Sanchez is only 29. It feels like he's been in the NFL way longer than that.

I see this as more of a potential bridge player move than veterian backup. Honestly, there probably isn't anything much better than the ole butt fumbler left in free agency. The only one that immediately comes to mind is Fitzpatrick, outside of that he is arguably the best QB available. He is not that far removed from a decent run in Philly, and he should be surrounded with the best talent of his career. Obviously he's still Sanchez, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was starting week 1, and they spend a 1 or 2 at QB in the draft.

Eh,Chris Long has lost a step. 4 sacks the last 2 years.Cooper has been hurt and lost his job multiple times. The draft pick is a plus.

I don't disagree, however these are two past first round talents, and the Pats always seem to get more out of players than a lot of other teams. Definitely wasn't saying Long is equal to Jones, but he was the best DE available. Should be nice rotation guy.