The Smashing Pumpkins - Archival Releases

Editing this to be a catch all for the archival releases.

Live in Japan ‘92:

This was just announced during the Gish 30th Anniversary live stream.  They played 3 tracks off of it and the sound quality is legit.

The current PO is for a purple swirl.  It’s a 24 hour open edition one time pressing.  Pricey for a 2xLP and even more pricey if you want it signed by BC and JC.

https://madamezuzus.com/collections/records/products/pre-order-live-in-japan-lp-1992

Billy mentioned there will be black version down the road that will stay in print and be sold at Zuzu’s.  I would assume that one will be cheaper.

Edited by highfives

16 minutes ago, highfives said:

This was just announced during the Gish 30th Anniversary live stream.  They played 3 tracks off of it and the sound quality is legit.

The current PO is for a purple swirl.  It’s a 24 hour open edition one time pressing.  Pricey for a 2xLP and even more pricey if you want it signed by BC and JC.

https://madamezuzus.com/collections/records/products/pre-order-live-in-japan-lp-1992

Billy mentioned there will be black version down the road that will stay in print and be sold at Zuzu’s.  I would assume that one will be cheaper.

there'll be a larger black pressing. i highly doubt they'll keep it in print though. 

16 minutes ago, ntslash said:

I think this is the setlist, in case it helps anyone with their decision. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-smashing-pumpkins/1992/club-citta-kawasaki-japan-3f099cf.html

I'm going to pass for now. If it had more SD tracks then I'd probably buy it. 

Thanks for posting. It's an intriguing setlist but a bit short by SP standards. I just can't justify it at this cost, but I might reconsider the black version once I can get a sense of what the cover art and pressing quality will be like.

Sad to say this but they can get away with this ridiculous pricing. This will likely sell for $150-$200 in after market - unless a crap ton of people become aware of it in the next 10 hours... so if your on fence just pull the trigger... 

maybe the price will deter flippers? Since it would be a lot to cough up front for 6 months

I feel like these will prob re-sell for $90 for a spell considering this was posted on VC and there have already been at least a few dozen flipper copies purchased. You’d be looking at 8-12 months before these get to $150+. And you’d need to hope the set doesn’t suck or have pressing issues, that the hardcore SP collectors who’d pay $200 don’t already own it by then, and that impatient flippers don’t panic unload their copies at cost in December.

• highfives changed the title to The Smashing Pumpkins - Archival Releases