The Smashing Pumpkins - Archival Releases

Got a regular silver. First time ordering from Madame Z.

So, has anyone had to get a refund or replacement for a damaged record? I’m curious whether they genuinely think they can deny refunds in all cases, no exceptions, or whether that’s just to scare off people who want to keep their copy and get a refund because they have a corner ding. 

SP is somehow still my favorite band, and I've invested a lot into collecting their records. But I just can't go there with these prices. It's disappointing that they've chosen to mark these up so much. I wouldn't mind paying a higher than average price for these releases, because I understand it has to be worth their while, but this kind of gouging is just gross.

1 hour ago, highfives said:

Only autographed copies are left.  It seems like they did 500 of each or some ridiculously low number.

The first release was stated on Instagram to be 2,500 but it was a leave up for 24hrs and press as many as it calls for. That one however had almost no warning or heads up like this one. My guess is at least 1,500 of each color. Then 250 each for autograph copies….so 3,500 total would not be a stretch for this big of a band to sell out in few hours…

Edited by nelso330
More info

1 hour ago, nelso330 said:

The first release was stated on Instagram to be 2,500 but it was a leave up for 24hrs and press as many as it calls for. That one however had almost no warning or heads up like this one. My guess is at least 1,500 of each color. Then 250 each for autograph copies….so 3,500 total would not be a stretch for this big of a band to sell out in few hours…

Sounds like between all variants there were 2k total.  That seems about right for how quickly the non-gold and silver sold out.