The Smashing Pumpkins - Archival Releases

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Next release will be "The Rubano Tapes Vol. 1".

Recorded between 1988-1991 - two open air mics were used.  It will feature "18 songs of never before heard versions of future SP classics and as was often the case in the band's early years, songs performed but once."

Preorders will be open on April 4th at https://madamezuzus.com/

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbvaDLmp2GY/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by highfives

1 hour ago, highfives said:

Also, it looks like they set up a section where BC is selling some of his record collection.

https://madamezuzus.com/collections/wpc-vinyl-vault

Looks like he cleaned out the local Goodwill and marked 'em up from $1 to $10-$30. Solid deals all around!

Edited by mitchard

1 hour ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Did Live In Japan ever ship?  I just realized I ordered that back in May and can't find any shipment e-mails.  

Got mine yesterday, listened tonight but at somewhat of a low volume.  

Overall the sound is nice.  It’s a great live mix that has the bass a little heavy and the drums punchy and up in the mix.  The vocal performance, which is always questionable for Billy in those days, is a pretty solid and consistent one.

The vinyl is heavy, has a nice blue/red/purple marbling.  One of my discs has tapered edges and one is flat.  The flat edge one feels a bit heavier as well, which is a bit weird. 

The sleeve is a good quality, nice printed photo on the cover, back design leaves a bit to be desired.  Otherwise, it feels a bit sparse for such a high priced release.  There’s no insert, no upgraded inner sleeves, or really anything to warrant the price tag.  $50?  Maybe.  But $80?  No.

Will I buy the next one?  Probably.  I’m a sucker.

1 hour ago, craigeduk said:

I'd be lost without my spreadsheet to keep track!

Yeah, I have one but I've been a little lax the past 6 months.  Life gets crazy and it's easy to let stuff like that slip but with how much I order I gotta get back to it.  I e-mailed Zuzu's, I'm sure it'll work out.  I just really don't want to miss getting this because while over priced, I think these are cool.

Edit:  They already got back to me.  They're working through orders and it should go out soon.   If anyone else hasn't received theirs it sounds like they'll be going out in the next week or so.

Edited by ZeroNowhere

23 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Did Live In Japan ever ship?  I just realized I ordered that back in May and can't find any shipment e-mails.  

they're shipping them out as they receive them in smaller shipments from the plant. they might be assembling them by hand too (not sure). autographed ones seem to be going out first. i got my autographed viper room a few months ago (the day after they started shipping since i'm only a few miles away) but haven't received the silver copy i ordered yet. i haven't received my copy of japan yet either and don't think i ordered it autographed. 

48 minutes ago, dreamover said:

they're shipping them out as they receive them in smaller shipments from the plant. they might be assembling them by hand too (not sure). autographed ones seem to be going out first. i got my autographed viper room a few months ago (the day after they started shipping since i'm only a few miles away) but haven't received the silver copy i ordered yet. i haven't received my copy of japan yet either and don't think i ordered it autographed. 

I ordered a signed Japan but maybe I got moved to the back of the line since I used their store coupon. 😁