Sorry if this has been asked. Issues with new LPs/new turntable.

So i bought a  new Crosley C6 on 5/28/2021. Everything sounded great all weekend...from vintage used LPs to brand new LPs. Yesterday I wanted to listen to my The Who album for the time (used but in good condition). When i dropped the stylus it was just a constant hiss/pop/crack/skip. I just assumed that the LP just needed a good wet cleaning so i put on my 80s Rock Hits album (brand new sealed)...same thing. I tried several other LPs (Foreigner, Metallica and so on) but everything sounded like shit. any ideas on what the issue might be? While writing this  the thought popped in my head that the counterweight on my tone arm might not be calibrated correctly. Could that be it?

That's strange if it was initially working fine. This could be many things. What are the other components in your set up? Does the crackle happen in both speakers? I would check all connections first. Sometimes it's just loose RCA connections. Might also be a loose connection between the arm and cartridge. Gently ensure those wires are secure. Make sure the stylus is connected correctly to the cart. You could try recalibrating the arm after that (should be 3.5g for c6, I think). Are you the only one messing with the table? Arms generally don't just fall out balance by themselves, so that would surprise me if that's the issue.