PO: Type O Negative Anniversary Releases - NOW: Dead Again 3xLP Reissue from Nuclear Blast

• 2 months later...

Wondering if anyone who bought the None More Negative box set still purchasing the reissues? I bought the box but I've been purchasing some of the reissues as well. Ididn't open the box because i hadn't got to it yet. But then the reissues started pouring out. Dunno why, but I bought into it. Colors? I had a change of heart when i started seeing Pete's (*) that I'd already had all of these. So I stopped and sold them except for the orange October the silver MOV Bloody and the triple Bloody. I obviously got the Dead Again reissue. But I'm wondering if anybody else fell down that hole. I mean they're all the same, right? ...

On 10/16/2023 at 5:47 PM, faaip de oiad said:

Wondering if anyone who bought the None More Negative box set still purchasing the reissues? I bought the box but I've been purchasing some of the reissues as well. Ididn't open the box because i hadn't got to it yet. But then the reissues started pouring out. Dunno why, but I bought into it. Colors? I had a change of heart when i started seeing Pete's (*) that I'd already had all of these. So I stopped and sold them except for the orange October the silver MOV Bloody and the triple Bloody. I obviously got the Dead Again reissue. But I'm wondering if anybody else fell down that hole. I mean they're all the same, right? ...

The 3 LP BK is a different cut than the box but other than that, the individuals are the same cuts as the ROG box. I, like you, got the individual OR yellow variant just because, but I haven’t been getting the other individual releases. I did buy a Bloody Kisses, but once I got it, and it was the same cut as the box, I decided not to buy the others, and I recently sold it.

I am thinking about buying the 3LP LIKM because of the extra LP, but that’s a strange comp of songs, that seem to be pulled from all over so not sure I really care. 

11 hours ago, kannibal said:

The 3 LP BK is a different cut than the box but other than that, the individuals are the same cuts as the ROG box. I, like you, got the individual OR yellow variant just because, but I haven’t been getting the other individual releases. I did buy a Bloody Kisses, but once I got it, and it was the same cut as the box, I decided not to buy the others, and I recently sold it.

I am thinking about buying the 3LP LIKM because of the extra LP, but that’s a strange comp of songs, that seem to be pulled from all over so not sure I really care. 

Yes that 3LP BK is awesome. I compared the MOV to that, but there's no comparison. I I've listened to the World Coming Down, October Rust and Bloody Kisses from the reissues and was pretty impressed with all the ROGs. I've since sold the WCD, Origin and SDH. It's about time I dug into the box. 

Aside from any live shit out there, I think I've got everything I need. I don't think I'll be buying the last of the reissues. Now, if we could just get some live stuff...

8 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

Yes that 3LP BK is awesome. I compared the MOV to that, but there's no comparison. I I've listened to the World Coming Down, October Rust and Bloody Kisses from the reissues and was pretty impressed with all the ROGs. I've since sold the WCD, Origin and SDH. It's about time I dug into the box. 

Aside from any live shit out there, I think I've got everything I need. I don't think I'll be buying the last of the reissues. Now, if we could just get some live stuff...

I think the box set and the subsequent individual album releases with the same cuts are awesome. They sound great, fit the spirit of the band, and did I mention they sound killer? I love the way these ROG cuts sound so much weight and power. Plus the music isn’t half bad…

6 hours ago, jhulud said:

Says this is an exclusive variant, so I’m guessing there is at least one other? Please post if you find it.

two here:

https://store.typeonegative.net/

Edited by kannibal

15 hours ago, kannibal said:

Says this is an exclusive variant, so I’m guessing there is at least one other? Please post if you find it.

two here:

https://store.typeonegative.net/

From what I can gather the green moss will be the standard retail release, so that's what Amazon and Target will be shipping 

6 hours ago, BeerMonger said:

Full Metal Grey here https://metalsucks.indiemerch.com/products/life-is-killing-me

Going to go with the transparent green myself, seems like it should be violation if you buy a color other than green....

Agreed on the green, but I think I’ll prob just go with a standard. Green transparent was the old box set.

6 hours ago, BeerMonger said:

From what I can gather the green moss will be the standard retail release, so that's what Amazon and Target will be shipping 

I hate shopping big box over indie but it’s hard to spend a $15+ premium.

Edited by kannibal