PO NOW: Deafheaven - Infinite Granite (08/20)

Just now, jhulud said:

When should we expect a drop in the U.S. for the song then?

Tomorrow morning, probably around 8-9 PST.  Potentially at midnight tonight but I'd be surprised.

I think I would somehow admire the band even more if this was the glaring "standout" or black sheep from the album's flow, and they release it as the first single just to get a reaction, spark discussion, and maybe shake up the foundation of expectations come August.  Then drop a second single that "goes hard" or ticks all the usual boxes – in a month or two – when we're closer to the release date and building peak hype.

If anyone truly cannot wait and doesn't want to bother with a VPN, Apple has a preview available to whet your appetite (or prepare you) for the full thing.

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/infinite-granite/1567143738

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Tomorrow morning, probably around 8-9 PST.  Potentially at midnight tonight but I'd be surprised.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Replay
Unmute

Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

0:19
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

I think I would somehow admire the band even more if this was the glaring "standout" or black sheep from the album's flow, and they release it as the first single just to get a reaction, spark discussion, and maybe shake up the foundation of expectations come August.  Then drop a second single that "goes hard" or ticks all the usual boxes – in a month or two – when we're closer to the release date and building peak hype.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Replay
Unmute

Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

0:19
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

If anyone truly cannot wait and doesn't want to bother with a VPN, Apple has a preview available to whet your appetite (or prepare you) for the full thing.

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/infinite-granite/1567143738

Could you email me the track, please?

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Check your PM's in a minute.

Actually, I figured out a trick! Just copy the URL from the youtube link and use a Youtube downloader and it works like a charm. Holy fuck, LOVE the new song and direction! They have always been emotive asf at their core and I am here for it.

Hmmm... this is curious. I don't hate it, but definitely not what attracted me to the band... mind you, they haven't really had that aspect since Sunbather --they kind of lost it for me with the overly clean tight production on New Bermuda and forward. I also saw them soon after New Bermuda was released, and thought they were just okay, until they played a couple Sunbather tracks in the encore, and those were so much better...

It’s on Spotify in the U.S., listening now...

hmm I’m conflicted, I like the instrumentals well enough, the comparison to the middle section of the pecan tree was pretty apt. The vocals were off pouring but I don’t hate the song, I wish it was longer and that the outro had more time to breathe. I hope in the context of the album as a whole the song makes sense. So is George going to menacingly stare at the crowd and lick those elbow-length faux leather gloves during this song? I’d be down for it I guess lol

Edited by alwaysopenmouth

• archiced changed the title to PO SOON : Deafheaven - Infinite Grantite (08/20)
11 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Got the splattery one. Looks like that and the pic disc  are /1000 and translucent blue /500 on their site. 

I think that cloudy one is 1000. Here is current info from the Hellomerch page backend responses:

inventory_quantity:
Cloudy: 852

Translucent: 465

Black: 70

Picture disc: 920

Edited by IndigoHollow

• jhulud changed the title to PO NOW: Deafheaven - Infinite Granite (08/20)