PO NOW: Deafheaven - Infinite Granite (08/20)

I'm in for the cloudy blue, love how it compliments the artwork.

Also, according to the album description the single seems in line with the direction of the entire album. I happen to like it so I'm excited to hear the whole thing.

"Over the course of their first ten years, Deafheaven’s music vacillated between tormented beauty and harmonic rage—a hybrid of black metal’s malice and shoegaze’s sublime wall-of-sound. On their fifth album, Infinite GraniteDeafheaven are no longer toying with the juxtaposition of pitting metallic abrasion against swirling grandeur. Quite the opposite: Infinite Granite is a bold and brave leap forward, a gorgeous and invigorating album brimming with style and splendor. In the context of their catalog, it takes on a whole other layer of defiant beauty. 

Across Infinite Granite, vocalist George Clarke showcases a startling vocal range; falsettos, whispers, multi-part harmonies, and other adventurous vocal treatments, with his trademark black metal-inspired howls mostly absent. Guitarists Kerry McCoy and Shiv Mehra expand their sonic palette to include synth textures using them to enrich their astral guitar work rather than outright replace it.  Drummer Daniel Tracy has always been a force to reckon with behind the kit, but where he used to floor audiences with his speed and stamina, he’s now free to broaden his approach and lay down authoritative drum patterns that together with bassist Christopher Johnson’s punchy bass lines anchor the band’s lofty arrangements."

• jhulud changed the title to PO NOW: Deafheaven - Infinite Granite (08/20)