AFI - Sing The Sorrow 2xLP - Boot Available Today - NOW: Official Reissue Happening & PO Dropping

No one complaining about the price yet? $55 shipped was steep, white whale or not.

Bootleg owner (2xLP). Curious to see how it holds up. Honestly I wouldn’t buy a bootleg again just because they’re so damn hard to resell. Like I’ve figured a legit press might be coming on this and tried forever. You can’t resell those things even at a loss.

Discogs doesn’t allow you to sell boots, so flippers just list them on a random unrelated variant and clarify in description. Tried eBay as well and they’re just wildly inconsistent in their enforcement. They immediately flagged mine and wouldn’t let me relist it while copy after copy of the same thing was showing up in the “Recently Sold” page.

Related: saw someone trying to sell a boot on Reddit yesterday. $100. His dreams are smashed ha.

Edited by MCDELTAT

The price tag is hefty, but this has been long sought after by many of us and I think we're mostly willing to turn a blind eye to the surcharge just to finally add this to our collection.  

Bullmoose at least doesn't charge sales tax and I added a $.01 gift card to qualify for free shipping.

1234 Go's IG post

"Dear y’all. First things first. We will have more copies of the record up for sale on Monday at 12:01AM Pacific. There are zero problems with the existing pre-orders. A few hours after being told we could put up pre-orders we and every other store were asked to take down any posts on social media and stop taking pre-orders until Monday. It appears to be a matter of someone somewhere having their wires crossed on the official announcement date. To me, the toothpaste is out of the tube and there’s no going back but I’m not in charge. Literally everything is fine with the records, the release date, everything. We just all need to pretend we didn’t hear this was happening until Monday morning and then the pre-orders can resume! Thank you for your patience with this one and your orders!"

14 minutes ago, porkdad said:

1234 Go's IG post

"Dear y’all. First things first. We will have more copies of the record up for sale on Monday at 12:01AM Pacific. There are zero problems with the existing pre-orders. A few hours after being told we could put up pre-orders we and every other store were asked to take down any posts on social media and stop taking pre-orders until Monday. It appears to be a matter of someone somewhere having their wires crossed on the official announcement date. To me, the toothpaste is out of the tube and there’s no going back but I’m not in charge. Literally everything is fine with the records, the release date, everything. We just all need to pretend we didn’t hear this was happening until Monday morning and then the pre-orders can resume! Thank you for your patience with this one and your orders!"

LOL Who the fuck botched those comms from the record label

That being said, I do like the colorway vs the normal red

Also also,

I wonder if they are going to do multiple colorways the same way as they did with the CDs

black/red
black/Silver
Black/black

I think the only CD versions I have left is the Black/Black and the Clandestine Book

Edited by roadmonkey

6 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Let's be real...in this day and age, it's always questionable when they make those mistakes with "leaks" and communications like that...it feels like it's done on purpose to create a pre-hype atmosphere and get folks scrambling at first before the actual news drop. 

This, 100% This.

2 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

My order went through. I guess this store didn't get the memo about Monday...

Just saw this on their order page and it makes me wonder if it will be fulfilled.

Fulfilling pre-order titles is entirely dependent on the quantity the label orders & presses. If we cannot fulfill your order, we will let you know as soon as we possibly can. This place sounds like "order away and we will refund you if we can't get enough and you might be shit outta luck by then" type of store.

Edited by lexicondevil

• jhulud changed the title to AFI - Sing The Sorrow 2xLP - Boot Available Today - NOW: Official Reissue Happening & PO Dropping