AFI - Sing The Sorrow 2xLP - Boot Available Today - NOW: Official Reissue Happening & PO Dropping

12 hours ago, zuck said:

I really hope this means that a DECEMBERUNDERGROUND repress is going to happen too.

Yeah me too. I have the 7" boxset that is obviously kind of a pain to play.

12 hours ago, xchemicalx said:

Release date is 7/7/23. They won’t have them at the show.

Ahh that didn't even occur to me. Good call!

25 minutes ago, zacooper said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpnqITVPDxG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

There will be vinyl at the show. Exclusive, limited to 2k. This will be a bloodbath.

So glad I'm not even close to California. I'd be so tempted to throw unnecessarily large sums of money away at that show.

Hope everyone who is going has a great time and gets all the rad merch they want! 

seems like theres a lot of misinformation going around about the repress.

AFAIK, the show exclusive is /2000, but the retail variant will be open orders and printed to order, so no limit. 

people saw 20,000 and assumed thats the pressing number for this upcoming retail variant, but they were talking about the original press, which according to discogs was actually 10k, not 20k. 

47 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

seems like theres a lot of misinformation going around about the repress.

AFAIK, the show exclusive is /2000, but the retail variant will be open orders and printed to order, so no limit. 

people saw 20,000 and assumed thats the pressing number for this upcoming retail variant, but they were talking about the original press, which according to discogs was actually 10k, not 20k. 

Ya, the bands post seems pretty clear it’s just the show variant limited to 2,000. Thanks for pointing this out for everyone. 

42 minutes ago, zacooper said:

Ya, the bands post seems pretty clear it’s just the show variant limited to 2,000. Thanks for pointing this out for everyone. 

cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not, so apologies in advance if you were being sincere, but my point i was trying to clear up was the retail black and red variant isnt limited to 20k, but actually open order. 

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

I’ll pay whatever for this but oof at that price.  Gonna wait and see if there’s anything else before rushing.

it was the same price everywhere when it leaked earlier, but as it's made to order I guess some retailers will have it a few bucks cheaper.

1 hour ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

In line for merch, records are “limited” to five per person and there is like 1000 people in line. And it just started raining. This should be fun…

Shot you a DM cuz I couldnt get a ticket to the show and im desperate for that exclusive lol

• jhulud changed the title to AFI - Sing The Sorrow 2xLP - Boot Available Today - NOW: Official Reissue Happening & PO Dropping
On 3/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, tokimedo said:

cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not, so apologies in advance if you were being sincere, but my point i was trying to clear up was the retail black and red variant isnt limited to 20k, but actually open order. 

Being sincere, was not disagreeing with you on the 20k point. Was glad you were clearing up confusion as I could also see how people might have thought my initial link to the Instagram meant I thought the entire press was limited to only 2K 

22 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Equal vision is doing this on their big reissues for instance, it's not really rocket science. 

Did we just compare an equal vision release to this? They aren't even close.

15 hours ago, tokimedo said:

retailers are saying they can get as many as they want, so even if they sell out, more will be added to inventory. 

That doesn't mean its print to demand. It may be a super large pressing or something that they intend to keep in print 

30 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Did we just compare an equal vision release to this? They aren't even close.

yes, it was just an example to show that this is working, the method is the same, quantity and the scale of this release are both quite irrelevant in this case. 

Edited by xfactor675