AFI - Sing The Sorrow 2xLP - Boot Available Today - NOW: Official Reissue Happening & PO Dropping

25 minutes ago, dnl said:

They threw a fit over those. It worked somewhat because those reissues haveĀ little resell value.

Ā 

Not sure if this is important to explaining why there hasn't been an STS repress, but the original wasn't released on DreamWorks. It was released by Adeline Records which doesn't exist anymore.Ā 

I would imagine that just Adeline had licensing rights to issue the vinyl edition from DreamWorks at that time.Ā 

29 minutes ago, dnl said:

They threw a fit over those. It worked somewhat because those reissues haveĀ little resell value.

Ā 

Not sure if this is important to explaining why there hasn't been an STS repress, but the original wasn't released on DreamWorks. It was released by Adeline Records which doesn't exist anymore.Ā 

Didn't know they were so pissy over those.

And you're right, Adeline held the vinyl rights to StS. Either way, somebody has to "possess" the rights and are flat out stupid for not pressing the fuck out of it.

3 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Didn't know they were so pissy over those.

And you're right, Adeline held the vinyl rights to StS. Either way, somebody has to "possess" the rights and are flat out stupid for not pressing the fuck out of it.

https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=2&ti=1,2&Search_Arg=sing the sorrow&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=25&PID=p5I_ej7H60pwQtNTZwY7q0TsKcD3D&SEQ=20210616175144&SID=6

Ā 

SKG Music (Dreamworks) is still listed, so UMG now.Ā 

Just now, mitchard said:

You're right, but that's only the CD. I believe Adeline had exclusive vinyl rightsĀ 

This came in today. The art is obviously a poor digital file. It's pretty pixelated, but w/e. I'm going to listen to it soon and determine if it sounds the same/ worse than the original press (which I've listened to dozens of times).Ā 

Everything I've seen so far indicates it sound *good/ just fine." Hope so!

Ā 

Update: Miseria Cantare sounds incredible (albeit I need to CLEAN the records).

2nd update: I'm on "Bleed Black." If the whole album sounds like this, I'm happy as hell with it. I'm sure I'll finish it tonight, but so far, so good.Ā 

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

I listened to the first record yesterday, doesn't sound bad at all for a boot. And for 1/10 of the going rate for a legit copy, I'm content. The bass is definitely a bit low, but I was able to boost it a bit with my setup and it sounded better.Ā 

Ā 

My C side got double center labels, and the second label is super bubbled and runs over two of the runout grooves. Didn't expect much in the QC department for a boot, but that's still a bummer. Hopefully I'll hear back from Rollin on it. Otherwise i'll try to remove it, I guess.Ā 

On 6/12/2021 at 8:08 AM, ringo_0 said:

When does the boot come in? I can post myĀ vinyl rip of the original pressing for you guys to compare with the boot. I feel like it's nothing special, early 00's digital to vinyl, but who knows.Ā 

Ā 

32 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

This came in today. The art is obviously a poor digital file. It's pretty pixelated, but w/e. I'm going to listen to it soon and determine if it sounds the same/ worse than the original press (which I've listened to dozens of times).Ā 

Ā 

Here's my rip of the original pressing, lineage is included:Ā https://mega.nz/folder/L45h3aoY#disr6BMf729QXzHXRrOe5Q

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it looks like there was another bootleg pressing of STS. I don't really know where it came from or anything, but I've seen a few pop up on second hand sites.Ā 

Discogs Release Page - AFI Sing the Sorrow Grey Marble & Clear Marble

there was also a purple pressing, so now three different variant bootsĀ 

1 hour ago, tokimedo said:

there was also a purple pressing, so now three different variant bootsĀ 

Oh nice, I missed those.Ā 

Ā 

12 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

I just want a copy for around 50 bucks. But yeah, keep em coming.Ā 

Weren't the "original" boots of red variety around 40-50 before shipping? I could be making that up, I wasn't paying attention.Ā 

Ā 

--------------------------

Ā 

There are a couple of the grey and clear marble variants floating around some of the secondhand sites right now if you want to pay ~150-200.Ā 

Edited by phillybhatesme

• jhulud changed the title to AFI - Sing The Sorrow 2xLP - Boot Available Today - NOW: Official Reissue Happening & PO Dropping