AFI - Sing The Sorrow 2xLP - Boot Available Today - NOW: Official Reissue Happening & PO Dropping

1 hour ago, kjkenney said:

Nitro must've missed that memo. Pretty sure there's like 20+ different pressings of 'The Art of Drowning' lol. 

Lmao 😂 can't argue with that! This was in reference to a Decemberunderground repress. But holy shit there really are so many The Art of Drowning pressings.

9 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That’s cool and all if that’s a principle artists want to apply to their music, but I’ve found that 99% of them eventually go back on that idea, because money.  Life happens, expenses happen – I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard and artist or label say that there are zero plans to ever repress a certain album, only to see it as a limited drop or RSD exclusive within 2-5 years.

Absolutely. Patience almost pays off. I like bootlegs in the sense of "this is a live recording that's never going to see the light of day otherwise," or "this album is from an underground band that had 300 fans in 2006 and broke up shortly thereafter," but I wouldn't pay upwards of $50 for a MP3-sourced counterfeit copy of an album that I know hi-fi plates exist for. For the right price, maybe. But I'll happily wait for a legitimate repress.

• 5 weeks later...

More popped up at rock bottom.

Says they'll cancel if I share a link, don't how serious they are. Just search AFI on the site. https://rockbottom-records.com/

Honestly disappointed that they increased the price. I've had an extension refreshing their page for 3+ weeks now, and it was always $40 just noticed my thing broke because the page no longer existed. $60 for a boot is pretty silly.

Edited by MCDELTAT

23 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

More popped up at rock bottom.

Says they'll cancel if I share a link, don't how serious they are. Just search AFI on the site. https://rockbottom-records.com/

Honestly disappointed that they increased the price. I've had an extension refreshing their page for 3+ weeks now, and it was always $40 just noticed my thing broke because the page no longer existed. $60 for a boot is pretty silly.

Yeah even at $40 it ended up being 50+ with tax and shipping.
Also I got a 2x Purple copy of all things 🙃 so mixed feelings on the order.
But, it did show up, and it does have those songs on it!
Will happily ditch my copy as soon as I can get an official one. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got my tan/red copy. Honestly, only worth about $35 max. The cover is alright, but clearly pixelated in areas. Same goes for the audio. It sounds like really high quality MP3s. But I was expecting it to be a lot warmer and dynamic.

AFI/Label honestly messed up not pressing this themselves. If demand is shrinking, then I can’t imagine that many people are going to shell out for an official copy. It might sound slightly better, but that just means no one is going to be able to sell their boots and these prices will crash.

3 hours ago, mitchard said:

I mean, a CD rip was probably the actual audio source, so...

I mean, I first heard this album on a burned CD of from a friend who also did not own the CD, and I think bc I just ripped it and added it to my iPod, that’s always been the version I knew. So I was at least expecting it to sound better than my CD of mysterious origin ha.

And I know up until like 2 years ago I had albums that had skips. Those were downloaded from Napster post-DRM addition and then passed through some random software that re-recorded the sound card at high speed to produce a DRM free MP3. Finally swapped those lol

Edited by MCDELTAT
get these ads outta here

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, angryalan said:

Mmmmm... damaged bootleg... sounds good

Thats So Raven Chocolate GIF

• jhulud changed the title to AFI - Sing The Sorrow 2xLP - Boot Available Today - NOW: Official Reissue Happening & PO Dropping