PO Now: Carcass - Torn Arteries

After waiting through the pandemic for this thing to drop, looks like we will have to wait no more. New Carcass is here!!!

Nuclear Blast has some variants:

155x155.pngSwamp Green (Green w/ mint splatter) /500

155x155.pngFlesh Pink /750 (German Import)

155x155.pngMold Marbled  /700 (German Import)

155x155.pngWhite w/ red splatter /700 (german Import)

155x155.jpgThe Boxed Set (Yes that's a dishset with knife and fork) /2000

155x155.pngRed /1000

155x155.pngGreen /1000

155x155.pngBlood Splatter /7000

155x155.png The Cassette

New Single is Sick!!!

Edited by roadmonkey

13 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Man, I can imagine variant collecting this, or even Carcass in general these days.

Honestly, I'm all for it. Way more people are buying vinyl and the idea of actually being able to get a copy (especially if you don't give a crap about color) on day one is nice. Only the die hards will have their finger on the finger for the rarest variant and/or try to collect every single color. Quite frankly that's cool too, more money in the band's pocket.

That being said the wacky box set BS needs to stop.. including this place setting one. I mean fucking hell am I supposed to buy 8 of these fucking things so I can properly entertain my vegan metal friends during our fancy dinner parties? 

23 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

Honestly, I'm all for it. Way more people are buying vinyl and the idea of actually being able to get a copy (especially if you don't give a crap about color) on day one is nice. Only the die hards will have their finger on the finger for the rarest variant and/or try to collect every single color. Quite frankly that's cool too, more money in the band's pocket.

That being said the wacky box set BS needs to stop.. including this place setting one. I mean fucking hell am I supposed to buy 8 of these fucking things so I can properly entertain my vegan metal friends during our fancy dinner parties? 

Well, I meant “can’t” imagine. Ha. Oh well. I do agree on the availability of it being great, and with all the options, it’s really cool, hopefully everyone finds one they like. It took me a while to decide. I eventually went with the torn flesh pink. 

• 2 months later...

No comments on this one? Still waiting for my record, but I’ve been listening a lot via stream and I really like the album. A lot to digest. To me it’s certainly more complex and difficult to penetrate than the last few records, but I like that there is a good mix of sounds and arrangements, even throwbacks to the more jarring changes mid song ala Nectroticism. It’s not all rehash though as there are a couple of new directions that expand the sound without going too far off the rails. Really good and still growing. 

Musically I quite like it - the pacing is great and some of the riffs go toe to toe with their best work. Downside of being able to understand a lot of the lyrics is that -for me- they’re dull but the vocal *delivery* is ace. On the whole it’s REALLY impressive by any standard, let alone for a band as old as Carcass.

• 4 weeks later...

Pink Flesh vinyl arrived and I played through it. Sounds great. 45rpm like Surgical Steel. To me drums were a nice improvement with increased impact and punch and guitar sounded more distinct with overall clarity increased over digital format, but digital isn’t bad. Vinyl was slightly warped but played just fine without noticeable noise. 

Great album.