PO Now: Lorde - Solar Power

9 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

I’m so conflicted, I didn’t really like the single so I’m unsure if I want to try the rest of the album.. but then again if it sells out I’m screwed lmao and Melodrama was incredible 

signed and unsigned deluxe are both sold out already...  im in the same boat, would love to hear more before pulling the trigger but it feels like it wont be round much longer. 

8 minutes ago, SNEAKORDS said:

I don't want to get stuck with a record that sounds like Jack Johnson acoustic beach songs on your parents easy listening station tracks so I'm going to wait to see what the rest sounds like.

Just be thankful that Jack didn't release a record with a similar album cover. Mind you wouldn't it be funny if he did just have a record cover with his meat and two veg hanging out that was just called 'JOHNSON'?

44 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

They are not deserving of your sympathy. 

Also, there’s some kind of “music box” instead of a CD version. 

https://lorde.store/products/solar-power-music-box-discless-product

"100% BIODEGRADABLE HARD ECO BOX." 

this is 100% one of those birthday cards that plays music through a shitty little speaker when you open it. or just a digipak with a download card. but I like the idea of a birthday card that plays an entire album while sounding awful and you can't skip tracks more.

Edited by SNEAKORDS

Per the promo email that went out: "No CDs this time. I didn’t wanna make something that would end up in a landfill in 2 years, but more than that, I wanted to make something that symbolised my commitment to asking questions of our systems, and making stuff with intention and sensitivity.
I’m calling it a music box. It’ll be the same size and shape as a CD, and you can buy it where CDs live, but this is something totally different. If you’re torn on which hold-in-your-hands, flip-through-the-pages thing to buy to best enjoy this album, honestly, I’d go for the music box. You’ll know more about this very soon."

7 minutes ago, museummouth said:

That new song was one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard. 

Man, I've seen so many feeling the same! Maybe I just loved that cheesy pop/pop-rock from the 90s too much, cuz I'm loving the new song. I also seem to enjoy pretty much anything Antonoff touches, so I'm hopeful for the album. 

32 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Man, I've seen so many feeling the same! Maybe I just loved that cheesy pop/pop-rock from the 90s too much, cuz I'm loving the new song. I also seem to enjoy pretty much anything Antonoff touches, so I'm hopeful for the album. 

Honestly, I dig it more than I thought I would. Reminds me of George Michael stuff.

“We are aware that many people are making a connection between Freedom ’90 by George Michael and Solar Power by Lorde which George would have been flattered to hear, so on behalf of one great artist to a fellow artist, we wish her every success with the single.” – The George Michael Estate

Solar Power - A Message From the George Michael Estate

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...