PO - LOW - Hey What LP (Sept 10th)

20 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Probably one of the most hard-hitting losses in the music world for me, at least in recent memory.  From the announcement of her cancer to today – such a rapid decline.  Doesn’t even seem real.

Yeah, such a reality check when your musical icons prove they're mortal. RIP, Mimi. You were amazing, and will be sorely missed.

1 hour ago, skycriesmary said:

Yeah, such a reality check when your musical icons prove they're mortal. RIP, Mimi. You were amazing, and will be sorely missed.

I‘m in my early 30s and dreading that reality more and more as time goes on.  Especially with musicians and actors.  Reading a lot of comments on various posts across numerous sites, it’s harrowing to see (and consider) the youth shrug off this loss or ask “…who?”  I keep thinking back to when I was young and my parents would tell me about an actor or musician that had passed, and would have to explain their importance or impact to me because I simply had no idea at that age.  It’s very strange - and admittedly, not very fun - to feel myself slide towards that end of the table as it turns.

Edited by Derek™