Glassjaw - EYEWTKAS, W&T and Live At The Forum - 3xLP Boxset [PO 07/09/21]

spacer.png

Glassjaw recently announced a 2022 tour with two-night stands in most cities, which will find them performing their 2000 debut album Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence and their 2002 sophomore album Worship And Tribute in full. Now it's been revealed that the band will also be giving 180 gram colored vinyl reissues to both albums, and packaging them together with a vinyl release of Live At The Forum, recorded at The Forum in London in 2011 and featuring songs from their first two albums and their 2011 EP Our Color Green (but the vinyl release won't include the Coloring Book encore). EYEWTKAS comes on cyan vinyl, Worship And Tribute on magenta, and the live album on yellow, and they will only come all together as a three-piece vinyl set (not separately).

Making the Worship And Tribute reissue even more exciting, it will include "Convectuoso," which Glassjaw intended to close out the album but which they had to leave off the record due to label issues. They've since gained back the rights to the song, and this reissue marks the first vinyl release of Worship And Tribute with the tracklist that Glassjaw originally intended. 

The three-piece vinyl set will only be available to ticketbuyers for Glassjaw's upcoming tour, and ticket-holders will pick up their purchased vinyl at the show they attend. Pre-orders launch on Friday, July 9 at noon ET and we'll have the records available to order in our store with packaging exclusive to our stores. We'll let you know as soon as pre-orders are up, and remember you need a ticket to the tour to purchase the records. All dates and all ticket links below (including newly-added shows in Pomona, Chicago, and London):

-- Brooklyn Vegan [full story]

Edited by strangers

7 minutes ago, hookups96 said:

Saint Vitus posted about this and said the two nights at the Warsaw. Brooklyn Vegan says the tour. I wonder if A. It will be for all shows. And B. Will different stores offer different jackets like Coloring book did? 

yeah it'll be the same thing as coloring book - 2 covers, 1 for MD and 1 for the other retail sites

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

"they will only come all together as a three-piece vinyl set (not separately). The three-piece vinyl set will only be available to ticketbuyers"

this fucking band

The sentence after that one completely contradicts it, though.  I imagine there's some nuanced bullshit between ticket-holder exclusive vinyl and general sale vinyl.

This is from the BrooklynVegan announcement:

Pre-orders launch on Friday, July 9 at noon ET and we'll have the records available to order in our store with packaging exclusive to our stores. We'll let you know as soon as pre-orders are up, and remember you need a ticket to the tour to purchase the records.

Glassjaw reissuing first 2 LPs & live album as limited color vinyl set (we’ll be selling an exclusive version) (brooklynvegan.com)

THIS. FUCKIN'. BAND. 

20 hours ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

I was trying to think of a way they could screw the average customer over and decided selling all 3 records in one package is the way to go. Look forward to having that Live album forced on you.

Called it... halfway at least.

Edited by The Fuck Whisperer

If you can buy 1 record per ticket I'll pick up an extra up for someone here as I'm planning to hit up both London shows.

Wonder how they're allocating these; a ltd number available for each show with the pre-order up on Friday? Or a pressed-to-order system where every ticket holder has the option to buy one and pick it up at their show?   

Either way, as always, Glassjaw are gonna Glassjaw eh!