Glassjaw - EYEWTKAS, W&T and Live At The Forum - 3xLP Boxset [PO 07/09/21]

Sounds like the 3 album together bundle is a tour only option that you pick up at the show you attend ( ala: the white material control tour variant) and there will be separate versions (with alternate covers?) available through Brooklyn Vegan on their webstore, if I’m reading this right? 

Edited by sugareggs

18 minutes ago, sugareggs said:

Sounds like the 3 album together bundle is a tour only option that you pick up at the show you attend ( ala: the white material control tour variant) and there will be separate versions (with alternate covers?) available through Brooklyn Vegan on their webstore, if I’m reading this right? 

No, the Brooklyn Vegan webstore will have its own exclusive cover - which you will still have to pick up at the show. 

Exclusive tour presses with variants exclusive to particular web stores. You can’t Glassjaw this any more. 

Edited by subplotofcrows

15 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

Watch, the typical Glassjaw thing to do is to not even have these ready by the time the tour even starts.

And when they are available, the set is housed in a pizza box.  Some expletive in gigantic Helvetica font across the top.  (Your Fucking Boxset)  Requires that gj adapter we saw years back, which they conveniently sell at their merch stand for the tour, but it's bundled with temporary tattoos and a Glassjaw themed puka necklace for $25.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

And when they are available, the set is housed in a pizza box.  Some expletive in gigantic Helvetica font across the top.  (Your Fucking Boxset)  Requires that gj adapter we saw years back, which they conveniently sell at their merch stand for the tour, but it's bundled with temporary tattoos and a Glassjaw themed puka necklace for $25.

Guess I’m going to a show, I need that necklace.

5 hours ago, jhulud said:

So you can't pre-order unless you have a ticket to one of the shows? 

Looks like! What the fuck! They still found a way to fuck people out of this. Why make it exclusive to fucking concert-goers? Why ever have exclusivity at all?

For that matter, there's no way they are fitting the entire Forum performance on a single LP. And if they do, they're idiots and it will sound like shit. The likely scenario is that they are only pressing the encore to the single LP.

That is, if my understanding of these is that they are literally (3) single LP's. The first two LP's, especially including "Convectuoso" on W&T, are deeply pushing the limits of the acceptable running time for a single LP. Not sure how they're going to pull this off but its figures they would waste a bunch of "precious" PVC on unlistenable, garbage quality releases just to fit their chosen format of a 3xLP boxset.

In short, this is fucking stupid... again.

DISCLAIMER: In ten years from the date of receipt of the boxset Beck shows up at your house and cuts all three LP's into three concentric rings to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of doing vinyl the exact wrong way.

13 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

For that matter, there's no way they are fitting the entire Forum performance on a single LP. And if they do, they're idiots and it will sound like shit. The likely scenario is that they are only pressing the encore to the single LP.

Somewhere on the last page I read that the inverse is true; the live LP has everything except the encore.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Somewhere on the last page I read that the inverse is true; the live LP has everything except the encore.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/glassjaw-reissuing-first-2-lps-live-album-as-limited-color-vinyl-set-well-be-selling-an-exclusive-version/

EYEWTKAS Tracklist
Pretty Lush
Siberian Kiss
Ry Ry’s Song
Lovebites and Razorlines
Hurting and Shoving (She Should Have Let Me Sleep)
Majour
Her Middle Name Was Boom
Piano
Babe
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence
Motel of the White Locust

Worship And Tribute Tracklist
Tip Your Bartender
Mu Empire
Cosmopolitan Blood Loss
Ape Dos Mil
Pink Roses
Must’ve Run All Day
Stuck Pig
Radio Cambodia
The Gillette Cavalcade of Sports
Trailer Park Jesus
Two Tabs of Mescaline
Convectuoso

Live At The Forum Tracklist
You Think You’re (John Fucking Lennon)
Tip Your Bartender
Mu Empire
Stars
Ape Dos Mil
The Gillette Cavalcade of Sports
Pink Roses
Jesus Glue
Natural Born Farmer
All Good Junkies Go to Heaven
El Mark
Convectuoso
Two Tabs of Mescaline
Siberian Kiss

26 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

I don't see any way they can enforce you having a ticket to the show at the time of ordering.  The only thing they can do is not offer any shipping option, which puts it on the buyer to go to a show to claim their records.

And WE KNOW they won't have it at your specific show. Probably by the next one. 

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Why do Long Island bands hate their fans so much? 😂 

Seems like TBS is the only LI band from this era that doesn't make it impossible or ridiculously expensive for their fans to own their records. Yeesh. 

I agree. Up until recently, Bayside and Brand New records were easy and cheap to obtain. Until Victory Records took a shit and died and Jesse Lacey was discovered to be a piece of shit and should die. 

41 minutes ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

I agree. Up until recently, Bayside and Brand New records were easy and cheap to obtain. Until Victory Records took a shit and died and Jesse Lacey was discovered to be a piece of shit and should die. 

I'm not sure which part of this was the /s or.... even before everything came out about Jesse, remember than they made stupid brown bag versions of Deja for RSD? The kid that got the one at my store had been there in line for 18 hours.

EDIT:
And then let's not forget about the Deluxe version of their last album that had like 500, then more went up. I got another paper bag CD of the album and sold that crap for $300, because their fans are weird.

Edited by MCDELTAT

16 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I'm not sure which part of this was the /s or.... even before everything came out about Jesse, remember than they made stupid brown bag versions of Deja for RSD? The kid that got the one at my store had been there in line for 18 hours.

EDIT:
And then let's not forget about the Deluxe version of their last album that had like 500, then more went up. I got another paper bag CD of the album and sold that crap for $300, because their fans are weird.

Yeeeah, the whiskey did a number on me last night. 
Ridiculous paper bags and stickers notwithstanding, buying regular editions of BN’s albums was easy after 2015. 

18 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

EDIT:

My favorite was when someone cut eye holes in it and wore it as a mask. Top notch shit posting. 

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I suspect the only way this release could possibly get more Glassjaw is to have the records "accidentally" available for a small window of time on their website, only to mass-refund everyone a day or two later.

only available for 19 min and 93 seconds 

(yes i am aware that is 20 min and 33 seconds)