PO: Boris Flood & NO from Third Man

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Which store was that, if I may ask?  For me, it's been Bull Moose for the last 3-4 items I tried ordering earlier this year.

It was Be Independent.

Not bitter or anything as they let me know in time to find them elsewhere. They have also helped me find other things without scalping me, so still a lot of love for Shawn and the gang. 👍🏻

Done pretty well with Bull Moose, as I only missed out on a couple recently.

Edited by Plarocks

1 hour ago, Plarocks said:

It was Be Independent.

Not bitter or anything as they let me know in time to find them elsewhere. They have also helped me find other things without scalping me, so still a lot of love for Shawn and the gang. 👍🏻

Done pretty well with Bull Moose, as I only missed out on a couple recently.

The basis for everything I know about records is because of Shawn  I worked for Independent for 4 years and he really took me under his wing and taught me the ropes of record collecting and buying for a retail operation and I still consider him one of my closest friends even though we are miles apart now so I love this shoutout. I now manage product for a successful midwest record store/audio equipment dealer. I am in charge of ordering/all used buys and all processing and pricing  of used records and I would never be here without him. Smash those preorders for www.beindependent.com they could really use the support right now.  If for some reason they don't have them up I got you covered https://vinylren.com/search-results-page?q=boris

• 1 month later...

2 TMR Vault variants up as well:

https://thirdmanstore.com/products/flood-limited-edition-jade-splatter-vinyl

733vaultAB.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&fit=clip&fm=jpg&q=80&w=800

https://thirdmanstore.com/products/no-limited-edition-maroon-splatter-vinyl

732vaultAB.jpg?auto=compress,format&fit=

And a few additional pressings as well, looks like they're the artist-exclusives (no idea where to get that Flood)

733borisstoreAB.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&fit=clip&fm=jpg&q=80&w=800

732borisstoreAB.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&fit=clip&fm=jpg&q=80&w=800

Edited by KaitouG

Ugh, membership. Does anyone know if TMR subscriber variants are locked behind membership for good or if they ever go up for sale to the public down the line?

@KaitouG My gut says that's probably the NYD fan club variant. They've usually sold fan club variants a little later than the initial street date. I'd keep a look out on Boris and NYD's instagrams.

1 hour ago, ghost said:

My gut says that's probably the NYD fan club variant. They've usually sold fan club variants a little later than the initial street date. I'd keep a look out on Boris and NYD's instagrams.

Hate the fact that I had to wait until release date to dig for any info regarding NYD/band variants. IIRC they at least hinted band variants for the Absolutego/Amplifier Worship reissues a week or so before the release date?

Regardless I did end up springing for the Vault variants; they might be sold at the TMR storefronts but outside of that I do think they'll be locked to members.

Edited by KaitouG

Welp.  I'm officially desperate for that artist-exclusive Flood.  Damn.  I personally like the indie "jade" that's available, today, a bit more than the TMR splatter for Flood... but that artist version is a beaut.  Worth noting is that the split version of NO is up on their bandcamp for $35 PPD at the moment.  It'd be a glorious day to grab that Flood variant in the same spot, for the same price.  Importing from NYD is mad pricey.

Edited by Derek™

7 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

Hate the fact that I had to wait until release date to dig for any info regarding NYD/band variants. IIRC they at least hinted band variants for the Absolutego/Amplifier Worship reissues a week or so before the release date?

Regardless I did end up springing for the Vault variants; they might be sold at the TMR storefronts but outside of that I do think they'll be locked to members.

Yeah, agreed. I think you're right on that. There were more hints for those 2 releases. Third Man Pressing even had videos of them pressing those variants on their instagram.

Booo, that's lame. Although, the opaque jade isn't bad. Thanks for the info.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Welp.  I'm officially desperate for that artist-exclusive Flood.  Damn.  I personally like the indie "jade" that's available, today, a bit more than the TMR splatter for Flood... but that artist version is a beaut.  Worth noting is that the split version of NO is up on their bandcamp for $35 PPD at the moment.  It'd be a glorious day to grab that Flood variant in the same spot, for the same price.  Importing from NYD is mad pricey.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Shipping costs from NYD increased so much post pandemic. It's practically the cost of a double LP on their site 😓

That artist exclusive for Flood still hasn't surfaced as far as I can tell.  I doubt it'll happen tonight, but the band are showcasing a lot of merch that'll appear on NYD at 12:00, Japanese time.  (That's 8 PST or 11 EST this evening, for folks keeping score at home.)  Not holding my breath but it may be something to keep an eye on.