PO Now: HALSEY - If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power LP (Produced by NIN) - out on 8/27

22 minutes ago, jhulud said:

So. How is the film? Tell us (me) all about it. 

it was... interesting. very dark. lots of boobies. if you've seen the trailers and the album art you've got a good idea of the tone. the music is perfect for the vibe she's going for. i appreciate that she has an artistic vision and she must have carried it out and filmed it throughout her pregnancy.  i'm curious to see how the album is going to stand up without the film. i'm pretty sure they only used parts of songs and not full songs. there was some spoken dialog and some interludes. i'm trying not to spoil it too much... it reminds me a lot of Hopeless Fountain Kingdom. The videos really helped the concept for that album, but I didn't like it as much on its own. Was a much bigger fan of the last album.

Edited by mikeytags

Saw the movie last night. Lots of boobs and bush... I was slightly disappointed in the music. I thought it'd be a lot more rock (There was one blatant rock song is "Easier Than Lying" which reminds me of a little harder version of 3am) but it honestly fits in pretty nicely with the rest of her stuff. I don't think anything really stood out as being a departure for her.  

I had trouble taking it all in... watching the film, depicting all the metaphors, listening to the music, listening to the lyrics... anxious to hear the whole album. She confirmed not all of the music is in the album, which I assumed after seeing it. 

I'm still super lost on this timeline of when she wrote the music, created the album, wrote the screen play, filmed it...

Edited by nardes

11 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

So my Walmart copy arrived... I double checked my order to make sure there was only one in the order and there was certainly only one in the order but somehow this happened.

Sucks for the flipper who is going to receive the 1 copy you ordered.

3 minutes ago, fish said:

Sucks for the flipper who is going to receive the 1 copy you ordered.

That's true haha! Looks like whoever was in the warehouse that day just took the box they came in from the manufacturer and just slapped a shipping label on it and called it a day. It wasn't taped shut or anything when it arrived and it had a PO sticker on the side saying how many the box contained and what the box had inside.

19 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

That's true haha! Looks like whoever was in the warehouse that day just took the box they came in from the manufacturer and just slapped a shipping label on it and called it a day. It wasn't taped shut or anything when it arrived and it had a PO sticker on the side saying how many the box contained and what the box had inside.

Haha! How many are actually in the box?