A Great Big Pile of Leaves (July ‘23 update. Prefrontal Cortex and YAOMM repress live!)

Oh yeah, I'm not fussed about the final thing looking like a mock up, especially when it comes out this awesome. That subtle a/b variation is just a nice (probably not intended) touch. Also, so glad it doesn't sound like it's running over gravel like a lot of splatters; Whole LP is clean and sounds great and that bass is niiiiicceee for a single LP too, so punchy.

• 1 month later...

Dude.... I've seen a couple companies go through this process, it's never clean. The acquisition company will fight tooth and nail to keep everything in limbo. Best case scenario, Topshelf will burn a bunch of legal fees showing documentation that the records/merch was theirs and simply located at the facility. I'll definitely be donating. Question is how much.

Total side note, was @whoathe only one to get Pono? Wasn't that in transit to them right now? I can wait though....

FUCKING HELL. I think the worst part of this situation is that the liquidation of stock includes every labels/artists/small businesses materials being hosted there here and US, proper pikey cunt shite thing to do to everyone and so selfish.

I would also steer clear of the original company, Awesome Merch, unless that's folded, but that should also fold now because people need to stop using all related companies to these cretins.

@MCDELTATreally REALLY hope it's NOT on its way to the warehouse and it's going to the label first. Fuck, man, the logistics of this one. I'm fed up of enjoying this record on myself. It's lonely.

1 hour ago, whoa said:

FUCKING HELL. I think the worst part of this situation is that the liquidation of stock includes every labels/artists/small businesses materials being hosted there here and US, proper pikey cunt shite thing to do to everyone and so selfish.

I would also steer clear of the original company, Awesome Merch, unless that's folded, but that should also fold now because people need to stop using all related companies to these cretins.

@MCDELTATreally REALLY hope it's NOT on its way to the warehouse and it's going to the label first. Fuck, man, the logistics of this one. I'm fed up of enjoying this record on myself. It's lonely.

This record is mythical at this point. Thanks for posting the only proof it exists on the internet haha

51 minutes ago, xthricex said:

So I guess I should just cancel my second press order of Pono???

Or just continue to wait?

I love supporting this label, so I'm keeping all my current PO's active through Topshelf. Hell, that money is already long gone out of my bank account.

I'm sure they will have a flood of cancellation emails, and that is just added stress to an already shitty situation.

Hoping the best for Kevin, Seth, and the crew, but this will take time and money to get sorted out.

All we can do right now is continue to be patient, help spread the word, and if able, donate to their Kickstarter.

If I find out anyone cancels their preorders (this doesn’t even affect items TSR are still waiting on, only in stock things in the awesome warehouse/a few merch preorders that will be delayed) I will fight them. All record preorders are like 8+ months now anyways so you all best sit and wait patiently.

17 hours ago, xthricex said:

I can't remember when the second press was scheduled for completion but they're going to do their best to reroute shipments to a new location upon completion. Hang in there, it's worth the wait.

2 hours ago, AWasteOfATime said:

from what I gathered since awesome distro didnt ever get their hands on the Pono shipments, they shouldn't be directly affected by this, and they're going to ship them out themselves whenever they arrive. 

2 hours ago, AWasteOfATime said:

from what I gathered since awesome distro didnt ever get their hands on the Pono shipments, they shouldn't be directly affected by this, and they're going to ship them out themselves whenever they arrive. 

Kevin confirmed this in the Topshelf Discord for me yesterday 👍

3 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I can't remember when the second press was scheduled for completion but they're going to do their best to reroute shipments to a new location upon completion. Hang in there, it's worth the wait.

Thanks! This was my second thought, since the pressing hasn’t even happened yet it shouldn’t be stuck in warehouse hell yet. Still seems aways off but I’ll be glad to not cancel and hope it still arrives!

• dapeebs changed the title to A Great Big Pile of Leaves (July ‘23 update. Prefrontal Cortex and YAOMM repress live!)