A Great Big Pile of Leaves (July ‘23 update. Prefrontal Cortex and YAOMM repress live!)

Reached out to Topshelf today, they said they still have not received the 180g or splatter. Estimate of 3 weeks until shipping, but pretty sure that’s what the last guy said when he checked in with Topshelf earlier this month.

Sounds like they have no idea what is going on with them. I could have sworn they said that these came from overseas in Sept.

8 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Reached out to Topshelf today, they said they still have not received the 180g or splatter. Estimate of 3 weeks until shipping, but pretty sure that’s what the last guy said when he checked in with Topshelf earlier this month.

Sounds like they have no idea what is going on with them. I could have sworn they said that these came from overseas in Sept.

Yeah I thought the same, but who knows.  I dont mind waiting since the shitshow that happened.  But just jealous of people who already have theirs.

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Just got mine as well. It’s my old address though. I updated it and got confirmation from Awesome Distro, but they must not have shared information that. So heads up, if you’ve changed address, you should let them know.

Mine just shipped as well and I had literally just sent in a request to change the address on Thursday. I noticed when I replied to the initial order email that I got an automated response from awesomedistro, figured that wasn't gonna mean shit, and reached out to Topshelf directly. Kevin took care of it within a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, tape said:

Mine just shipped as well and I had literally just sent in a request to change the address on Thursday. I noticed when I replied to the initial order email that I got an automated response from awesomedistro, figured that wasn't gonna mean shit, and reached out to Topshelf directly. Kevin took care of it within a couple of hours.

Yeah as soon as all this started going down I just assumed Awesome changed it in their own shipping logs and Topshelf would need to be updated again since it was never updated on the Topshelf order page. It was actually way easier changing it with Topshelf the second time I got an answer in less than 5 min.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Anybody's order get stuck at pre-shipment/label created? Mine shows as last updated on 12/1, no movement since. 

The founder of TS posted this in his discord on 12/14. It seemed very reasonable so I'm not sure why he has that very aggressive FBomb sentence in there haha. 

"PSA: not a very exciting update but an update nonetheless! 

since the fallout with Awesome Merch (topshelfrecords.com/lemons), i do our mail order now (like, just me). and i have had a vacation to asia booked for months. i am on that vacation rn and omggggg i deserve it so completely fuck you wait a couple weeks for your order my life has been in shambles for months thanks!!! so no orders are shipping and customer support emails are really delayed as a result. i have shipped out every possible order i can before i left. if you have an order that says the label was printed but it hasnt shipped yet,,,,,, that is because the label was printed and it hasn’t shipped yet. i’ll do it when i get home. thanks for your patience and understanding while i take some time for myself. we’ll be back at it 100% soon. 🙏"

On 12/16/2022 at 4:49 AM, Justinadamk said:

The founder of TS posted this in his discord on 12/14. It seemed very reasonable so I'm not sure why he has that very aggressive FBomb sentence in there haha. 

"PSA: not a very exciting update but an update nonetheless! 

since the fallout with Awesome Merch (topshelfrecords.com/lemons), i do our mail order now (like, just me). and i have had a vacation to asia booked for months. i am on that vacation rn and omggggg i deserve it so completely fuck you wait a couple weeks for your order my life has been in shambles for months thanks!!! so no orders are shipping and customer support emails are really delayed as a result. i have shipped out every possible order i can before i left. if you have an order that says the label was printed but it hasnt shipped yet,,,,,, that is because the label was printed and it hasn’t shipped yet. i’ll do it when i get home. thanks for your patience and understanding while i take some time for myself. we’ll be back at it 100% soon. 🙏"

Not in the Discord, but saw the Twitter post that is lacking any of the passive aggressiveness displayed here. Funny to see the difference between the more publicly viewed post and this one.

Have always loved Topshelf and will continue to support them, but I really feel like if there were any orders to make sure were fulfilled completely, it would be the AGBPOL vinyl that we have had ordered for almost 18 months at this point. Yes, I know most of it was out of their control. Yes, I am coming off a bit spoiled and entitled here. Yes, is it the end of the world to wait another month or so? No, not really.

But to say I am not disappointed and rubbed the wrong way a little by the Discord post, especially after all of the updates over the past few months insisting they were coming in and shipping soon, and having to check in on my order regularly because there was never any public update that the splatter and black were delayed, would be a lie.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:14 AM, dapeebs said:

Not in the Discord, but saw the Twitter post that is lacking any of the passive aggressiveness displayed here. Funny to see the difference between the more publicly viewed post and this one.

Have always loved Topshelf and will continue to support them, but I really feel like if there were any orders to make sure were fulfilled completely, it would be the AGBPOL vinyl that we have had ordered for almost 18 months at this point. Yes, I know most of it was out of their control. Yes, I am coming off a bit spoiled and entitled here. Yes, is it the end of the world to wait another month or so? No, not really.

But to say I am not disappointed and rubbed the wrong way a little by the Discord post, especially after all of the updates over the past few months insisting they were coming in and shipping soon, and having to check in on my order regularly because there was never any public update that the splatter and black were delayed, would be a lie.

You've got a point. Kind of a weird energy to have towards people he was asking for donating a couple months ago. I'm sure this has been a stressful situation, but let's not forget this is a risk all labels (or businesses in general) take when they outsource work.

29 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

You all are reading way too much into this. This guy was just goofing off while asking for just a bit more patience.

Honestly. I was going to say the same thing. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously and he needs that vacation more than most of us.

• dapeebs changed the title to A Great Big Pile of Leaves (July ‘23 update. Prefrontal Cortex and YAOMM repress live!)