A Great Big Pile of Leaves (July ‘23 update. Prefrontal Cortex and YAOMM repress live!)

1 minute ago, summerfences said:

no love for the 180g black?

figured that would be the first variant to go given that they were both /300. 

/shrug 

What would compel you to feel that way?  Just curious.  Unless you're McPherson, black vinyl is considered serviceable but definitely the "boring" choice around these here parts – assuming there is a choice, of course.  (Oh, and what they don't tell you is that the G in 180g stands for gimmick.  Wish we still had spoiler tags so I could mask that.)  I really don't see what it has going for it over the other choices, myself.

2 hours ago, summerfences said:

no love for the 180g black?

figured that would be the first variant to go given that they were both /300. 

/shrug 

I’ve covered my thoughts in multiple threads at this point. I don’t mind black, but I occasionally like to resell things if I want something else or just don’t like the album as much as I assumed. Black gets 0 love on the aftermarket. I tried GIVING AWAY a Minecraft Beta 2xLP that Ghostly sent to me on accident and there were no takers on IG or Reddit. I ended up selling it for $10 on Discogs and someone though I was running a scam lol. Multiple people asked about it bc the price was low but only wanted a colored copy lol. Usually I have a hard time even selling at price and have to just lose money on it. A major part of the hobby (not for me) is being flashy on IG or wherever, so black is unfortunately dead to most.

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

What would compel you to feel that way?  Just curious.  Unless you're McPherson, black vinyl is considered serviceable but definitely the "boring" choice around these here parts – assuming there is a choice, of course.  (Oh, and what they don't tell you is that the G in 180g stands for gimmick.  Wish we still had spoiler tags so I could mask that.)  I really don't see what it has going for it over the other choices, myself.

5 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I’ve covered my thoughts in multiple threads at this point. I don’t mind black, but I occasionally like to resell things if I want something else or just don’t like the album as much as I assumed. Black gets 0 love on the aftermarket. I tried GIVING AWAY a Minecraft Beta 2xLP that Ghostly sent to me on accident and there were no takers on IG or Reddit. I ended up selling it for $10 on Discogs and someone though I was running a scam lol. Multiple people asked about it bc the price was low but only wanted a colored copy lol. Usually I have a hard time even selling at price and have to just lose money on it. A major part of the hobby (not for me) is being flashy on IG or wherever, so black is unfortunately dead to most.

i opted for the black just because i've bought *~SOOO~* many colored/splattered records over the past month and wanted something a little different.
but personal preference aside, i guess i'm mostly just surprised that the split was so wild in this specific case ie. selling through 1,200 colored records before the more limited alternative was gone.

but yeah, this record is going to be killer regardless.

10 hours ago, rabbitvinyl said:

Hyped for this but Spring 2022 seems crazy. Especially after Topshelf originally planned for the toe represses mid-July 2021, and now they're saying October/November without any heads up to people who placed an order. 

For reference, they made it aware to the public in March how bad things were going to be.

18 hours ago, Derek™ said:

A mention but no tag? What's up with that, bro? 😋

In all seriousness though, I've slept on this. Wanted to listen to the single first but was too busy last night. Might just scoop that 180gimmick black anyway but that wait though. If I don't get it, I'm sure it will go out of print and then I'll end up loving the album so much that I'll wish I had just bought it. I held out hope they would eventually repress HYSMPC on black at some point but obviously that didn't happen. I actually have that on the original translucent green and red. Never got into YAOMM. I'd probably enjoy it but it just sort of fell by the wayside for me. I was certain they couldn't top the first LP and was pursuing fairly different genres more aggressively when that came out.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I feel this.  It's bizarrely smoky and hot as hell in northern California right now.  Doesn't quite match up with the breezy vibes of Pono but I'll take it, regardless.

I guess we’ve waited 8 years so I probably shouldn’t be complaining over the timing of the summer release. Lmao

• dapeebs changed the title to A Great Big Pile of Leaves (July ‘23 update. Prefrontal Cortex and YAOMM repress live!)