Discogs Buyer SCAM

Just had a case open against me by a discogs buyer. He filed an unauthorized use with their credit card or bank. The item was already shows received from tracking.  New user on discogs. 

I feel like I have seen this scammer talked about on here. Anyway, at this point I have no recourse so just throwing this guys name out there so no one else gets scammed. Hopefully I don't lose both the record and the money since I have tracking showing this delivered.

Discogs username: _alexforster

Name: Alex Forster

Email: bush94gmail.com

Lives in NC

Talked to Paypal on the phone today after getting hit with one of these. They said as long as youre shipping to the address on the buyer's account and can provide the delivered tracking confirmation you should be covered under the Seller Protection. Dispute was resolved with no loss on our end luckily

I had this exact thing happen to me last year after selling at item to a new user on eBay. They filed an “unauthorized transaction” with their bank like a month and a half after it was delivered and the funds for the transaction got withheld in my PayPal account. I responded to the dispute with all the info I had and called PayPal the next day, to which they said as long as you can provide proof of delivery to the buyer’s address on file (via a tracking number) then you’re covered by PayPal’s seller protection. They were able to release the funds back to me immediately and that was the last of that dispute on my end at least. I’m sure the buyer’s bank refunded them in the end but I wasn’t out any funds. Make sure you block the buyer from future purchases if you haven’t already. 

Edited by mychemicalrecords

3 hours ago, se7enstitches said:

Talked to Paypal on the phone today after getting hit with one of these. They said as long as youre shipping to the address on the buyer's account and can provide the delivered tracking confirmation you should be covered under the Seller Protection. Dispute was resolved with no loss on our end luckily

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I provided tracking to paypal so it does show this was delivered. I also bought the shipping through paypal so hope that helps toclears me on my end as well.