SOLD OUT Now: Nothing - Don't Look for Light in Tunnels (A Decade of Nothing)

22 hours ago, ntslash said:

It was closer to $50, but mine is still sealed and I have no intention of listening to it. Do you want to buy it?

I’m in the market for some more shelf filler to waste space in the collection, so yeah.  Can you do $45?

I get why people scrambled to buy it.  (“Because Nothing.”)  And to be fair, there were several people in this thread alone who paused long enough to read the description and contemplate the pricing… whereas I have no doubt tons of fans just raced to add it to the cart and checkout the moment it was announced.

But I’m not looking to chastise anyone for buying it.  I do think it’s a gimmick release and now that it’s been out for a while, and the mystery has subsided, I was just wondering if there was anyone here who’s actually played it multiple times.  (Or at all.)  I can’t say I’m overly surprised by the responses.  Discogs has some pretty salty reviews too.

8 hours ago, Shelby said:

Sonic and subsonic literally mean "sound" and "no sound". That isn't clear at all when the following sentence says the band is in a room with mics on all their instruments on the surface (or sonic) level with another (subsonic) experiment hidden on second groove. I don't think people should be all that mad but don't defend this either lol.

If it was so obvious why didn't you tell us all what it was? You were posting around the drop time.

The description of “thought experiment” didn’t tip you off? I don’t think they mis led anyone I just think most people lack comprehension 

16 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

The description of “thought experiment” didn’t tip you off?

Thought experiment = people thought they were getting some actual music. 😅

47 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

I'm pretty sure the band gets off to the angry reaction of fans.

At least the Full of Hell/Nothing "Full of Nothing" collab is coming. Maybe that won't be a play on words.

Are you sure it’s not Whirr who has the love-hate relationship with their fanbase?  I don’t know if I’ve gotten that vibe from Nothing.  But I know the lines sort of blue between the 2 bands, sometimes.

Regardless, that is indeed a promising collab. 🤞

25 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

The description of “thought experiment” didn’t tip you off? I don’t think they mis led anyone I just think most people lack comprehension 

When most people lack comprehension there's probably a chance it isn't comprehensive. But yeah thanks for being so mysterious and not letting any of us know even though you read countless posts questioning what this was. Really weird hill to die on here lol

45 minutes ago, Shelby said:

When most people lack comprehension there's probably a chance it isn't comprehensive. But yeah thanks for being so mysterious and not letting any of us know even though you read countless posts questioning what this was. Really weird hill to die on here lol

I had no idea what it was either but I wasn’t expecting new nothing music or a thing haha it’s not the end of the world and yeah it is funny 

18 hours ago, highfives said:

This is bullshit.  Describing meticulously placed mics, tuned drums and guitars, amps, preamps, all insinuate actual music.  The easy swap of the band name stylized in all lowercase letters with the actual word “nothing” is also deceptive.

They knew what they were doing and it was sneaky as fuck.  It has absolutely ruined me taking any chances on this band’s releases now.

The moment I spun this and found out what it was I listed it on eBay and luckily recouped my money.   

Oooooo very very angery, I’m sure they’ll miss your money 😂

16 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I was just wondering if there was anyone here who’s actually played it multiple times.  (Or at all.)

I’ve been avoiding responding to not be the labeled the weirdo. But I’ve listened to this a few times. Once without doing anything and paying attention to everything, and then a couple times while studying/working. It actually plays kinda interesting in the latter context because you get mostly silence but enough small details that you get pricked with attention.