(PO SOON?) : Turnstile - Glow On

6 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Fuck, another slapper. I don’t see how this album isn’t AOTY. Unless Etid releases pure heat which is possible, turnstile has it wrapped up

Because Julien Baker already put out the AOTY. I’ll be surprised if this one tops fiddlehead. 

6 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Fuck, another slapper. I don’t see how this album isn’t AOTY. Unless Etid releases pure heat which is possible, turnstile has it wrapped up

Agreed. Honestly, i feel like it's whether ETID actually releases the album this year or not that determines AOTY. If they do, I just have a feeling it's going to be their heaviest yet.

Though, this new stuff from turnstile is absolutely fire

https://24hundred.net/collections/turnstile

24Hundred in Australia has pre-orders listed for Glow On, Time & Space, and Nonstop Feeling. T&S and NF have a pre-order date of October 22nd so hopefully that means they're getting a wider repress.

*Posting this in multiple threads so people know to keep an eye out

9 hours ago, dantheriver said:

You guys are funny. Let some more albums come out before you choose your fav. Or at least let the albums you are choosing come out before they are your fav.

Seeing the year is halfway over and not much has been announced, i personally am comfortable with saying it. Also, the songs have been that good, confidence sets in.

10 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Agreed. Honestly, i feel like it's whether ETID actually releases the album this year or not that determines AOTY. If they do, I just have a feeling it's going to be their heaviest yet.

Though, this new stuff from turnstile is absolutely fire

We can take it to the Etid thread but while I think the album is gonna be amazing, based on the songs released so far, we’ve heard about 5/6 from the new album, I don’t get a heaviness from it

7 hours ago, parkinglot said:

it’s fun to get excited about music and talk about it 

100%.  And doubly so when you can keep the conversation grounded in reality.  I think it’s probably feasible to discuss music and share hype without necessarily defining how a record stacks up before you even hear it.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

100%.  And doubly so when you can keep the conversation grounded in reality.  I think it’s probably feasible to discuss music and share hype without necessarily defining how a record stacks up before you even hear it.

Just out of curiosity, when do you think its fair to call it, a whole album listen? For example this turnstile, they have release bout half of the album already. Im with ya tho , 1 or 2 songs would be a silly statement to make.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

22 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I get this for sure. Like was said before, confidence sets in, and my brain runs wild sometimes 😝

I feel like I may have overused the “AOTY” term too much too. In reality, even if this is Turnstiles BEST album to date, how can I truly judge how it stacks up against other albums this year, if I haven’t listened to everything so far. Also, is “AOTY” subjective based on genre? Or are we putting for example/and hypothetically a new ETID album against Leon Bridges new record from last month? IMO, you do, but wondering what other think.  

1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

https://24hundred.net/collections/turnstile

24Hundred in Australia has pre-orders listed for Glow On, Time & Space, and Nonstop Feeling. T&S and NF have a pre-order date of October 22nd so hopefully that means they're getting a wider repress.

*Posting this in multiple threads so people know to keep an eye out

Thanks a lot for the news!!!...Hope T&S has some color options....