(PO SOON?) : Turnstile - Glow On

8 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Randomly saw the on YouTube. I want to know how many people will see that and it's their first experience with hardcore. Turnstile really representing this generation of the genre.

Exactly what I'm thinking. This will probably bring all kinds of new people into the genre. Hate5Six is already reporting their viewership is already way up from people searching the band. Then those people will discover the rest of the Hate5Six channel, those bands, and it'll be really good for hardcore as a whole. Success for Turnstile here means success for everyone else as well

Edited by Han Solo

Well here I am living this discussion out. My 4 year old and I made the Seth Meyers appearance our first video of the morning and followed it up with the H5Six record release show. Since I only occasionally dip a toe in the hardcore pool I had never given them a chance before hearing “Mystery”. I downloaded the album and didn’t like much else, finding it akin to when Minus The Bear got a new electronic toy and shoehorned awkwardly into everything. Subsequently I was riding with him in the truck and played “Mystery” and he was JAMMIN in the car seat. I was making a turn as the song ended and “Blackout” started. I went to change it to something else (he also really loves Fiddlehead) and he got upset and said, “Hey! I liked that!” So we listened to the rest and he loved almost all of it. Now since that day we listen to most of the album every day at some point. He’s in love. “We need to get this record, da-da!” he says. And so I wait for this black repress to go back up. Preorder from Flight 13 is the backup plan.

5 minutes ago, sabukweli said:

Well here I am living this discussion out. My 4 year old and I made the Seth Meyers appearance our first video of the morning and followed it up with the H5Six record release show. Since I only occasionally dip a toe in the hardcore pool I had never given them a chance before hearing “Mystery”. I downloaded the album and didn’t like much else, finding it akin to when Minus The Bear got a new electronic toy and shoehorned awkwardly into everything. Subsequently I was riding with him in the truck and played “Mystery” and he was JAMMIN in the car seat. I was making a turn as the song ended and “Blackout” started. I went to change it to something else (he also really loves Fiddlehead) and he got upset and said, “Hey! I liked that!” So we listened to the rest and he loved almost all of it. Now since that day we listen to most of the album every day at some point. He’s in love. “We need to get this record, da-da!” he says. And so I wait for this black repress to go back up. Preorder from Flight 13 is the backup plan.

You sound like a great dad; this made me smile 

19 minutes ago, sabukweli said:

I always suspected that Turnstile resonates with 4 year-olds but this was a heartwarming read, thanks for sharing.

54 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

My 1.5 year old also jams to it. She mostly just runs in circles and kicks at the same time.

Hopefully in due time she’ll also be holding an air mic and shouting “DON’T YOU SAY” with a really serious face like mine. He also thinks the quiet part in “Holiday” is “I can cel with no abration” in line with the “I wanna celebrate” refrain. 😆

This is wild, I didn't expect to hear stories similar to my experience in a vinyl forum. My 3.5 year old is obsessed with Mystery and requests it daily. We've started to let the record play out and he asks the name of every song as it comes on and he seriously rocks out to it. He sings Mystery sometimes out of nowhere with no music going. When it IS playing he sings along and then roars like a dinosaur during "ALL THE MYSTERY!"

1 hour ago, derkwithano said:

This is wild, I didn't expect to hear stories similar to my experience in a vinyl forum. My 3.5 year old is obsessed with Mystery and requests it daily. We've started to let the record play out and he asks the name of every song as it comes on and he seriously rocks out to it. He sings Mystery sometimes out of nowhere with no music going. When it IS playing he sings along and then roars like a dinosaur during "ALL THE MYSTERY!"

I want to hear a couple 3-4 year olds tell each other, “see you in the pit!”

We just finished a woods hike. It was in my head the whole time. All I have to do is go “and it’s been so long”, and he immediately follows with “all the mystery’s GONE”, also with dinosaur-like aplomb (and again, the air mic, which really ties the whole thing together).

12 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Anyone have experience with Jpc.de?

After searching for any shops online with any Glow On for sale, they were literally the only one with any in stock, but I’ve never ordered from them.

Only saw one tiny Reddit mention about them being legit. 

I’ve ordered from them before. They’re fine.