(PO SOON?) : Turnstile - Glow On

6 minutes ago, derkwithano said:

They’re from November 2021. The regular preorder was in August and then these Revolver ones showed up in November. Haven’t seen any other color variants released. The yellow is not from March. 

The yellow shipped in March. So it was pressed after the initial run. What's your point? It's still a variant pressed after the initial batch and is indicative more will happen.

5 hours ago, Coast said:

I walked into Zia last year on release day and walked out paying $23.88 total for a black copy. Nuts that shops are listing it for $50. Love this record, but if it were me, think I'd also be playing the long game on this. 

That's the part I've found chilling with some record stores lately - they've taken what I'd imagine are wholesale copies and marking them up once they see demand is high. Shuga did that with the less than jake losing streak reissue.  Sure it's their right, but I could see stores withholding popular releases early on so that they could mark them up later.   

Also has the revolver version shipped yet?  It says May 2022 now on their webpage.  And it was $45 which I think is too high (but yeah, I bought it but haven't heard anything since).   With LP prices at $35 and up as a starting price and more and more 'rare' variant runs, I think people are going to get sick of these high prices and start feeling like labels and record stores are viewing them as a sucker.  At least I'm starting to feel that way. 

I’m starting to feel like high prices are driving me away at pre-ordering things. There are too many variants coming out after I get my PO in. Trusting record stores to have something in stock is becoming a gamble- even for big obvious releases. Half of the time a record I want gets included in a label’s [insert holiday] sale, so I feel like an idiot for paying full price. 

I want to support and pre-order everything of interest like I was 3 years ago but nobody is making it easy anymore. 

Edited by porkdad

14 hours ago, mitchard said:

Damn, I didn't see any in Seattle last weekend. But we did show up when the first band went on. Probably only selling a handful per show, I imagine. 

Oh dang, that's wild.  I saw them in Portland and they had a big box of them (from what I could see).  They were selling it for $25 and I got to the show a bit early so it was pretty easy to grab one.  Before the end of the night there was a line for their stuff like 50 deep, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did sell out of whatever they had.  Who knows.  But I am stoked to finally have this on LP.

9 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

How much were these records when they were originally released?
How much are they at shows?
The copies that I see that get listed by record stores now are like 50 bucks, but I can't imagine that's how much they were last year. 

I think the "be patient" aspect is kinda about perspective in a sense. You don't have to be the sucker who pays 150-300 for a colored variant of this album, but I don't think you're finding one for 35 bucks shipped. And with all of that being said, discogs has a Revolver variant listed from March, 2022, so perhaps "be patient" does indeed still have some merit. 

DsoJoaD.png

I was fortunate enough to grab a cloud copy on release/pre-order and it was $22.

9 hours ago, Coldplay31169 said:

The yellow shipped in March. So it was pressed after the initial run. What's your point? It's still a variant pressed after the initial batch and is indicative more will happen.

I preordered a yellow bundle in November and have not received it yet. I don’t think anyone has. It wouldn’t even matter if they shipped in March, they were posted for sale in November and that is my point. The initial (regular) preorder was August and that’s what Discogs has it labeled as too even though some people didn’t get their red copies until December or later due to delays at the plant. I view the yellow as part of the initial 1st pressing “plan” honestly. Look at Time & Space. There have been no new variants after the initial 1st press. You’re saying that “more variants will keep showing up” when in fact no other variants after the initial preorder and Revolver bundle have been posted for half a year at this point, so it's a baseless statement.

Edited by derkwithano

the Revolver yellow bundle was moved from march to may. I asked them about the shipping date at the beginning of april and got an awesome response, something like "its a preorder man, it will ship when the street date will come" . Never got a response to a second email in which I wrote them "I know, the street date was march and it is april now, thats why I'm asking" but about 1-2 hours later the release date on their site changed from march to may.

47 minutes ago, qula said:

the Revolver yellow bundle was moved from march to may. I asked them about the shipping date at the beginning of april and got an awesome response, something like "its a preorder man, it will ship when the street date will come" . Never got a response to a second email in which I wrote them "I know, the street date was march and it is april now, thats why I'm asking" but about 1-2 hours later the release date on their site changed from march to may.

They were also really "awesome" to me when I emailed them about the subscription that comes with the record.

2 hours ago, derkwithano said:

Look at Time & Space. There have been no new variants after the initial 1st press. You’re saying that “more variants will keep showing up” when in fact no other variants after the initial preorder and Revolver bundle have been posted for half a year at this point, so it's a baseless statement.

There has been a new black repress for Time & Space in Europe which I got recently. It came out 3 years after the first press. It's slightly different on the back side of the jacket.

https://www.discogs.com/release/20701876-Turnstile-Time-Space

2 hours ago, derkwithano said:

I preordered a yellow bundle in November and have not received it yet. I don’t think anyone has. It wouldn’t even matter if they shipped in March, they were posted for sale in November and that is my point. The initial (regular) preorder was August and that’s what Discogs has it labeled as too even though some people didn’t get their red copies until December or later due to delays at the plant. I view the yellow as part of the initial 1st pressing “plan” honestly. Look at Time & Space. There have been no new variants after the initial 1st press. You’re saying that “more variants will keep showing up” when in fact no other variants after the initial preorder and Revolver bundle have been posted for half a year at this point, so it's a baseless statement.

I don't care what you view it as because that's not what it is 😂

6 hours ago, derkwithano said:

This is a super popular/high demand album from Roadrunner Records, there will absolutely be more pressings of it. Given how abhorrently popular record collecting is these days I wouldn't be surprised if represses are already ordered and just sitting on some pressing plant's seemingly endless queue.

5 hours ago, Coldplay31169 said:

I don't care what you view it as because that's not what it is 😂

Yea, just cherry pick your response and add a crying laughing emoji. Classic.

Original preorder was August and Revolver was November. My comment on my view was the smallest detail and just an opinion.

You could both be right that there are more colored variants in the pipeline but there were no more colored variants for Time & Space after the 1st press and Glow On hasn’t had a new variant posted for half a year now. All facts. Anything that’s popped up in stores is the unlimited pressing on black. My guess is it remains in press on black in the future and that’s all. 

Edited by derkwithano

3 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

This record will be pressed into oblivion.  If (when) the vinyl fad dies down, I'm going to pick up a dozen copies copies for $5 each. 

Good news is we’ll see soon enough if other pressings after the unlimited black show up. 

Edited by derkwithano

10 hours ago, stillalivetui said:

Managed to get a brown copy of the record last night. They only had 2 left when I got up to the merch table.

Ha!  Crazy.  I wonder if the band just brought a ton of the different versions of the first pressing they were holding and selling them randomly.  I got a pink copy at the Portland show.

Honestly, if they have been just sitting on a bunch of copies all this time they could have not gone on tour, sat back and sold these to collectors and made probably just as much dough as they're making on the road.