(PO SOON?) : Turnstile - Glow On

Last time I had taco bell, my wife said "yikes" when she went into the bathroom after me.

Also, maybe the guy from the infamous shitting in the pit incident recently had a run for the border? Could potentially answer some questions I've been having.

Edited by Mars

3 hours ago, twatay said:

Imagine rushing to defend a band over a simple ‘yikes’ comment regarding a freaking Taco Bell commercial.  I’m not ‘shitting on’ them.  I just thought it was bizarre as hell.

So it went from “yikes” which colloquially means “wow, who would do such a thing?” to “I just thought it was bizarre” after not getting the reactions you thought your comment deserves. 

That’s a yikes from me dawg. 

Edited by phillybhatesme

2 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

So it went from “yikes” which colloquially means “wow, who would do such a thing?” to “I just thought it was bizarre” after not getting the reactions you thought your comment deserves. 

That’s a yikes from me dawg. 

People have to eat.  Bands can do what they want with their music.  I don't know this song at all really.  If it happened to have special meaning to me, it would be a shame that this significance was now psychologically associated with shitty fast food.  If we talk of music being this life changing medium (which many of us do), then its perfectly normal for a person who feels this way to be bummed out about the choices a band makes with their rightfully owned music.   There are at least two perfectly reasonable takes on this issue depending on your perspective of things. 

These dudes still let people stage dive at their shows and regularly interact with their fanbase. Don’t care at all if they’re cashing Taco Bell checks. It’s not the 90’s and people don’t care about “selling out” anymore. They deserve to blow up 

Edited by trainsaw

17 minutes ago, Dub said:

People have to eat.  Bands can do what they want with their music.  I don't know this song at all really.  If it happened to have special meaning to me, it would be a shame that this significance was now psychologically associated with shitty fast food.  If we talk of music being this life changing medium (which many of us do), then its perfectly normal for a person who feels this way to be bummed out about the choices a band makes with their rightfully owned music.   There are at least two perfectly reasonable takes on this issue depending on your perspective of things. 

geez dub, stop being completely reasonable

only shittakes allowed on VC

6 hours ago, twatay said:

Imagine rushing to defend a band over a simple ‘yikes’ comment regarding a freaking Taco Bell commercial.  I’m not ‘shitting on’ them.  I just thought it was bizarre as hell.

I don't like this band at all haha. Your take was just incredibly lame and so is this walk back. 

6 minutes ago, spintoshi said:

geez dub, stop being completely reasonable

only shittakes allowed on VC

No kidding.  I don't know why I waded into this muck with folks who seem to confuse "the scene" (the place where people congregate to collectively share their love of someone's art - and apparently their coolness) with the music created by the artist that hits in the places that make us want to join or create a scene in the first place.  But hey, lets go stagedive,  hi five the band at the merch table while we nosh on a 7 layer burrito.  Is that better?

28 minutes ago, Dub said:

I wouldn't call it reasonable to expect something I like (but didn't make) to be controlled in the way I like it to be because it's special to me. That's selfish any way you spin it by definition.

1 minute ago, Shelby said:

I wouldn't call it reasonable to expect something I like (but didn't make) to be controlled in the way I like it to be because it's special to me. That's selfish any way you spin it by definition.

did you miss the part where i said band can do what they want with their music?

2 minutes ago, Dub said:

No kidding.  I don't know why I waded into this muck with folks who seem to confuse "the scene" (the place where people congregate to collectively share their love of someone's art - and apparently their coolness) with the music created by the artist that hits in the places that make us want to join or create a scene in the first place.  But hey, lets go stagedive,  hi five the band at the merch table while we nosh on a 7 layer burrito.  Is that better?

What the fuck does this even mean? 😂

23 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Yeah but you said it's one of two reasonable takes. It is the one reasonable take.

It's perhaps reasonable to have an adverse reaction to a song you like being used in a commercial, especially for a product you don't like.

What isn't reasonable is to think anyone else gives a fuck that you had that reaction, or expecting that a band using something they wrote to make money somehow signals a deficiency in character.

Edited by Mars