(PO SOON?) : Turnstile - Glow On

6 minutes ago, Mars said:

It's perhaps reasonable to have an adverse reaction to a song you like being used in a commercial, especially for a product you don't like.

What isn't reasonable is to think anyone else gives a fuck that you had that reaction, or expecting that a band using something they wrote to make money somehow signals a deficiency in character.

I think this is the fairest take on the matter. 

39 minutes ago, Mars said:

It's perhaps reasonable to have an adverse reaction to a song you like being used in a commercial, especially for a product you don't like.

What isn't reasonable is to think anyone else gives a fuck that you had that reaction, or expecting that a band using something they wrote to make money somehow signals a deficiency in character.

I don't see how this contradicts anything that that's been said (assuming this is in response to my post).  I don't recall asking anyone to give a fuck about any "reaction" that I, or anyone else, might have had to someone else's artistic choices.  People are still entitled to have these opinions, particularly if its something that resonates with us so emotionally like music can. 

Again, did you read the part where I said a band can do whatever they want with their music?

31 minutes ago, Dub said:

I don't see how this contradicts anything that that's been said (assuming this is in response to my post).  I don't recall asking anyone to give a fuck about any "reaction" that I, or anyone else, might have had to someone else's artistic choices.  People are still entitled to have these opinions, particularly if its something that resonates with us so emotionally like music can. 

Again, did you read the part where I said a band can do whatever they want with their music?

I quoted @Shelby, responding to his "one reasonable take" comment, which seemed evident from my quote. I don't think what I said contradicted anything that you said specifically. If anything, I think I was clarifying what I thought was the intent of one of the initial 'takes' you offered (or at least a valid take-away from it): 

2 hours ago, Dub said:

...If it happened to have special meaning to me, it would be a shame that this significance was now psychologically associated with shitty fast food.  If we talk of music being this life changing medium (which many of us do), then its perfectly normal for a person who feels this way to be bummed out about the choices a band makes ...

5 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

So it went from “yikes” which colloquially means “wow, who would do such a thing?” to “I just thought it was bizarre” after not getting the reactions you thought your comment deserves. 

That’s a yikes from me dawg. 

Wut.  First off, having to explain the ‘colloquial meaning’ of yikes is some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever read.  I don’t think my comment ‘deserves’ any specific reaction either, but clearly I struck a nerve here.  Too easy. Thanks for taking the bait.  Guess I’ll wait for more hot takes and over reactions to roll in. 😆

YIKES!

Imagine having to crutch on “dude big post numbers 😂” as a retort, while also being too dense to realize those 16K posts have been made over 14 years.  The forums were actually quite a bit more active back when you were conceived.

And across that last decade and a half, and through that very intimidating number of posts… I can’t recall a single time I was licking my lips over getting a reaction from an unpopular opinion.

You can stop embarrassing yourself whenever you wanna’.

22 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Hey man, you’re the one scared by a big figure like 16,000. 🤷‍♂️ Peep Juan’s post-count when you get a chance.

Maybe just stick to backpedaling for now.  You could use the practice.

Scared? Are you mentally retarded? I’m laughing at the absurdity of your ridiculous post count while also claiming this forum is dead. And Juan? Who the hell is that? Look, just keep averaging over a thousand posts a year on here bud.  Have fun with that. 😂 

8 minutes ago, twatay said:

Look, just keep averaging over a thousand posts a year on here bud.

Imagine thinking < 3 posts a day is anything to write home about. 🤭 That number crawls up quick when you’re flinging shit-posts back and forth in threads like this one.  You wouldn’t have to tremble in fear at the shadow my post count casts if you were less of a public clown on the boards.  Crazy cycle to think about. 🤯

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Twat. 😙

4 minutes ago, CVHX said:

this band really DID make it. their thread has turned into a blink/brand new thread.

It’s kind of nuts that the thread was relatively dormant and civil for so long, too.  Just goes to show that the margin between any ol’ topic and a Blonk-level tire fire is about as wide as 1 shit-bird seeing a Taco Bell commercial.