PO: Drowning Pool - Sinner - September 17th

Back in the early 2000s when I was in high school and living at home, I remember my preteen brother getting grounded for doing something dumb.  He stormed off to his room, slammed the door, locked it, and started blaring Bodies on his speaker setup.  It was his first time using music as a vehicle for aggression or rebellion – my parents just laughed.  Mom jokingly asked me if I knew the song he was playing.  Out of embarrassment I said that I didn't.

Man.  This thread is really taking me back.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Back in the early 2000s when I was in high school and living at home, I remember my preteen brother getting grounded for doing something dumb.  He stormed off to his room, slammed the door, locked it, and started blaring Bodies on his speaker setup.  It was his first time using music as a vehicle for aggression or rebellion – my parents just laughed.  Mom jokingly asked me if I knew the song he was playing.  Out of embarrassment I said that I didn't.

Man.  This thread is really taking me back.

Okay cool guy 

4 minutes ago, MichaelMush said:

Okay cool guy 

tenor.gif

Recognizing that nu metal is legitimately a [jokes aside, real world] soundtrack for preteen angst is hardly a staple of being cool.  Just FYI.

2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

From what I have been seeing lately, I guess it's trendy now to clown on Nu-Metal. Whatever. 

always-has-been.png

6 minutes ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Calling someone pretentious because they're making fun of Nu Metal is like calling someone who uses toilet paper a neat freak.

My genre can beat up your genre.

Joe Biden Deal With It GIF by Obama

Seriously, are we still genre shaming in 2021 after the lessons society is learning about bigotry? 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Some Nu Metal is fun. I'm gonna go see Korn and Staind in August. Yeah it's mostly because I haven't been to a show in 2 years but it should be fun to go get drunk and cosplay being 14 again.

I feel that… I’ve been checking for shows while I travel around for work and I was dangerously close to going to see Hansen outside of RVA a few weekends ago… just wanna see SOMETHING live.

also, I saw Korn with Slipknot a handful of years ago bc it was reasonably priced and in my city… so why not?

If we're gonna make fun of teenage me, at least get it right, Mr Bigot.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

also, I saw Korn with Slipknot a handful of years ago bc it was reasonably priced and in my city… so why not?

I saw Korn & Rob Zombie at one of the few metal shows I went to with a few band-mates at the time. Great show! 🤘

What are you trying to suggest... that you weren't devoted to nu metal as a teen?  But you are now?  That seems worse.  Is it worse?  I think it may be.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

What was that like?  I have some friends who swear that Slipknot put on one of the best shows they've ever seen, bar none.