Jump to content

PO: Drowning Pool - Sinner - September 17th


Recommended Posts

I'm suggesting that being "devoted" to any specific genre is ridiculous in 2021. Go back to high school with that narrow-minded "my genre can beat up your genre" line of thinking. People can listen to whatever the heck they want. Sorry if you can't see it that way.

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

Edited by SpaceAmbient
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

What was that like?  I have some friends who swear that Slipknot put on one of the best shows they've ever seen, bar none.

It wasn’t as crazy as footage I used to watch back when I was a youth, but they were still good. I don’t get that invested in big arena shows but they had a decent production set up. Would much rather see someone I’m actually  interested in play to 59 people in some shithole with no stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SpaceAmbient said:

I'm suggesting that being "devoted" to any specific genre is ridiculous in 2021. Go back to high school with that narrow-minded "my genre can beat up your genre" line of thinking. People can listen to whatever the heck they want. Sorry if you can't see it that way.

I mean, I literally admitted to owning a little sliver of nu metal in my own collection.  I listen to a spectrum of genres and never claimed that "my genre can beat up your genre" or whatever dumb shit you're on about.  People can and should listen to whatever they want... where was that disputed?  I shared a real-world memory affiliated with the artist and album in question, and got accused of trying to be edgy or cool.  So I spoke to that accusation and now it's spiraled to this point.  Not once did I tout "lmao imagine buying this record in 2021 haha garbage tastes ITT sheeeesh".   I still think the genre as a whole is the bread and butter for hormonal preteens and dudes who sip on Rockstars in their modded Honda Civics, but that stance shouldn't inhibit you from pre-ordering this album if you so choose.  You're as welcome to enjoy this LP as much as I am to voice my thoughts on it.  No cute gif or Youtube clip to deflect here – I really don't know how I could be more clear.  If that's pretentious, I dunno what to tell you.

 

17 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

It wasn’t as crazy as footage I used to watch back when I was a youth, but they were still good. I don’t get that invested in big arena shows but they had a decent production set up. Would much rather see someone I’m actually  interested in play to 59 people in some shithole with no stage.

Yeah, I think my friends caught them at a stadium with some pretty high-end effects and setup.  I'm not one for arena shows either, and would much prefer to have a small / intimate show with a great view than a flashy one I need binoculars for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Come on… that story Derek told was funny whether you like that song or not!

For what it's worth, Bodies was accompanied by SOAD's Chop Suey! and Disturbed's Down With the Sickness during his temper tantrum.  He must've got his hands on a burned CD at school, I'd guess.  I like to imagine that he traded a Lunchables for it or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

For what it's worth, Bodies was accompanied by SOAD's Chop Suey! and Disturbed's Down With the Sickness during his temper tantrum.  He must've got his hands on a burned CD at school, I'd guess.  I like to imagine that he traded a Lunchables for it or something.

Sounds like he had a nu metal street teamer at school. I remember handing out samplers/singles for all these goofy bands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Come on… that story Derek told was funny whether you like that song or not!

Putting my sarcastic ego aside, yes the story was funny. 😆

The story wasn't what I got a salty taco about, it was the "this genre is a joke" comment. lol

That wasn't my scene either, I'm just tired of the hateful attitudes some people have towards various genres.

 

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

For what it's worth, Bodies was accompanied by SOAD's Chop Suey! and Disturbed's Down With the Sickness during his temper tantrum.  He must've got his hands on a burned CD at school, I'd guess.  I like to imagine that he traded a Lunchables for it or something.

My generation's version of this was "Bad Habit" by The Offspring and we taped it off the radio. Doesn't have the same effect when the good parts are censored. 😠😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website