PO: Wye Oak - Civilian + Cut All The Wires (2009-2011)

Deluxe 10th anniversary reissue of Wye Oak's "Civilian" on the first LP with a newly unearthed collection of B-Sides, Demos, and Live Versions dubbed "Cut All The Wires" on the second LP.

spacer.png

Gatefold sleeve with dual front cover and obi spine strip. Full-color printed dust sleeves with lyrics. Green Swirl vinyl. Out October 22, 2021.

$29.98 at Merge Records w/ bonus exclusive poster & button.

Jenn Wasner also released a rather eloquent and fascinating statement about the release on their website.

New (Old) Song: Electricity

I for one was hoping for a 2x45 anniversary reissue but this is also excellent and unexpected.

54 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Killer variant if it ends up resembling that mockup even halfway.  Merge's OG press of this album was pretty garbage from what I recall – hope they redeem themselves this time around.

Agreed, it's one of the more beautiful mockups I've seen. I have an original black pressing, though, and mine sounds mostly great, aside from some minor IGD and some inherent fuzziness in the production.

10 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

Agreed, it's one of the more beautiful mockups I've seen. I have an original black pressing, though, and mine sounds mostly great, aside from some minor IGD and some inherent fuzziness in the production.

Sounds like you may've gotten lucky with yours.  I'd definitely love to see just the album spread across 2 LPs – seems like that'd eliminate any quality issues, more or less – but it is what it is.  Gonna' be tough to complain if the variant ends up looking that good, though.  There's been a few Newbury variants that look pretty nice but just aren't totally there.  This one is [potentially] it, though.

2 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Been waiting to pull the trigger on the latest Newbury pressing since it went up 6 weeks, or so, ago. 

Definitely worth the extra $6.

Make sure you buy from Merge to get free shipping.  After Newbury taxes and shipping I think it's actually a smidge cheaper to get this 2LP reissue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my copy and wow. One of the best looking records I own. I agree that it could be a touch more green, but I'm pleased that it's still translucent and it just turned so great. Packaging is really well done all around, too. Spun the second disc as soon as I opened it, there's some really incredible tracks on here (I'm quite partial to the demo of Civilian). Sound quality seemed good, though I did run into some IGD on the last couple of tracks on each side. Haven't listened to the first disc yet, but I doubt I'll be getting rid of my original black pressing.