I Set My Friends on Fire "You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laughter"

On 7/16/2021 at 11:47 PM, IndigoHollow said:

Don't you understand that it's not about the music you prefer, but about your methods of bumping your own threads by unnecessary comments? Sometimes it's just ridiculous. Personally I'm not judging people for their music tastes.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:26 AM, The Fuck Whisperer said:

So you came into a thread just to derail it because you deemed the music cringe. Seems hypocritical.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:38 AM, Derek™ said:

This guys gets it.  If there was a brand new user just posting new threads for shitcore left and right, I wouldn’t think twice about it.  It’s because the Wasda bot is so determined to just copy-paste an artist’s Facebook updates – my favorite is when there’s zero cleanup, like he’s speaking as a band member – at a frequency that’s just egregious.  And it’s all for 100% garbage music… which is subjective, sure, but it’s pretty amusing to literally push his buttons and flip the switches to get a reaction.  The bot needs to know its place.

I mentioned clowns and you guys responded. I didn't even have to mention your names. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Edited by Wasda Deelwifkramer

24 minutes ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

I mentioned clowns and you guys responded. I didn't even have to mention your names. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend!

It’s obvious who you are attempting to needle here, it’s not because anyone who is annoyed by you is an an actual clown.

It’s the same as you knowing exactly who anyone is referring to when the board’s Facebook post forwarding robot is mentioned.

16 minutes ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

wasda.jpg

It's because no one else bothers to shit on you here at VC.  But Dan already said it: I quite literally considered posting something akin to "I'm amazed this PO didn't make it through the algorithm for our local trash bot" – anyone who's been present on VC for more than a few months would know exactly that I was referring to you, specifically, which is pretty embarrassing.

The bigger difference here is that I saw no reason to stir shit up or derail the thread, whereas you felt the need to do just that, 5 hours after it was posted and sold out.  Doubly embarrassing, you're now 2 for 2.  The way I interpret this thread, this release does not appeal to you despite your fixation on junk bands from the same scene and era.  Since you had no horse in this race, you were surprised [disappointed?] to see the thread get a free pass with no drama or ridicule.  Feeling a disparity from the cringe POs you regurgitate onto the boards, you deliberately tried to stir some shit in this thread.  Maybe in an effort to "level the playing field" or feel like you're less of an embarrassment to this community.  But historically speaking, I don't think I've ever seen anyone do anything quite like that.  Like, ever – and I've been here for a bit.  Kinda' puts you in a new league of pathetic that's all your own.  Congrats on sinking even lower, somehow... I didn't know it was possible.

Anyways, what's the end goal here?  You hoping to get this thread locked from drama or something?  It's all weird.  You're weird.  And a double-threat of embarrassment.  Stop being a shit-stain on the bottom of this board's heel and do something productive for once.  Please roll down a flight of stairs before the weekend is over.  Fucking clown-bot.

Holy shit.

I'm confused as to why this guy gets so much hate around here. Is it because he posts POs to music certain other people don't like? That sounds creepily childish. As in, I sincerely believe I'm missing some information because only a literal child would be upset by that. People posting POs on these forums I'm sure is the reason why a lot of people are here.

Can someone explain?

Edited by HardlineKid

12 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

Holy shit.

I'm confused as to why this guy gets so much hate around here. Is it because he posts POs to music certain other people don't like? That sounds creepily childish. As in, I sincerely believe I'm missing some information because only a literal child would be upset by that. People posting POs on these forums I'm sure is the reason why a lot of people are here.

Can someone explain?

Yeah, it boils down to this guy basically just copy-pasting any Tweet or Facebook post whenever a variant is close to selling out, gets restocked, goes up for order, receives a shipment delay, finally ships, goes on sale, etc.  I think more of his posts lean towards promos and sales specifically, and reek of marketing.  When he first joined the forums I was pretty convinced the account was made exclusively for guerilla marketing but as time went on, I've realized that's not the case.  Dude is just obsessed with copy-pasting whatever social media updates a band or label may provide in an effort to get a pat on the head or something, I really don't know.  Imagine seeing an Emmure thread bumped with a post that just reads: Hey!  New music video for the first single of our coming record debuts on Friday.  Mark your calendars!  And that's basically the Wasda experience.  Is there a pre-order?  No.  Is there anything related to vinyl going on?  Not really.  Is it an advert for the band that may or may not result in a vinyl pre-order?  Now we're talking.

The shit tastes are just icing on the cake.  It would still be annoying if he was just recycling twitter updates for relevant bands and labels.  But it's all junk that can be bucketed into guilty pleasure at best, and that's where the additional ridicule tends to stem from.  Rest assured he'd still get ragged on even if his tastes hadn't completely regressed as an adult.

Hope that clarified things a bit and brought you up to speed on the Wasda lore.

11 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

Holy shit.

Can someone explain?

It's explained by multiple people multiple times what he does in this very thread. Read. Probably why he doesn't bother you tbh.

Tldr....

Mostly posts Facebook tracking links to bands nobody cares about,  which is different than Bands people don't like.  And other than that, contributes almost nothing other than the occasional unprompted and unsolicited 'burn' in threads that he/it otherwise contributes nothing too... Example being this one. 

Personally IDGAF and it doesn't bug me other than the tracking links... But it's also worth noting that this same 'user' has existed under other now banned account names, and just keeps coming back. (See the saga of 'tug')

Edited by V3XED

Derek and Shelby bother me more than anyone on this site, Much more than harmless Kramer. I'd rather someone post about a PO no one cares about on a forum that is used for this exact purpose than 30 year old bros thinking they get to be the VC Police. 

28 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

Derek and Shelby bother me more than anyone on this site, Much more than harmless Kramer. I'd rather someone post about a PO no one cares about on a forum that is used for this exact purpose than 30 year old bros thinking they get to be the VC Police. 

VC police reporting in!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611391157dc915c8e0d63

I instinctively want to cite you for having shit tastes and being a little bitch in this thread, but I think I'm gonna' let you off with a warning this time.  Don't let me catch you pulling this stunt again though.

1 hour ago, CatsNJazz said:

Imagine going into a thread where Kramer shits on the release and then derails the entire thread for no reason and then having this take. Classic cuck holding a grudge over something stupid I imagine. Feel free to leave.

14 hours ago, HardlineKid said:

Holy shit.

Can someone explain?

When I started posting on these boards, I would post links from SRC because I get email newsletters from them. This upset some people who went on to call me a bot. Pretty petty stuff.

21 hours ago, Derek™ said:

It's because no one else bothers to shit on you here at VC.  But Dan already said it: I quite literally considered posting something akin to "I'm amazed this PO didn't make it through the algorithm for our local trash bot" – anyone who's been present on VC for more than a few months would know exactly that I was referring to you, specifically, which is pretty embarrassing.

60f49c00903188-83395659.jpg&static=true
Neuropathy and Nerve Damage? Do This Immediately (Watch)
Trending Stories
track.tracktilldeath.club

The bigger difference here is that I saw no reason to stir shit up or derail the thread, whereas you felt the need to do just that, 5 hours after it was posted and sold out.  Doubly embarrassing, you're now 2 for 2.  The way I interpret this thread, this release does not appeal to you despite your fixation on junk bands from the same scene and era.  Since you had no horse in this race, you were surprised [disappointed?] to see the thread get a free pass with no drama or ridicule.  Feeling a disparity from the cringe POs you regurgitate onto the boards, you deliberately tried to stir some shit in this thread.  Maybe in an effort to "level the playing field" or feel like you're less of an embarrassment to this community.  But historically speaking, I don't think I've ever seen anyone do anything quite like that.  Like, ever – and I've been here for a bit.  Kinda' puts you in a new league of pathetic that's all your own.  Congrats on sinking even lower, somehow... I didn't know it was possible.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement

Anyways, what's the end goal here?  You hoping to get this thread locked from drama or something?  It's all weird.  You're weird.  And a double-threat of embarrassment.  Stop being a shit-stain on the bottom of this board's heel and do something productive for once.  Please roll down a flight of stairs before the weekend is over.  Fucking clown-bot.

Imagine hating someone so much that you post a comment about them that is so long it has ads.

8 minutes ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

Imagine hating someone so much that you post a comment about them that is so long it has ads.

Imagine existing solely to advertise and still not realizing line breaks are what create ads on VC.

Also your retelling of why you’re bullied on the boards is pretty bare.  I feel like it omits a lot of the reputation you’ve defined for yourself.  If you really think you’re a victim on account of “just sharing SRC links,” your RAM needs a massive upgrade.

You’re trying to deflect the question I asked earlier.  What’s your endgame here?  Are you mad that SRC didn’t get the rights to release this, and trying to get the thread locked as a result? 

4 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Oh the joys of clicking every time I see a star and trying to figure out if anything related to music was announced.

There’s a lot of pressure on our boy N8 to update the thread title when a repress drops.  But even if this wasn’t currently a shit-show effort from Wasda to get the thread locked, and just everyone reminiscing about MySpace and how killer this record was back in 2008… you’d still kinda’ be in the same boat, no?

The only thing I can mention music related is a fun fact. Did you know the artwork for this album was inspired by Combatwoundedveteran's "This Is Not An Erect, All-Red Neon Body" ? Pretty cool, right? That and it blows my mind Astral Rejection got 1,000 picture discs back in the day (which never sold out) while this one took until 2021 to happen and sold out in an hour. The OG mix of that album is good, but the version pressed to vinyl is horrible. This album is also horrible but I still enjoy it. There was also an unreleased 3rd LP that leaked years ago and I don't know if I have it downloaded anymore. RIP KingdomLeaks. Anyway see y'all in 2023 when this gets repressed.

36 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

The only thing I can mention music related is a fun fact. Did you know the artwork for this album was inspired by Combatwoundedveteran's "This Is Not An Erect, All-Red Neon Body" ? Pretty cool, right? That and it blows my mind Astral Rejection got 1,000 picture discs back in the day (which never sold out) while this one took until 2021 to happen and sold out in an hour. The OG mix of that album is good, but the version pressed to vinyl is horrible. This album is also horrible but I still enjoy it. There was also an unreleased 3rd LP that leaked years ago and I don't know if I have it downloaded anymore. RIP KingdomLeaks. Anyway see y'all in 2023 when this gets repressed.

I guess I'll add another fun tidbit: the guys who started this band are from my hometown, and they went to a really snobby private school. This record is exactly what I would expect someone from that school to put out in 2008. I actually really like this record to this day. It's hilarious.

I forget if the snobby private school was the one the really smart kids go to or the one the really dumb kids go to. But it's one of those two.

Edited by HardlineKid

33 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Lol just went and read their wikipedia and it's just full of weird. It says Martin Shrikeli expressed interest in joining the band via twitter DM? And they announced a fourth album, despite never releasing their third?

21 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Alright, that's it.  There's no coming back from that.  My avatar is even on the shirt!  Unreal.  This is... devastating.  Maybe just a step below having a spouse fly across the country to fuck an ex.  Maybe.

It made me laugh as much as your decade old irrelevant comment on my past life.  I don't have time to argue with you on the internet like your loins ache for, but hope you have a good day, VC Officer D.  Oh wait, you're still not a mod.  Carry on.

Edited by ZeroNowhere

Just now, ZeroNowhere said:

It made me laugh as much as your decade old irrelevant comment on my past life.  I don't have time to argue with you on the internet like your loins ache for, but hope you have a good day, officer VC Officer D.  Oh wait, you're still not a mod.  Carry on.

So you just admitted that neither are funny?  Or both are hilarious to you?  Either way; weird.

The whole "I don't have time to argue on the internet but I'm gonna' whip up a spicy South Park meme just for you" is pretty amusing though.  I've always been a sucker for irony.

Also, I imagine that moderating VC is a pretty time-consuming job.  I don't think I can squeeze it into my schedule of being a VCop, sorry.

Anyway, you're free to go... back to lurking and seething in the threads I post in.

pqF7zJ6.gif?noredirect

17 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So you just admitted that neither are funny?  Or both are hilarious to you?  Either way; weird.

The whole "I don't have time to argue on the internet but I'm gonna' whip up a spicy South Park meme just for you" is pretty amusing though.  I've always been a sucker for irony.

Also, I imagine that moderating VC is a pretty time-consuming job.  I don't think I can squeeze it into my schedule of being a VCop, sorry.

Anyway, you're free to go... back to lurking and seething in the threads I post in.

pqF7zJ6.gif?noredirect

No seething here, your tantrums and rants are comedy gold.   I'm glad I caught your attention for a few minutes in between jerking off to Deafheaven.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Edited by ZeroNowhere

• N8TRU changed the title to I Set My Friends on Fire "You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laughter"