PO Soon - Underoath - Voyeurist

Seems like that artwork and tracklisting details have surfaced for the new Underoath record after the new single dropped on Thursday.

https://genius.com/albums/Underoath/Voyeurist

Single was rad and I hope the album as a whole feels more in line with LOTSOS and Disambiguation as opposed to Erase Me.
No doubt Fearless will go hard on the variants again like they did last time.

Voyeurist:

1. Damn Excuses

2. Hallelujah

3. I'm Pretty Sure I'm Out Of Luck And Have No Friends

4. Cycle (Featuring Ghostmane)

5. Thorn

6. No Oasis

7. Take A Breath

8. We're All Gonna Die

9. Numb

10. Pneumonia

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

In regards to Track 3: I’m in this song title and I don’t like it. 

Also, I’m going to fuck with this album just like I did with Erase Me. But I want to love it like I love Define and Lost. Fingers crossed on that one. 

I enjoyed Erase Me, but parts of it certainly felt phoned in. Keen to hear what this new one brings.

15 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

I enjoyed Erase Me, but parts of it certainly felt phoned in. Keen to hear what this new one brings.

Yeah I think the biggest flaw was that they didn’t even invite all 6 members to the sessions. They called this a positive in all the docs because they weren’t fighting but I think this really just meant they were writing basic parts to fit in between the parts they actually cared about writing.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yeah I think the biggest flaw was that they didn’t even invite all 6 members to the sessions. They called this a positive in all the docs because they weren’t fighting but I think this really just meant they were writing basic parts to fit in between the parts they actually cared about writing.

Yep, totally agree. And don't forget that multiple tracks were originally written for Spencer's other 'rock' band sleepwave, and then just kinda reworked for the album. 

4 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Big agree. From the looks of it,  all 6 members were involved in the sessions for the new one.

12 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yes! I remember watching that doc thinking to myself: "Wait, they're really trying to spin Grant & James not being there as a positive?" Never bought it. Even if Grant & James were theoretically to write the same parts Tim did, they're tracking of the parts would be slightly nuanced based on their playing styles. So I'm really hoping the fact that all are involved now, will lead to a more UO sound.

10 hours ago, V3XED said:

And don't forget that multiple tracks were originally written for Spencer's other 'rock' band sleepwave, and then just kinda reworked for the album. 

Never heard/knew this! But makes sense. I always put alot of blame on Matt Squire. The dude wanted to cut all the riffs/breakdowns (or in his words "that shit"). But I will say i really enjoyed 4-5 songs off Erase Me ("No Frame" might possibly be in my Top 5 UO songs ever). But I feel like the new tune has some really good production and hoping it continues throughout the entire album. 

Edited by ethanpricington

9 minutes ago, dreamover said:

Not a great sign. 

I thought the same thing.  A truly wild timeline for this band.  Not that I ever listened to Underoath for their posi Jesus foundation, but back in 2005 if you told me that in 15 years the band would be atheist and collaborating with hip-hop artists... I really wouldn't have bought it.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, RadDonut said:

Ohhh that song snippet is very nice!

Agreed!

I get it, many people have moved on from these guys and rightfully so, but this next album really seems like a true possible return-to-form. I fee like most everyone here though is super scared to like this new stuff for whatever reason. After that snippet though, count me ALL THE WAY IN. Hype!

Need an announcement now!

Edited by ethanpricington

Pre-orders are up.

https://voyeurist.co/

500 - Eggdrop

1500 - Green Smoke

3000 - Flume

??? - Cerebelum

3000 - Coke Bottle Clear (Deluxe)

75 - Test Press

350 - Gold Static (Revolver exclusive) 

https://shop.revolvermag.com/products/underoath-voyeurist-limited-edition-clear-with-yellow-smoke-lp-only-350-made?_pos=2&_sid=a86fd59eb&_ss=r

Powder Blue (24Hundred exclusive)

https://24hundred.net/products/voyeurist-12-vinyl-powder-blue?_pos=2&_sid=9c4eb4d0f&_ss=r

Blush (Walmart exclusive) 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Underoath-Voyeurist-Walmart-Exclusive-Vinyl-Exclusive/872792620

Red Smoke w/ slipmat (Target exclusive) 

https://www.target.com/p/underoath-voyeurist-target-exclusive-vinyl/-/A-84015735

Golden Age (indie retail exclusive)

Edited by Wasda Deelwifkramer