PO Soon - Underoath - Voyeurist

Question for anyone who pre-ordered the Target exclusive: did you get an email for Target asking you to confirm your pre-order by (set date that I don't remember)? There's a link in the email, but when you click it it doesn't ask you to confirm anything. I've messed around on the site for about 15 minutes trying to find where to confirm the pre-order, but there's not an option anywhere. Has anyone figured this out?

1 hour ago, MyckelJay said:

Question for anyone who pre-ordered the Target exclusive: did you get an email for Target asking you to confirm your pre-order by (set date that I don't remember)? There's a link in the email, but when you click it it doesn't ask you to confirm anything. I've messed around on the site for about 15 minutes trying to find where to confirm the pre-order, but there's not an option anywhere. Has anyone figured this out?

I reached out to Target’s customer service directly about this. They said that once you click on the link you should be good to go. I don’t fully believe them though. 

9 minutes ago, drawcody said:

I reached out to Target’s customer service directly about this. They said that once you click on the link you should be good to go. I don’t fully believe them though. 

Hopefully that's the case. This is the first thing I've ever pre-ordered from Target. Never had to do this for a pre-order elsewhere and thought it was odd. Thanks for the info.

Slightly unrelated but Spencer was just featured on a new Brand Of Sacrifice single titled “Enemy”. They still have a few copies of the 7” available. The song is awesome, and it’s pretty cool to see Spencer featured in such a heavy song!

Link to YouTube short film

Cole Bottle Clear

https://brandofsacrifice.indiemerch.com/item/100480

Translucent Blue

https://brandofsacrifice.indiemerch.com/item/100481

• 1 month later...

Just stumbled across this. It was previously listed as 24Hundred exclusive. Must be EU/UK as well.

https://intl.fearlessrecords.com/collections/vinyl/products/underoath-voyeurist-powder-blue-lp

It's also up at Banquet.

https://www.banquetrecords.com/underoath/voyeurist/FEAR1841

Edited by Wasda Deelwifkramer

Take out the first 3 min and leave the last 4 and it’s a great track. It’s not terrible and could work well as the album closer. I’ll wait for the rest to judge it more.

side note. Has anyone else noticed Aaron’s voice change from a few years back that he’s kept? It started with his solo stuff and I can’t stand it. He just sings different on his parts compared to previous UO records. I can’t quite put my finger on it but it bothers the hell out of me. His last solo album was murdered by it.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, RadDonut said:

Take out the first 3 min and leave the last 4 and it’s a great track. It’s not terrible and could work well as the album closer. I’ll wait for the rest to judge it more.

side note. Has anyone else noticed Aaron’s voice change from a few years back that he’s kept? It started with his solo stuff and I can’t stand it. He just sings different on his parts compared to previous UO records. I can’t quite put my finger on it but it bothers the hell out of me. His last solo album was murdered by it.

it's not uncommon for singing voices to change over the years, especially (so it seems to me) in the case of guys who primarily are known for singing in higher registers. noticed it with Chris from Mineral and Aaron from Copeland, just off the top of my head. and it's not necessarily the range that changes even, but moreso the timbre of the voice. dunno if that's what you're noticing, but i do notice something like on this record...

So now that were already off topic.

Aaron's voice, Yes, its different now.  Not worse IMO but noticeably different.
I am pretty sure he smokes so that could be a factor overtime, as well as just normal body/throat change stuff. More than anything it seems to be like the way he 'accents' words, its a little less pronounced?

Also for the UO nerds, check this one out. (music starts at min 1:40)
You can literally compare some of Aarons singing from 2021 and 2002 hah

Edited by V3XED

7 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Also for the UO nerds, check this one out. (music starts at 2min)
You can literally compare some of Aarons singing from 2021 and 2002 hah

What an awesome moment. Also, the fact that album is that old now just blows my mind. God I'm old. 

PS: I so regret not making an effort to go to Furnace Fest, from everything I saw online about it, it was absolutely epic. Hoping for another great lineup next year and that I'll be able to go then

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't order this from Target, but I did order another record that was on preorder. Apparently preorders on their website will not be charged, but a hold is placed on the card, and that hold expires every 30 days or something like that, so every month I would see a new automated charge via email from CC for target.com and then would never actually see a charge. That record delayed two months. Took a while to realize that's what was going on.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else watch Digital Ghost tonight? 

I thought it would be a bit longer since they kept saying there were cinematic elements to it, which, aside from the pre-show countdown and a couple of short intermissions, it was pretty much the same as Observatory. 

But it was still really cool and I honestly really enjoyed the new album a lot. I forget the name of it but one of the tracks of the back half of the album was a pretty large middle finger to the Christian community and was straight banger.