PO Soon - Underoath - Voyeurist

After my first few listens I thought to myself, "Have I grown out of this kind of music?" but then I remembered ETID put out an AOTY contender last year and realize, no, this is just an aggressively bland, milquetoast album with absolutely no memorable or standout moments. It is disappointing, and I was actually looking forward to having some throwback fun with this one.

Edited by backpackoat

11 hours ago, backpackoat said:

After my first few listens I thought to myself, "Have I grown out of this kind of music?" but then I remembered ETID put out an AOTY contender last year and realize, no, this is just an aggressively bland, milquetoast album with absolutely no memorable or standout moments. It is disappointing, and I was actually looking forward to having some throwback fun with this one.

I've only listened through once but this is my take too. It's like they forgot how to make anything remotely catchy, there's basically no hooks in any of the songs, nothing memorable.

• 4 weeks later...

The "Post your Collection (Band/Label Only" thread is closed... so I will post this here I guess:

Posted this in the Underoath thread but figured I'd post it here as well.
All 11 variants of Voyeurist

spacer.png
  • Red Smoke (w/ slipmat) - Target
  • Cerebellum (/???) - UØ online store
  • Flume (/1500)  - UØ online store
  • Blush (/???) - Walmart
  • Green (/1500) - UØ online store
  • Powder Blue (/???) - 24 Hundred Aussie
  • Eggdrop (/500) - UØ online store
  • Golden Age (/???) - Indie exclusive
  • Gold Static (/350) - Revolver exclusive
  • Cerebellum test press (/75) - UØ online store
  • Coke Bottle Clear Deluxe (/3000) - UØ online store
Edited by [Banned User]

1 hour ago, [Banned User] said:

The "Post your Collection (Band/Label Only" thread is closed... so I will post this here I guess:

Posted this in the Underoath thread but figured I'd post it here as well.
All 11 variants of Voyeurist

spacer.png
  • Red Smoke (w/ slipmat) - Target
  • Cerebellum (/???) - UØ online store
  • Flume (/1500)  - UØ online store
  • Blush (/???) - Walmart
  • Green (/1500) - UØ online store
  • Powder Blue (/???) - 24 Hundred Aussie
  • Eggdrop (/500) - UØ online store
  • Golden Age (/???) - Indie exclusive
  • Gold Static (/350) - Revolver exclusive
  • Cerebellum test press (/75) - UØ online store
  • Coke Bottle Clear Deluxe (/3000) - UØ online store

I completed mine Voyeurist set last week as well!

https://imgur.com/a/K77x8eK

Originally ordered the deluxe coke bottle & one of the egg drop pressings back in August 2021. Received 2 deluxe coke bottle presses a few weeks ago :( 

Since the egg drop showed sold out, I was skeptical I'd be able to get my hands on one from them, but alas, once I returned the extra deluxe I received, I got an email from Concord with tracking info for the Egg Drop. Except now, since they shipped it on Jan 31, it's been in the dreaded "Shipment Received/Package Acceptance Pending" status...

I messaged Concord again, and was told that was standard right now and to contact them if the tracking hasn't updated "45 days after shipment date". So I guess I'll wait until March 17th and see if I get my Egg Drop or not 

fuck my life fml GIF

Yeah I am quite pleased with my eggdrop LP but that gold static one is the goat. 
Ordered a deluxe as well but got some movie soundtrack instead lol, seems like this has been commonplace, so that one just got returned.
I also impulse ordered a cerebellum for god knows why,  we will see if I hang onto it. 

34 minutes ago, backpackoat said:

What happened to the collection thread? That one was my favorite, though it hadn't seen much action recently. I love to see any collection, don't care the band. That's too bad.

Anyway, cool pictures up above, not trying to get off topic

It got closed in September by jhulud. I have no idea why though.

30 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I have noticed that a lot of the bigger/older threads have been closed and am wondering why too.

That's super weird.  Can you think of any others that were locked, off the top of your head?  I hadn't noticed that one above until someone pointed it out.  @[Banned User] should make a new thread and kick it off with his pic, especially since I haven't seen any collection photos in a minute.

36 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That's super weird.  Can you think of any others that were locked, off the top of your head?  I hadn't noticed that one above until someone pointed it out.  @[Banned User] should make a new thread and kick it off with his pic, especially since I haven't seen any collection photos in a minute.

Gatorpridesonnn Memorial Thread (I think that was just one with general non-vinyl or music stuff from forever ago), the collection one, Post Your Record Storage Area. There’s some others I went back to look at that are closed too but I have bad memory and forget which ones. 

3 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Gatorpridesonnn Memorial Thread (I think that was just one with general non-vinyl or music stuff from forever ago), the collection one, Post Your Record Storage Area. There’s some others I went back to look at that are closed too but I have bad memory and forget which ones. 

Just had to go and look, yup.  All closed by Juan too, with none of them getting out of hand.  Really strange.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Just had to go and look, yup.  All closed by Juan too, with none of them getting out of hand.  Really strange.

Right? I will maybe start a new collection one tonight if people think it’s a good idea and I’m not beat to the punch.