PO Soon - Underoath - Voyeurist

The reason some of the older & bigger threads were closed & locked was because it’s been a target for bots to post spam & likely virus links. We have the system set up that any new users, must have their first post approved by an Admin or Mod. Sure enough, 99% of all new users who post are bots. Easy to spot not only from the posts in Russian but also the spam nature of the content. So they get flagged as Spam accounts & IP banned & posts deleted. 

On any given day, I have to go through 25 posts & review the accounts & origin. It’s a pain in the ass but has to be done to keep shit safe around here. 

I can reopen the locked threads. I’ll do it tomorrow when I’m on my laptop as the Admin control panel is easier to navigate. 

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

The reason some of the older & bigger threads were closed & locked was because it’s been a target for bots to post spam & likely virus links. We have the system set up that any new users, must have their first post approved by an Admin or Mod. Sure enough, 99% of all new users who post are bots. Easy to spot not only from the posts in Russian but also the spam nature of the content. So they get flagged as Spam accounts & IP banned & posts deleted. 

On any given day, I have to go through 25 posts & review the accounts & origin. It’s a pain in the ass but has to be done to keep shit safe around here. 

I can reopen the locked threads. I’ll do it tomorrow when I’m on my laptop as the Admin control panel is easier to navigate. 

Makes sense. Thanks for unlocking them. I will hold off on making a new collection post.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I feel like Spencer and Aaron’s vocals are stuck in the 2000s or something. That’s the best way I can explain it. They still sound like 18-20 year olds. It’s a shame too because musically the other members could make some cool shit. This stuff is just garbage. I’d love a full album like Casting Such A Thin Shadow. Just unleash Tim and Chris and let them make a great post rock album. Unfortunately James isn’t in the band anymore.

21 minutes ago, RadDonut said:

I feel like Spencer and Aaron’s vocals are stuck in the 2000s or something. That’s the best way I can explain it. They still sound like 18-20 year olds. It’s a shame too because musically the other members could make some cool shit. This stuff is just garbage. I’d love a full album like Casting Such A Thin Shadow. Just unleash Tim and Chris and let them make a great post rock album. Unfortunately James isn’t in the band anymore.

I always felt like 2006-2010 Underoath was super capable of writing a really cool instrumental record if they wanted to.  Haven’t really been interested in them since 2010 but fully agree that everything they’ve done post-hiatus has been pretty embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Revisiting this album since they just released the Digital Ghost version. Watched some of those vids on YouTube and the visuals are great. I will say again, the heavy parts of this record are so good. The “pop” parts of these newer albums are what people aren’t enjoying I think. I just want another heavy/experimental album from them. Pneumonia is still my favorite track on this album.