PO Soon - Underoath - Voyeurist

After my first few listens I thought to myself, "Have I grown out of this kind of music?" but then I remembered ETID put out an AOTY contender last year and realize, no, this is just an aggressively bland, milquetoast album with absolutely no memorable or standout moments. It is disappointing, and I was actually looking forward to having some throwback fun with this one.

Edited by backpackoat

11 hours ago, backpackoat said:

After my first few listens I thought to myself, "Have I grown out of this kind of music?" but then I remembered ETID put out an AOTY contender last year and realize, no, this is just an aggressively bland, milquetoast album with absolutely no memorable or standout moments. It is disappointing, and I was actually looking forward to having some throwback fun with this one.

I've only listened through once but this is my take too. It's like they forgot how to make anything remotely catchy, there's basically no hooks in any of the songs, nothing memorable.