Thrice - Horizons/East

39 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

The last time I saw Thrice was on their "Farewell Tour" in 2012. It was a pretty even mix across their discography, based on votes from fans, and a really great show. I haven't cared enough about the last couple albums to want to see them again, but maybe that will change with the new material.

Saw them tour TBEITBN with gates opening, that was a good show and proved that if nothing else they’re at the top of their live game. Set list is a blur- I was wasted 🤷‍♂️

Thrice is my favorite band and they definitely did lose me on a lot of the last 2 albums but I'm really liking these first 2 songs. They tracked this themselves yeah? Is this the first time since Beggars? Perhaps the studio/producers got in the way a bit on the last few.

I'm hoping for more energy and vocal dynamics but also completely down for songs like 'Robot' - definitely getting Beggars/Alchemy/MM vibes so far which gives me hope!

29 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

I was never into this band beyond Artist in the Ambulance (which I really enjoyed). Do they have any other records that resemble this sound?

Not at all. Vheissu is the follow up album to TAITA and it contains the last remnants of the TAITA era and pre TAITA era. And even then, Vheissu only has small touches of it. Basically a transition album out of that style and into their experimental era. However, they do have a lot of excellent albums after TAITA and every single one of them is so different that they each stand alone. Try them all once.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow wow wow!!! It's SO GOOD. I love how experimental it is. For me it is definitely a step after Alchemy and Beggars and has more in common with those than anything after. But it's also distinctly different than anything they've done. Love the minor keys, the time signatures, and the diverse vocal styles from Dustin. If you were understandably disappointed with Palms, you will be thrilled that Thrice is "back".

Just now, hallowken78 said:

Oh nice - too many different preorders and dates, I just lose track of everything. 

Anybody actually get the download codes mailed to them by Kings Road?

I din't pre-order from kingsroad, and I don't know if they do that anyway. Epitaph releases usually come with download cards. It's on streaming services though.

3 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

Oh nice - too many different preorders and dates, I just lose track of everything. 

Anybody actually get the download codes mailed to them by Kings Road?

was supposed to get an email it never came. also, if I go to my online order receipt, there appears to be a download link, except it only links me to the support page, and not the digital release. I'm emailing them now about it.

21 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

was supposed to get an email it never came. also, if I go to my online order receipt, there appears to be a download link, except it only links me to the support page, and not the digital release. I'm emailing them now about it.

i think the digital download is gonna be tied to the release date for the vinyl, which is dumb