Thrice - Horizons/East

On 10/17/2021 at 10:52 AM, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

I don't think I saw anyone post this yet. German indie exclusive on orange and mustard galaxy vinyl. 

https://www.flight13.com/thrice-horizons-east-german-exclusive-indie-vinyl/144120?locale=en

saw the URL and I was like "wow, East German vinyl"

On 10/16/2021 at 9:52 PM, dantheriver said:

These guys don’t even play deadbolt anymore even though it’s what everyone comes to see. Glad I saw them 4 or 5 times before they got old and boring.

I noticed this with Thrice and also the Bosstones' sets at Riot Fest. Both leaned more heavily on newer songs and less on 'the hits.' I passed on seeing Thrice this weekend when they were back in town, and after setting the setlist, I'm kinda glad. It was 45% Palms/HE, 25% pre-Beggars and 30% in between. Horizons is still growing on me, and I get it, they're touring a new record, but something something getting old not keeping up.

7 minutes ago, smailtronic said:

I noticed this with Thrice and also the Bosstones' sets at Riot Fest. Both leaned more heavily on newer songs and less on 'the hits.' I passed on seeing Thrice this weekend when they were back in town, and after setting the setlist, I'm kinda glad. It was 45% Palms/HE, 25% pre-Beggars and 30% in between. Horizons is still growing on me, and I get it, they're touring a new record, but something something getting old not keeping up.

yeah the setlist is pretty bad on this tour. Looks like they are basically giving up anything pre-vheissu... they use to mix it way better. Personally I think everything off Palms/major Minor and besides a few songs off beggars/TBEITBN should never be played live ever again :D

Edited by xfactor675

19 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

yeah the setlist is pretty bad on this tour. Looks like they are basically giving up anything pre-vheissu... they use to mix it way better. Personally I think everything off Palms/major Minor and besides a few songs off beggars/TBEITBN should never be played live ever again :D

Thought the setlist on the latest tour was awesome!! Brought a whole new energy to these newer songs and made me appreciate them a ton! 

Been going to thrice shows for nearly 20 years now. I’m thankful not to see the same old shit/same old show for the umpteenth time. Thankful for something different. It would be a waste of money to just hear the songs I’ve heard live 20-30 times already. At this point, I hope I never hear Deadbolt live again. 

1 hour ago, Panties Hank said:

Been going to thrice shows for nearly 20 years now. I’m thankful not to see the same old shit/same old show for the umpteenth time. Thankful for something different. It would be a waste of money to just hear the songs I’ve heard live 20-30 times already. At this point, I hope I never hear Deadbolt live again. 

This is me as well. I saw them last week in Detroit and thought they sounded great, and enjoyed the setlist. I have now seen them six times since 2007, and while I mourn that there are some songs I'll never hear them play again, I am OK with. A friend went with me last week who doesn't really know Thrice, and I explained to him that the band played none of my top-5 favorite Thrice songs, but I I knew they wouldn't, and I was OK with it. My favorite part of the set was when they played "Buried in the Sun" and "Just Breathe" back-to-back, as those are my fav songs from each of the most recent two albums.

• 2 weeks later...

7/10 have arrived so far. Just waiting on the Yellow US Indie, Purple Blast and the standard black. Apologize for the shitty pic, but just giving a quick idea of what they all look like in reality.

Edit: Added better image without glare from outers

Thrice Variants 2

Edited by zacooper
Better Image

5 minutes ago, phillybhatesme said:

I almost forgot about this PO. 

What outers are you using @zacooper

Edit - What's that blue/pink smush officially called? I love that. 

Outers are the 9224 Diskeeper Ultimate Outer 2.5 from Sleeve City.

Blue/Pink smush is the Cotton Candy Smash I'm pretty sure

1 hour ago, zacooper said:

7/9 have arrived so far. Just waiting on the Purple Blast and the standard black, since the purple won't be ready until Dec and I ordered together. Apologize for the shitty pic, but just giving a quick idea of what they all look like in reality.

Thrice Variants 2

I'm really digging the top and bottom left variants. The bottom left is the alliance exclusive, right?

On 11/5/2021 at 7:50 PM, zacooper said:

7/10 have arrived so far. Just waiting on the Yellow US Indie, Purple Blast and the standard black. Apologize for the shitty pic, but just giving a quick idea of what they all look like in reality.

Thrice Variants 2

The clouded purple one is really beautiful! 

• 2 months later...

Everyone relax. It was announced after the first pressing sold out. Was announced that it would distribute significantly later. They basically had to place the order the day they launched the preorder and it got put to the back of the pressing schedule by the pressing plants since the order was placed so much later than the first pressings.

8 minutes ago, Panties Hank said:

Everyone relax. It was announced after the first pressing sold out. Was announced that it would distribute significantly later. They basically had to place the order the day they launched the preorder and it got put to the back of the pressing schedule by the pressing plants since the order was placed so much later than the first pressings.

But how would anyone know that? The preorder page had the shipping date as December 17 just like the rest. It's pretty reasonable to assume that when you order a record the day after release and it looks just like all the others, it'd be the same. I wasn't even aware that it would technically be a second press. 

They've since changed the expected ship date on the page, but it's not like they ever notified me. 

Totally relaxed. I was just wondering what the deal was with what seems to only be one variant and it's the one that my dumb ass had to choose.