Thrice - Horizons/East

Apologies. My “Everybody relax” was geared significantly more toward the “Where the fuck is it?” guy.

Instagram post form the band here talking about last minute edition.

https://www.instagram.com/thrice/p/CRmCwRFtpIl/?utm_medium=copy_link

Thrice sale page here. https://thricestore.com/product/19904/horizonseast-lp-light-purple-blast

Schreenshots I took from the launch day of the page said the same thing as the disclaimer that is there today.

“This item is a pre-order item with an intended release date of February 25, 2022 . We will ship your order before or on this date, but due to production delays or other unpredictable reasons, this date may change. If you'd like other items on your order to be delivered sooner, please place two separate orders.*”

46 minutes ago, Panties Hank said:

Apologies. My “Everybody relax” was geared significantly more toward the “Where the fuck is it?” guy.

Instagram post form the band here talking about last minute edition.

https://www.instagram.com/thrice/p/CRmCwRFtpIl/?utm_medium=copy_link

Thrice sale page here. https://thricestore.com/product/19904/horizonseast-lp-light-purple-blast

Schreenshots I took from the launch day of the page said the same thing as the disclaimer that is there today.

“This item is a pre-order item with an intended release date of February 25, 2022 . We will ship your order before or on this date, but due to production delays or other unpredictable reasons, this date may change. If you'd like other items on your order to be delivered sooner, please place two separate orders.*”

Glad I'm not the only one who grabs screenshots of release pages lol.  Mine says Dec 17 so I know I'm not entirely nuts.

Man oh man. So glad I’m not the only crazy one too. I routinely take screenshots on my phone in landscape and use Tailor to stitch them together into single reference sheets. I’m wondering if the discrepancies in our screenshots have to do with timing and the way the put the sales pages up. I know I’m lazy and would have copied to original pages and then made the release-specific adjustments later.

1 hour ago, Panties Hank said:

Man oh man. So glad I’m not the only crazy one too. I routinely take screenshots on my phone in landscape and use Tailor to stitch them together into single reference sheets. I’m wondering if the discrepancies in our screenshots have to do with timing and the way the put the sales pages up. I know I’m lazy and would have copied to original pages and then made the release-specific adjustments later.

I use an app called Longshot. You can enter in any website address and get one long screenshot of the entire page. Imgur compressed this but the actual screenshot is very clear. 

spacer.png

Edited by Buffbloom

I’ve been using the shop app. It keeps up with almost all preorders and orders from most independent online retailers and adds to them to a list. It links to your email and will pull all order #s and tracking #s and keep up with it, while also integrating UPS, USPS, and FedEx. So it’s nice not having all threes of those apps anymore. Here’s what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/tyeIMoY

couldn’t get the pictures to embed for some reason,

10 hours ago, ejc625 said:

I’ve been using the shop app. It keeps up with almost all preorders and orders from most independent online retailers and adds to them to a list. It links to your email and will pull all order #s and tracking #s and keep up with it, while also integrating UPS, USPS, and FedEx. So it’s nice not having all threes of those apps anymore. Here’s what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/tyeIMoY

couldn’t get the pictures to embed for some reason,

A lot of my 'vinyl budz' use that app and really like it. 
But, I am a crotchety old man who is paranoid about the resale of my info, so I have avoided it 😕 

But @Buffbloom your reminding me of an old firefox extension I had back in the day that like autoscrolled the page and stitched a mega screenshot of it for you. I may need to go searching for something like that again. 

Edited by V3XED

I write all of my pre-orders down in a notebook and have contemplated screenshots in the past. Doesn't really matter if things get pushed back, but notice would have been cool. Also, def relaxed, my "where the fuck is it?" was tongue-in-cheek, I don't care where this album is, and my rhetorical question was followed by "IDK." 

Anyway, I find that Shop somehow doesn't get everything; I guess they'll only get the orders when I use the Shop app to purchase. But it doesn't and won't help me track random purchases elsewhere (though I suppose those aren't difficult to keep track of since they're not months out). 

3 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

I write all of my pre-orders down in a notebook and have contemplated screenshots in the past. Doesn't really matter if things get pushed back, but notice would have been cool. Also, def relaxed, my "where the fuck is it?" was tongue-in-cheek, I don't care where this album is, and my rhetorical question was followed by "IDK." 

Anyway, I find that Shop somehow doesn't get everything; I guess they'll only get the orders when I use the Shop app to purchase. But it doesn't and won't help me track random purchases elsewhere (though I suppose those aren't difficult to keep track of since they're not months out). 

You can go in and manually add orders/tracking information if it doesn't find them initially. 

1 minute ago, ejc625 said:

You can go in and manually add orders/tracking information if it doesn't find them initially. 

I like this app.  I was able to add something that I bought off someone on Facebook.

I like the idea of using it to track orders that I've shipped out, actually.

3 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

That's interesting that it doesn't work well for you. Shop seems to catch everything I order, and will even track packages that I send when I use Pirateship or PayPal shipping etc. 

28 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

I think that's only possible if you receive a tracking notification, no? For example, I found the email address to which I can forward "shipped" messages to and then the Shop app will track that purchase, but for example, if I pre-order something and checkout with PayPal, I didn't see a way to add that to the Shop app. 

22 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

That's interesting that it doesn't work well for you. Shop seems to catch everything I order, and will even track packages that I send when I use Pirateship or PayPal shipping etc. 

Definitely seems to be working better for you than me. I might also be wrong about some of the things I described and perhaps might be conflating purchases through other apps and misaligning that with when I started using Shop. 

I'll have to pay more attention to see if it's not working properly or if I'm just an idiot. 

Shop is great and catches about 90% of what I order.  But a lot of stuff doesn't appear until it actually ships, FYI.  If you're on a site and you checkout using Shop Pay, however, you'll get a more detailed entry within the app that will eventually get updated when it ships.  It's a good app and has gotten better over the years.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...