PO 07/21: Iron Maiden - Senjutsu

Well. Shitballs. Fuck you AMAZON. 

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #XXXXXXXXX. We recently discovered an error that caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Senjutsu (Amazon Exclusive 3LP Silver Vinyl Limited Edition)

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item, and you haven't been charged, but an authorization may be visible on your account. This should be removed according to the policies of your bank.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced.

We're sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

So last night I went to battle with Amazon to try and get them to honor my order at their fuck-up price. I ended up being on chat with maybe 4 different reps. This was all on the text contact on the app. I was a bit drunk during all of it but not aggressive or rude. I was trying to reason with them that it's not fault that they screwed up on the price and I shouldn't be penalized for it and asked to have my order reinstated for the $16.99. 

It all came down to them kept saying that the record hadn't come out yet and couldn't reinstate the order once it's been cancelled. By the last rep, I was completely frustrated and worn down and I expressed this to the dude. He reached a compromise in lieu of not being able to put my order back: gave me a gift card credit for the difference in pricing of the correct price and fuck-up. So essentially I can order it and apply the gift card and still get it for the $16.99. 

It's a great compromise. But man...I was put through the ringer for it. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ntslash said:

My $16 copy just shipped today as well, but it isn't supposed to arrive until the 15th. I've never had an Amazon package take that long to arrive.

It's also going to my old address. Anyone have any luck changing an address with USPS after an item shipped? 

If you filled out a mail forwarding slip (which everyone should do whenever they move for those of you who haven't before) you should be fine.

15 hours ago, RustyShackelford said:

I got an email from Amazon about my delivery date being 9/10. I was charged this morning - looks like not all of the ~$16 orders were cancelled. 

13 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

From what I've heard, the Amazons only cancelled orders for multiple copies at $16. 

6 hours ago, morfiend said:

Yup,  mine wasn’t cancelled and I ordered 1 copy.

4 hours ago, ntslash said:

My $16 copy just shipped today as well, but it isn't supposed to arrive until the 15th. I've never had an Amazon package take that long to arrive.

It's also going to my old address. Anyone have any luck changing an address with USPS after an item shipped? 

Damn, we got a secret flipper above hahaha. 

7 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

If you filled out a mail forwarding slip (which everyone should do whenever they move for those of you who haven't before) you should be fine.

Thanks for this  I did do the mail forwarding, but I thought USPS didn't forward packages. I guess I will just wait and see! 

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I guess even in 2021 there's still Satanic Panic...

Petition Launched to Transfer Principal Over 'Satanic' Imagery (loudwire.com)

Standard idiocy.  What is truly unfortunate is she will probably be removed, transferred or "encouraged" to resign.  75% certain that would happen if it were in the United States.  What is ridiculously unfortunate is this educator, principal nonetheless, didn't know better.   Or maybe, she didn't give a shit and can make ends meet other ways.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jhulud said:

Y'all see that Bruce Dickinson is doing a U.S. spoken word tour in 2022?

Should be pretty cool. I snagged a tix for the FTL stop. 

Bruce Dickinson Tickets, 2021 Concert Tour Dates | Ticketmaster

Don't really have any idea what this is, but he's coming here (KC) and it's fucking Bruce Dickinson, so I may go.

Spoken word would be cool, but I'm not sure I have the attention span for it.

What did everyone think of the new record?  It pains me to say this, but it fell really flat for me.  It sounded like an hour and a half of songs they've done before.  I get they're not reinventing the wheel, but it's just mid-paced blah imo.

2 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Spoken word would be cool, but I'm not sure I have the attention span for it.

What did everyone think of the new record?  It pains me to say this, but it fell really flat for me.  It sounded like an hour and a half of songs they've done before.  I get they're not reinventing the wheel, but it's just mid-paced blah imo.

My opinion is about the same as yours. I enjoyed listening to it, but it wasn't memorable and I'm not sure I have the patience to sit down and listen to it again.