Grayscale - Umbra

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, rooks said:

here i am.

didn't expect anything different, but dear god that song is top 10 worst tracks of all time, easy.

Gotta agree. As someone who WAS a huge fan and went to the record release for What We're Missing, I hate what this band has become. They had a unique sound and stood out compared to other bands in their scene at the time. Songwriting was solid and they were great live. I've given everything a chance since then. Painkiller Weather takes the cake for one of the worst songs I've ever heard. Twilight is next to that (nothing like a bunch of skinny white boys singing about cocaine wearing off). I still stand by this band selling out to making what Fearless wanted since they didn't even record Adornment together and let the producers make all the moves. One producer on that album is also behind the dumpster fires of the new ADTR album & All Time Low's Future Hearts. January 2020 I went to their tour with Hot Mulligan (who I'd say are doing much better than Grayscale now), WSTR & Lurk (who were all awesome) and my friend who originally wanted to give Grayscale a chance was ready to leave during their second song. Not to be a negative dump on this band but it's really gross what the industry will do to bands. They're about to be 5 albums in and still haven't "blown up" and I don't think it'll happen, but I'm sure they're being reassured every step along the way that they're headed for "big things."

Just now, N8TRU said:

Gotta agree. As someone who WAS a huge fan and went to the record release for What We're Missing, I hate what this band has become. They had a unique sound and stood out compared to other bands in their scene at the time. Songwriting was solid and they were great live. I've given everything a chance since then. Painkiller Weather takes the cake for one of the worst songs I've ever heard. Twilight is next to that (nothing like a bunch of skinny white boys singing about cocaine wearing off). I still stand by this band selling out to making what Fearless wanted since they didn't even record Adornment together and let the producers make all the moves. One producer on that album is also behind the dumpster fires of the new ADTR album & All Time Low's Future Hearts. January 2020 I went to their tour with Hot Mulligan (who I'd say are doing much better than Grayscale now), WSTR & Lurk (who were all awesome) and my friend who originally wanted to give Grayscale a chance was ready to leave during their second song. Not to be a negative dump on this band but it's really gross what the industry will do to bands. They're about to be 5 albums in and still haven't "blown up" and I don't think it'll happen, but I'm sure they're being reassured every step along the way that they're headed for "big things."

Wild.  I mean I guess there's always bands out there that sound like this, and they probably make decent money occasionally. 

But to me - this sounds like someone heard Watermelon Sugar High on the radio after listening to an old Boyslikegirls or Hit The Lights album and thought "man this would be so siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick combined broooooooooooooo" and then went into a studio and shat out this polished turd of sound.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

The band tweeted that there will be two more variants announced tonight. 

They’re on the site now.

https://merch.grayscalepa.com/products/707087-grayscale-umbra

Rosé Splatter and Igneous, both of /250

I didn’t buy any of the earlier ones, but it’s annoying/shitty when the later variants are more limited than the first ones announced.

• 2 weeks later...