Introduce Yourself!

Mark

Favourite Bands: 
joyce manor, la dispute, nouns, atlas at last, the chariot, alex g, the blood brothers, death grips, donovan wolfington, pope, pedro the lion, vince staples, earl sweatshirt, billy woods, ratking, scowler, soul glo, william bonney... others....

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr etc.?: 
http://facebook.com/markgnarza

@markgnarza on twitter and instagram

http://protestification.tumblr.com/

Hobbies (outside of record collecting):

thinking about reading, filmmaking, writing and making music, and never actually doing so. watching movies is one of the few constants, and even then it's not very constant. 

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!:
i run a record label/music blog called funeral sounds: http://funeralsounds.com/

Random things you want us to know about you: 
my right arm is a lot stronger than my left, and many assume it's bc of masturbation but it's actually from cutting so many fucking j-cards. also my picture is not me.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan
Favourite Bands: 
The Early November, Moving Mountains, Basement, Title Fight, Tigers Jaw, Taking Back Sunday, Circa Survive, Brand New

http://jonathanleegonzales.tumblr.com

I do graphic design for bands/promoters (See link above), enjoy film photography, and playing drums.

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!:

I own a record label called Sunday Drive Records (http://sundaydriverecs.tumblr.com) and play drums in the band Evident (http://evidenttx.bandcamp.com)

I attend Texas A&M University and am a Visualization major.

Chana Rivka

Favorite Bands:

THE NUMBER TWELVE LOOKS LIKE YOU, Dance Gavin Dance, A Lot Like Birds, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy's new stuff, The Fall of Troy, Rescuer, Funeral Diner, Alesana,

yeah basically that

On instagram, discogs, and snapchat, I am RIatolavi and not much else.

Writing, drawing, being lazy, reading,

The random

my phone keeps deleting the questions and it's about to die nice.

Brandon

Favourite Bands: 
Devo, Goblin, Zombi, The B-52's, Megadeth, Camel, The Descendents, The Fucking Champs, King Crimson, R.E.M., Yellow Magic Orchestra

Instagram: https://instagram.com/thisisdjinnocide

Weightlifting, Yoga, Videogames, Tabletop RPGs

I'm the Production Manager/Customer Service Guy over at www.iloveimprint.com 

Currently working on getting a degree in Physical Therapy

• 2 weeks later...

I never did this post, but I've been around here for a while. Figured I may as well since everyone else has:

Dominic

Favorite Bands: 
I don't like to pick favorites as far as bands go (in a list format), but the exception to that rule is Foo Fighters. Their music means so much to me, and it's shaped who I am today. All-time favorite right there.

Playing guitar, listening to digital music...I don't really do anything outside of music  :wacko: 

I wish I had a band :/ I play electric guitar, though.

I'm allergic to virtually everything food-related (milk, eggs, nuts, seafood) + outdoor stuff.

same as doman, i've been around here for a while but heres some basic,important, or extremely useless information about myself

drake

Favorite Bands: 
twiabp,bomb the music industry!, four year strong, japandroids, spraynard and dads

i dont have a facebook, probably haven't used twitter in a year, and my tumblrs just a mess

i do have an insta that's always in my signature  ;)

video games,mainly nintendo (even though i am extremely bad at them)

i play the bass guitar and would like to start a band but shit man

Why do you almost never use caps? (i added this one suckers)

my old keyboard had a broken shift key, but then i got used to it and i really like the way it looks. god that sounds stupid

im a freshman in high school so that might make me the youngest "regular" on here

i have really bad social anxiety, even on here. thats why i refrain from posting a whole lot

my favorite shows are parks and recreation and arrested development

i've still never been to a concert. i've tried to go to 6 different ones in the last year, but something always comes up :(

i have ridiculously awful handwriting

my favorite food are burgers. the best burger i've ever had was at a local restaurant, known as hop's burger bar (tripadvisers "best burger in america 2015", if that means anything) 

i cant remember if i ever did this. been around a few years though. 

russell (or rusty)

Favorite Bands: 
bane. american nightmare. mewithoutyou. killing the dream. evergreen terrace. piebald

no twitter or tumblr. i rarely go on facebook. my instagram is dontcallmeruss 

i like the ocean. eating food. walking

nope

im almost 31 but i will forever look 18. i love cats. i can juggle. i love baseball pretty much more than anything in the world

• 2 weeks later...

Rob

Favorite Bands: 
Death Cab, Jimmy Eat World, Alkaline Trio, Brand New, Fleetwood Mac, Coheed & Cambria

Playing bass, comedy script-writing, faux music journalism and podcasting for Punktastic.com

Just left Fish Hook (www.fishhookband.co.uk) in order to focus on something more relevant to my interests... if it comes to anything, you'll know about it ;)

My fingers bend the wrong way

I have checked out the board from time to time over the past few years and want to become more active on it.

Pratik

Favorite Bands: 
I like all genres of music including, rock, punk, jam band, indy, hip-hop, jazz, pop, funk, and soul. I love finding new bands to listen to. Some of my favorites include Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, The Beatles, Balck Keys, Widespread Panic, The Cars, Daft Punk, Phish, Gorillaz, Herbie Hancock, The Kooks, Drowners, LCD Soundsystem, moe, Nirvana, Oassi, Outkast, Royal Blood, Sublime, The Strokes, String Cheese Incident, Catfish and the Bottlemen, and several others I’m not thinking of right at this second.

https://www.facebook.com/pratik.sau
https://twitter.com/PratikSau

cooking, tennis, concerts, movies/tv shows

nope…but I can play a little piano, guitar, bass, and trombone

not that I can think of…but feel free to ask

Lauren 

Favorite Bands: 
All Time Low, Avenged Sevenfold, My Chemical Romance, Something Corporate, Hawthorne Heights, 

All American Rejects, Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Evanescence, Halestorm, Pierce The Veil, Heart, Green Day, 

Blondie, The Beatles, In This Moment, Adrenaline Mob, Blink 182, Escape The Fate, Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, New Years Day, New Found Glory, Simple Plan, MUSE, Motley Crue, Nightwish, The Offspring, Pantera, Papa Roach, Paramore, Protest The Hero, The Ramones, Rival Sons, The Runaways, Sixx:AM, Silverstein, Slipknot, Skillet, Story of the Year, Three Days Grace, Tonight Alive, Volbeat, We Are The In Crowd, Yellowcard, Weezer, Andrew McMahon, AFI, AC/DC, Atreyu, Bowling For Soup, The Dollyrots, Bullet For My Valentine, A Change of Pace, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, The Clash, The Color Morale, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, The Damned Things, Forever the Sickest Kids, Handguns, Hey Monday, Icon For Hire, Index Case, Jimmy Eat World 

Sorry this list is so long, I cant decide on a top 5 or 10 because there are so many bands out there that I listen to, so I decided to list them all

Not gonna list that here - sorry

Graphic Design, Photography, Paranormal Investigating, Concerts 

I've always wanted to design merchandise / cd covers in the music industry. I have a Bachelors of Science degree in Graphic Design. I go to as many concerts as I can and spend time outside of work ghost hunting

• 2 weeks later...

Kaitlin

Favorite Bands: 
I listen to all sorts of stuff, but Twenty One Pilots and My Chemical Romance are my two most favorite bands of all time.

I have an Instagram but i'm not putting it here. 

Not really. I basically spend most my time just listening to music.

Nope.

• I dye my hair a ton of stupid colors.
  • I'm a broke high school student (sophomore aka I'm basically an irl fetus)
  • I met Josh Dun and he said my hair was great and if you ever ask me about it I will not shut up.
  • I've only been to two concerts. The first was Hozier & Nate Ruess, and the second was Twenty One Pilots. I camped out overnight for TØP and I got barricade and it was the best experience of my life.
  • I've lurked this forum forever but I'm just now getting around to making an account and posting.
  • ????

Tyler

Favorite Bands:
One of my favorite questions that has an answer that changes every day. I mostly listen to a lot of classic rock and jazz. Grew up as a formally-trained musician, so a lot of the class go-to's were instilled in my early on. Recently getting into some math rock.

Reading, playing drums, keeping a koi pond, hiking, automotive shows, etc.

I play drums in a local New Jersey-based cover band, as well as guitar for a small folk project.

Many consider my vinyl collecting to be an odd pastime. However, I look at it like preserving time.

• 2 weeks later...

errol

Favorite Bands: 
american football, the microphones/mount eerie, cursed, some others i forgot about probably.

https://www.facebook.com/errol.west
i build guitar amps/pedals/cabs. i play in a few bands, i record many bands. i only know how to do music things. i am pretty useless.

https://teethdreams420.bandcamp.com/releases

https://weirdstorm.bandcamp.com/

i used to frequent this board but quit for a long time. i know have a job that requires me to sit around doing shit all most of the day, so ive come crawling back. sorry in advance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Matt

Favorite Bands:
Lots

www.facebook.com

Photography, pool, poker, gaming

Nope

Just getting into vinyl, excited to learn.  Think I'm going to start with an Orbit and see where it takes me.  Looking forward to getting to know the community.

ryan

Favorite Bands: 
modest mouse, neds atomic dustbin, the swankys, disclose, ELO, wiz khalifa, cky, algernon cadwallader, and beat happening, and also the jabbers with the dude known as gg as the frontman

just deactivated my facebook, i have a tumblr but havent logged on in forever

collecting 40oz bottles, playing instruments, drinking, traveling

im in a bunch of different bands. but this is my main band for the time being, the cabbageheads, witch is silly noisy pogo punk

also i have a label, faded novelty. but have only released my friends demo and co released my bands first 7 inch so far. i have plans to start doing more with it though

- about the 40oz collecting, i have one of the largest collections in the world, ranked in the top 10

- i have a rattail thats almost 3 feet long

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Introduce Yourself!