Introduce Yourself!

Ashley

Favorite Artists:
Too many to list!

I guess ASC and Synkro are currently my favourite?

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr etc.?:
https://www.facebook.com/ashleydavisnf

http://cdojo.tumblr.com/
http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=r0nin94

Hobbies (outside of record collecting):
Tattoos, Anime & Video games!

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!:
Nope

Random things you want us to know about you:
Everyday I have to take five minutes out to realise I can't bring myself to spend £75 on the Turbonegro - Party Animals LP...

Also £200 on Die Antwoords only vinyl release :(

I am very sociable, I'm pretty pasionate and open minded when I comes to music I love pretty much everything!

I welcome opinions with open arms

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I can do this.

Paul

Favorite Bands: 
The Slackers, Hepcat, Prince Buster, Ken Boothe, Otis Redding, Clancy Eccles, Phyllis Dillon, Pat Kelly, The Aggrolites, The Lawrence Arms, Nothington, Cheap Girls, Chris Murray, OFF!, Circle Jerks and various other sounds.

http://instagram.com/schlitzbeer
Live Shows, internet/vintage radio

I kinda put out a record once. Once.

I live in the ATX

I suppose I can do this.

Paul

Favorite Bands: 

The Slackers, Hepcat, Prince Buster, Ken Boothe, Otis Redding, Clancy Eccles, Phyllis Dillon, Pat Kelly, The Aggrolites, The Lawrence Arms, Nothington, Cheap Girls, Chris Murray, OFF!, Circle Jerks and various other sounds.

http://instagram.com/schlitzbeer

Live Shows, internet/vintage radio

I kinda put out a record once. Once.

I live in the ATX

Welcome to the forum.  You have very diverse taste in music. 

Allen (not exactly an imaginative user name but one I can remember)

Favorite Bands:
The Black Keys, Anything Jack White, Anything Dave Grohl, Anything Paul Weller, Arctic Monkeys. The Kooks, The XX, Black rebel Motorcycle Club, Ocean Colour Scene, Fleetwood Mac, E.L.O. But this changes very frequently

Don't tend to do these much, have got a Facebook account but don't use it much.

I leave all that to my wife.

Hifi, Old Cars, motor racing, beer whenever the sun is over the yard arm.

Sadly neither but did record friends bands at gigs years ago and used to be a DJ

Used to work on Cranes and am scared of heights.

Replaced cigarettes with tea and beer but not at the same time.

The above favourite bands isn't actually representative of my taste, it's just what I am listening to most at the moment. I will listen to pretty much anything, a look at my record collection will show that.

The great thing about Empire is that the sun is usually over the yard arm somewhere in the Empire

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

Justin

Favorite Bands:
No specific order: Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, He is Legend, Russian Circles, Say Anything, ADTR, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Circa Survive, Minus the Bear, August Burns Red, Mastodon, Contortionist, ect....

My instagram is mushroom_river

Playing music, gaming, cooking, outdoor-sy shit.

I wish :(

I play 6,7,8 string guitars, drums, and really like prog and metal. Recent college grad and employed as a certified nuclear medicine technologist. Hit me up : )

Mark. markyboyofdestiny is my recording name. Nicked it from a Calvin & Hobbes strip. Calvin decides to call himself boyofwonder and everyone must address him as such if they expect a reply. I did the same at a drunken party years ago and my wonderful friends have never let me forget it.

Favorite Bands:

The Byrds, Nick Drake, The Polyphonic Spree, Arcade Fire, Willy Mason, Teenage Fanclub, Idlewild, Big Star, The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, Admiral Fallow, My Bloody Valentine, Death Cab For Cutie, Michael Nesmith oohhhh and so many more!!!

www.myspace.com/markyboyofdestiny

Playing music and making music! I also love trying to be an awesome dad to my wee gurl.

I love cooking and baking and have been known to go crime fighting of a weekend.

TV box sets are also a major distraction !!! Like Marc I am obsessed with South Park! It kicks your ass....in da nootz!!!

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us

Yup! I am marky:boyofdestiny and my album and single are available digitally on iTunes etc. My new EP Gild The Wishes is out soon!

Check me out on Youtube too. My music is kinda acoustic pop! Hope you like it!

I am ridiculously positive and happy.......all the time! This can rub some people up the wrong way but more often than not, I spread a smile or two along the way. There's always hope people. Always!

Mark. markyboyofdestiny is my recording name. Nicked it from a Calvin & Hobbes strip. Calvin decides to call himself boyofwonder and everyone must address him as such if they expect a reply. I did the same at a drunken party years ago and my wonderful friends have never let me forget it.

Favorite Bands:

The Byrds, Nick Drake, The Polyphonic Spree, Arcade Fire, Willy Mason, Teenage Fanclub, Idlewild, Big Star, The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, Admiral Fallow, My Bloody Valentine, Death Cab For Cutie, Michael Nesmith oohhhh and so many more!!!

www.myspace.com/markyboyofdestiny

Playing music and making music! I also love trying to be an awesome dad to my wee gurl.

I love cooking and baking and have been known to go crime fighting of a weekend.

TV box sets are also a major distraction !!! Like Marc I am obsessed with South Park! It kicks your ass....in da nootz!!!

Yup! I am marky:boyofdestiny and my album and single are available digitally on iTunes etc. My new EP Gild The Wishes is out soon!

Check me out on Youtube too. My music is kinda acoustic pop! Hope you like it!

I am ridiculously positive and happy.......all the time! This can rub some people up the wrong way but more often than not, I spread a smile or two along the way. There's always hope people. Always!

Never did this. Better late than never.

Favorite Bands: The Gaslight Anthem, Defeater, Every Time I Die, Beastie Boys, Brand New, The Menzingers, Sam Cooke, letlive., Lucero, The Horrible Crowes, Touche Amore, The Temptations, Modern Life Is War, Nine Inch Nails, Have Heart, Jimmy Eat World, The Riot Before

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/etc?

Twitter

Instagram: thewindblower

Hobbies:

Playing guitar, writing music, working on my novel, watching movies

Used to front a punk/hardcore band but my friends and I gave up the dream for school instead.

I'm studying Biopsychology, Cognition, and Neuroscience at the University of Michigan and hoping to attend medical school and study psychiatry. Been collecting for about two years now. Enjoy watching and following professional wrestling, college football, and professional football. Trying to eat healthy and work out regularly.

Logan (Insert Wolverine and 'isn't that a boy name?' jokes here) 

Favorite Bands: 
Marina and the Diamonds, Brand New, Bayside, Fireworks, Paramore, etc. etc. etc. 

http://facebook.com/logankicksarse

http://twitter.com/loganeatsdirt

http://instagram.com/loganeatsdirt

http://lastyearsghost.tumblr.com

Do napping and eating grilled cheese count as hobbies? I do those things a lot.

I don't, I used to do a lot of TMing/Merch for local bands on tour, but now I just work at a yoga studio and possess no musical talent of my own.

I'm always really bad at these sections, so uh, 
fun fact: I'm allergic the the THC in smoke from Marijuana.

I guess I can also mention I'm getting my Bachelors in Entertainment Business and I'm starting to do a bit of non-profit work!

Niklas, but some call me Thomas

Favorite Bands/Artist:
The Meters, Frank Zappa, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lee Fields, Mandrill, Allman Brothers, Hummingbird........

https://www.facebook.com/niklas.thomas.7

Restoring a Volvo 244, play bass, photography, snowboarding (although it has been more than a year ago) and racing on the circuit.

Not any more, I used to play in a blues/rock coverband.

Student in engineering at Hanze University of Applied Sciences, started collecting about a year ago but already owned a lot of RHCP vinyl.

Goodness, I usually only get on the general board and the for sale board, and I have never done this.  Maybe it's silly, maybe not, but I figured I should "properly" introduce myself to the boards?  Haha, I don't know.

Brian

Favorite Bands:

Sigur Ros, As Cities Burn, Braveyoung, MxPx, Bright Eyes, Bob Dylan, Olafur Arnalds, Beach House, Colour Revolt, Dignan, Further Seems Forever, Sufjan Stevens, The Blood Brothers, The Black Jacks.

www.facebook.com/deadhorsemusic

Playing music, traveling, football, reading, graphic design.

I play in an instrumental band called Deadhorse - www.facebook.com/deadhorsemusic

I run my own graphic design and custom 1 inch button company called Flesh and Bone - www.facebook.com/fleshandbonedesign

I write music for companies/commericals/documentaries, some of which include The North Face, Whole Foods, The History Channel, VICE, These Numbers Have Faces, and more.

I once ran a region-wide collaborative zine in Western PA called Broken Teeth.

I currently contribute and design for a city-wide collaborative zine in Greensboro, NC called Amplifier.

I used to tour doing my own acoustic music under my name.

Before that, I used to tour doing merch with bands such as War of Ages, Edison Glass, Deas Vail, A Perfect Kiss, and more.

I've been ten million miles around the world, and still never driven any of them....I don't have a driver's license, ha!

I have an obsession with obscure 90's nostalgia.

I was once a worship leader....I'm basically the complete opposite person now.

David

Favorite Bands:
Rush,Death, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Ratt, Motley Crue, Kool and the Gang, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/thedavidtopete

Collecting blurays, filmmaking, and photography.

I used to, never really recorded anything.

I'm very sarcastic, like to keep my word, and be on time!

David

Favorite Bands:

Rush,Death, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Ratt, Motley Crue, Kool and the Gang, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/thedavidtopete

Collecting blurays, filmmaking, and photography.

I used to, never really recorded anything.

I'm very sarcastic, like to keep my word, and be on time!

Welcome to the forum

Cody

Favorite Bands: 
Bayside, Taking Back Sunday, Talking Heads, The Doors, Frank Zappa, ODB, Bad Company, Brandnew, Reggie and the Full Effect, many many more

https://www.facebook.com/cody.setzer.94

http://codysetzer.tumblr.com
Thrift Shopping, Volkswagens (Air Cooled, And MK3), Glass Blowing, Writing

I wish 

Recent Graduate From SUNY Plattsburgh B.A. Television Production, I like to restore Volkswagens, I am in the process of restoring a 1964 beetle 1200cc. Just Finished 1996 MK3 GTI VR6 almost everything new in the car. 1997 Jetta GLX VR6 found in Field redid whole car. 

Craig

Favorite Bands: 
NoFx(if you couldn't tell), Less Than Jake, Bad Religion, Anti-flag, Blink 182, Alkaline Trio, Mixtapes, The Get Up Kids, Reggie & the Full Effect.  I could go on for a while,  you guys get the point

Dont use any of those sites

Listening to music, Snowboarding

Does Rock Band count.  LOL

I try being funny but it doesnt usually come across that way on the interwebs.  so i type LOL a lot

Hello!

Marissa

Favorite Bands:
Suis La Lune, The Black Dahlia Murder, Poison The Well, Love Lost, But Not Forgotten, Circle Takes The Square, Pg.99, Brand New, From A Second Story Window, Converge, Orchid, Loma Prieta, The Misfits

https://www.facebook.com/WhoDoesntLoveAGoodDismemberment

http://fullbodymassacre.tumblr.com/

Sewing, Thrifting, Disc Golf, Certain Video Games, Exploring the woods

Blank :(

I obsessed with horror related, especially the classics. I love gloomy/rainy/dark weather. VW's and most Euro cars are my favorite. I obsessively collect vintage luggage (oddly drawn to it) I have the most amazing boyfriend on the planet and I'm an aspiring pastry chef!

Hello everyone!

Wessel

Favorite Bands: 

Jakob, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mono, Boris, Dirty Three, Sigur Rós, Mogwai, This Will Destroy You, Nils Frahm, Stars of the Lid, to name a few. Overall my taste leans more towards post-rock, neo-classical, drone and such things.

Don't have any of those. Or do I?

Listening to music, making music, going to concerts, surfing the internet 24/7, art, video games, board games, worldbuilding, and lots more.

Neither of those, sadly.

I like discussing vinyl, finding like-minded vinyl enthusiasts (I don't know enough of them) and searching for rare/out-of-print records, which is why I joined this board! Otherwise, I don't know what you could possibly want to know about me?

Hey VinylCollective community!

Hi my name's Brooks, and I like to party.

Favorite Bands: 
Converge, Misery Signals, Glasses, Fear Before the March of Flames, Code Orange Kids, Jungbluth

http://bilg.tumblr.com/

drumming, web design, skating, biking, woodwork

Lesser Animal - thrash/grindcore from the happiest town in the US!

I've been married since Sep 2012.

I have a black cat named Gus, after Burton Guster from the tv show Psych.

Right now, I'm making a diy preamp based off the ESP P06

Mike D.

Favorite Bands: 
Boston, Jawbreaker, Mercyful Fate, Hall & Oates, Samiam, Iron Chic, Naked City, Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden, etc etc.

I don't know.. i have one, but it's not worth mentioning.

graphic design, law & order, drinking.

Parallel Resonance (label)

I'm old

I've been here about a year, but. Here is a 'formal' introduction, I spose. 

Mike

Favorite Bands: 
Every Time I Die, The Felix Culpa, Beastie Boys, Converge, The Wonder Years, Those Poor Bastards, Envy, Sage Francis, Cult of Luna.
And KoRn will always have a special place in my heart for getting me into music altogether.

Guitar. Video games. Outside of record collecting, that's it, really. 

I used to play guitar in a band called The Vacant Choir. Started out in early '05. We broke up late '07, but played a reunion show in '09, which was benefit put together by me and my girlfriend at the time when we found out my cousin was diagnosed with cancer. In the short time, we got to do some really cool shit like open for Every Time I Die, Chiodos, Atreyu, and xLooking Forwardx. And to this day, it's the proudest I've ever been of anything I've done.
https://myspace.com/thevacantchoir/music/songs

Former members of TVC and I tried to start something up since then but the search for dedicated musicians got the best of us and we gave up.

I try to find a record store in every new city/state I go to.
I'm a manager at Walgreens, and I love my job and the people I work with. The company as a whole though, is another story. 

Michael (MahPah is a nick name my San Francisco friends gave me to make fun of the fact that I'm from Mississippi.)

Favorite Bands:
I hate this question because it changes so often.  Currently Death Grips, Young Wonder, Salt Cathedrals, Alt-J and Run the Jewels

facebook.com/michaelgoodtimespowell

turntablism, photography, illustration, art, snowboarding, rock climbing (indoors, haven't tried outdoors), going to the gym, classic cars.

I used to dj at raves...like 10 years ago. Does that count?

I'm a graphic designer.

I'm fascinated by physics.

I don't get this new craze over cassettes, although I did buy the MGMT - Alien Days cassette, but not sure why.
I don't get Die Antwoord

Earlier this year I finally went to Coachella for the first time...it was amazing.

I have one tattoo, two if you count the one on the inside of my lip that has mostly faded away.

i'm really poor but i want all the records

Ditto!

Okay. So I've been lurking these forums hard for about a solid month now and I figure it's time to become a member! I've got maybe three friends at best IRL who I can talk about vinyl with so it'll be nice to get to know some of you good folks on here!

Matt (duh)

Favorite Bands:
Coheed and Cambria, Faith No More, any project Mike Kinsella has been in, Cave In, Bjork, Failure, Bear vs. Shark, Deftones, Weezer, At the Drive-In, Circa Survive, Dredg, Dear and the Headlights, Paramore, Dance Gavin Dance, Now Now, Gatsby's American Dream, Weerd Science, Glassjaw, Head Automatica, Russian Circles, This Will Destroy You, Moving Mountains, The Fall of Troy, Motion City Soundtrack, Farewell Continental, The Get Up Kids, Reggie and the Full Effect, HRVRD, A Lot Like Birds, Sunny Day Real Estate, Brand New, The Pillows, I the Mighty, The Police, RHCP, Jurassic 5, RX Bandits, Modest Mouse, MC Lars, Kaki King, La Dispute, Maximum the Hormone, Malegoat, 3, Tool, Tera Melos, Adebisi Shank, The New Trust, Minus the Bear, Tall Ships, Baths, Tycho, Athletics, Bloc Party....that about covers the gist of things for now!

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.kilgannon.14

Traveling whenever possible, learning (knowledge is power!), running, biking, lurking on this website and reading.

I used to play drums in a really terrible cover band with some friends. We did really terrible covers of songs by Brand New and Coheed...but it was a blast while it lasted. It'd be nice to run a label or a record shop someday.

I work nights in an office so I've got a decent amount of free time to post on here.

Because of this I also get shitty sleep and my body has no concept of a circadian rhythm. :)

I've been a vegetarian for a little over three months now after a life of dining on corpses. I don't mind people who eat meat at all but I've gotta say my body has never felt better.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   My My current retirement plan is to open my own record store.

200px-Faith_No_More_Introduce_Yourself.j

I don't get this new craze over cassettes, although I did buy the MGMT - Alien Days cassette, but not sure why.

I couldn't agree more! It baffles me. There's even a dedicated Cassette Store Day now. :huh:

I talked about it with my dad one time and even he was confused. He told me that he only bought cassettes back in the day because they were cheap and you could play them in the car.

Somebody please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember tapes sounding that great either.

Even though I've been here over a year and a half I've never done one of these and I'm bored at work....

Lewis
Favorite Bands:
The Lawrence Arms, Against Me!, American Nightmare, Blink 182, Lifetime, Kid Dynamite, Champion, The National, Brand New, Thrice, A Wilhelm Scream, most bands that play at Fest etc....

Twitter & IG = vialister. I boycotted facebook a year ago and it's the best thing I ever did.

Lifting, bro. Playing football (soccer), Playing xbox, badly (I guess)

I was in a touring band in the UK from 05-08. Kind of starting a very, very tongue in cheek hardcore band which will be funny.

I travel all over the world with my job. Currently in Baku, Azerbaijan, which is a dump and pretty boring if you don't drink. Hence a bit of time on the boards! Fingers crossed the new year takes me somewhere a lot nicer or back home for a while. I've got a dog back home called Daisy, she's the best and I like nice tattoos and cars all that shite. Also a very big supporter of Middlesbrough Football Club.

Suppose it's my turn...

Paul

Favorite Bands:

Neurosis, Deftones, Faith No More, Tool, Glassjaw, The Ocean, Far, Public Enemy...

Reading, gym, football (soccer), both playing and watching

I was in a touring band in the UK from 00-09, done two albums, plenty of shows, not many cared!

I'm originally from Belfast, Northern Ireland, but I've been living in Switzerland for the past 5 years. And loving it. Massive Liverpool fan in the English Premier League.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Introduce Yourself!