Introduce Yourself!

Hello  VC, I’ve been a lurker for a while so I figured I’d finally register and start participatin’.

Emily

Favorite Bands:
This changes often but some of my go-to favorites are:

Rilo Kiley, Brand New, Blink-182, The American Scene, Styx, Queen, The Cure, Marina & the Diamonds, Missy Higgins, City & Colour, Iron &Wine, The Spill Canvas, Chris LeDoux, Johnny Cash, Kenny Chesney, Mumford & Sons, Taking Back Sunday, Unwritten Law, Fleetwood Mac, Flyleaf, Josh Garrels, Motion City Soundtrack, Neutral Milk Hotel, Relient K, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Linkin Park,  Tegan & Sara, Kansas, Vanessa Carlton, Wakey! Wakey!, Mountain Goats.

And I’m just starting to get into Bastille, The 1975, Lorde, The Neighbourhood and more electronic (?) type stuff. I am not sure about it yet though.

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr etc.?:
I don’t have Facebook or Twitter and my Tumblr’s not worth mentioning  ;o

Hobbies (outside of record collecting):
Right now, my ‘hobby’ is mostly job hunting. Other than that, my hobbies include going to shows, working out, reading books, playing video games and spending an incredible amount of time online.

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!:
Naw I have zero musical talent and can barely almost hold a tune. 

Random things you want us to know about you:

I graduated from college in May and I work in healthcare. I just recently (within the last few years) started casually collecting vinyl records but have been fascinated with them since I was a kid. Now that I’m on my own with some semi-disposable income I’ve become more interested in collecting records and am steadily adding to my collection (which I will list somewhere at a later time). 

xx

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to reach 100 posts, so here goes. 

Lauryn

Favorite Bands:

Thrice, Thursday, LaDispute, He Is Legend, Emery, The Receiving End of Sirens, As Cities Burn, As Tall As Lions, Circa Survive, Brand New, Dance Gavin Dance, Everley, From Indian Lakes, HRVRD, Lower Definition, A Lot Like Birds, The Mars Volta, Moving Mountains, O'Brother, Small Leaks Sink Ships, TTNG, Typhoon...I have too many favorites and probably forgot some important ones.  :wacko: 

Movies, TV, cooking, my man & my cats

Nope

Lived in Germany for 5 years when I was a kid and still have fond memories of it. I was a swimmer for 13 years. I have a blog where I post recipes, music stuff and just random shit about life. It makes me happy/gives me something to do. 

Pat

Favorite Bands:

American Nightmare, H2O, Gaslgiht Anthem, AFI, Strike Anywhere, OWTH...the usual suspects

Edgefest23 on Instagram

Rec sports, working out, tattoos, sleeping & obsessing over college basketball

I was "Edgefest" on here from sometime in 2008 until today when I could not recover my login info after taking about a year hiatus. My wife and I recently moved to the Los Angeles are from Kansas and I figured getting back on here could be a good way to meet some like minded folks in the area.

Marco

Favorite Bands: 
anything involving Evan Weiss, Mike Kinsella or Conor Oberst. blink-182. The Beatles.

(see next question for further details)

http://www.last.fm/user/mrcvgn182

looking for a job, football, playing guitar, videogames

Play in a band? Run a record label?
nope, sadly.

Well, after stalking this forum much, I think it’s time for me to introduce myself.

Jakub

Favorite Bands:

A Wilhelm Scream, The Lawrence Arms, Against Me!, Hot Water Music, Dead To Me, Dillinger Four, Green Day, Anti-Flag, Queens of the Stone Age, Leftover Crack, Propagandhi, Antillectual, Random Hand, dOMi etc. 

Social media stuff:

I only have FB and I use it mainly to be in touch with bands I like.

playing the bass guitar

I play in a band, but we have yet to record our stuff.

im a little late on this but I feel like I should do this regardless just to have it on here.

Samuel or Sam, Either is fine

Favorite Bands:

Circa Survive

Balance & Composure

The mars Volta

The weeknd (not a band and its weird on my list but I dig his stuff heavy)

The world is....

(I guess in that order)

https://twitter.com/Sharpractice

I play League of legends and pokemon fan hacks from time to time to keep myself occupied.

I also sit and watch a bunch of youtube videos all day.

I really just love music and relaxing and reading when I get the chance.

im 16, I dropped out of high school. Unfortunately high school wasn't for me but im currently attending Community college and i'm doing very well and I plan on transferring to a 4 year college to pursue a major in which is still undecided for me

No I don't sadly but I like to jam with my brother's band from time to time and he lets me do some vocal work for them kind of nice but its nothing more than just some people who jam. nothing serious or official.

• 4 weeks later...

Kory Gregory

Favorite Bands: 
Bomb The Music Industry, Against Me, Titus Andronicus, The Menzingers, Algernon Cadwallader, Glocca Morra, The Sidekicks, 

https://twitter.com/Kory_Gregory
http://msalbumreviews2000.tumblr.com/
https://www.facebook.com/kory.gregory

writing music, playing guitar, reading comic books

I am starting a record label in February called Icehouse Records. I'll get to that when the time comes

Random things you want us to know about you: I am a really boring person but whatever. Well if anyone lives in the upstate new york region and wants to start a band please hit me up. Im almost 18. 

Matt
Favorite Bands:
Against Me!, NOFX, Propagandhi, Converge, Cave In, Anything Evan Weiss related, Get Up Kids, The Menzingers, Hum, Failure, Minus The Bear, this list could go on and on.

I play guitar and piano. Trying to find time to write songs when not putting all of my attention into my family and school. Also, I am trying to learn Photoshop right now which is a lot of fun.

Used to play in a harcore/punk band and then a pop punk band but I'm too old now. I just want to spend time with wife and daughter. 

I had an original pressing of Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets and sold it for $40 back in the day. So I guess I want everyone to know I'm an idiot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ian

Favorite Bands: 
Sublime, Dave Matthews Band, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Faith No More, Nirvana, Dashboard Confessional, Cat Stevens, Simon and Garfunkel 

I AM AGAINST SOCIAL NETWORKS----> Never had any of these, never will

Playing Guitar, steady chillin, hanging with peeps, shootin the breeze, and other random cliche phrases

Na, I want to but none of my friends play instruments

Random things you want us to know about you

Im kind of pretty much obsessed with Sublime, because they're the best band ever

Ian

Favorite Bands: 

Sublime, Dave Matthews Band, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Faith No More, Nirvana, Dashboard Confessional, Cat Stevens, Simon and Garfunkel 

I AM AGAINST SOCIAL NETWORKS----> Never had any of these, never will

Playing Guitar, steady chillin, hanging with peeps, shootin the breeze, and other random cliche phrases

Na, I want to but none of my friends play instruments

Random things you want us to know about you

Im kind of pretty much obsessed with Sublime, because they're the best band ever

Welcome to the VC.  I'm a pretty big Sublime fan as well.  I saw them live a few times when I was a teenager.

Jonathon

Favorite Bands: 
blink-182, reen day, MCR, sum 41, Emily's army, the frustrators, box car racer, +44, angels and airwaves, foxboro hottubs, the network, the beatles, I'm going to cut myself off here so I don't list a million bands.

www.twitter.com/jonlastname

In a band and stuff

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Population-Control/139539916081802

Stanley Morales, soon to be changed to Zetina. But regardless. If you play Xbox my username is also my gamer tag.

Favorite Bands:

Blink-182, MCR, +44, Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, AVA, Boxcar Racer, the Killers, Foster the People

www.twitter.com/stanley_morales

http://expanded-horiz0ns.tumblr.com

Not sure what my Facebook URL is but I'm listed as Stanley Morales

Playing/Writing/Recording/Listening to Music. Skateboarding. I like video games. And I'm also a movie collector

(My band isn't exactly active at the moment)

I'm straight edge, and 11 months sober! Currently working on a trance DJ side project. And I love superheroes.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done this yet sooo..

Andy

Favorite Bands: 
Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Brand New, Circa Survive, Nine Inch Nails, Whitechapel, MCR, The Used, Thy Art Is Murder

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gutted_

Guitar, video games, horror movies, and drawing

Nope

I live in central PA, but I'm hoping to move to England soon. I just started collecting records a little while ago. I also love my cats

Better late than never.

Kevin.

Favorite Bands: 
Circa Survive, Eisley, Alexisonfire, City and Colour, Finch, Enter Shikari, Rise Against, Touché Amoré, Architects, Now Now, Billy Talent, Mogwai, Deftones, Defeater, Queens of the Stone Age, The Fall of Troy, Basement, Counterparts, Being As An Ocean, The Elijah, The xx, The Sound of Animals Fighting.

Last.fm: http://www.lastfm.de/user/StrangePooP

Movies, Video Games, Going to concerts.

No.

I want to move to Hamburg later and love band tees and Coca Cola. 
Also, record collecting made me kinda start to hate living in germany because of the high shipping costs. 

Jessica (or Jess)

Favorite Bands: 
Radiohead/all appendages, The Replacements/all Paul Westerberg, Foo Fighters/all appendages, Hüsker Dü/all Bob Mould, Telefon Tel Aviv/all Josh Eustis, Fugazi/all appendages, Sebadoh/all Lou Barlow, Massive Attack, Nine Inch Nails, Travis/Fran Healy, Dethklok/Brendon Small, Fiona Apple, Boards of Canada, etc. etc. etc.

Meh.

Travel, photography, web design (though I haven't done anything useful in ages), concerts, museums, sipping on finer alcoholic beverages (namely single malt scotch & bourbon), & trying to keep up w/ my hockey (Anaheim Ducks) & soccer/football (Liverpool FC) teams sans television.

I used to make websites for bands... I'm not as cool as I used to be though.

I think I'd be happy if I could find a way to perpetually wander the globe meeting new people, going to concerts, & seeing everything I possibly could, never settling too long in one place... but alas, I do not (yet) have the means to sustain it indefinitely. 

I recently moved to northern Los Angeles suburban hell for a job so I finally decided to splurge on a turntable setup (Pro-ject Debut Carbon/Marantz PM 6004/better speakers & headphones to come...) to play all the vinyl I've been hoarding/amassing for ages.

Long time creeper, finally broke down & registered.

Jessica (or Jess)

Favorite Bands: 

Radiohead/all Thom Yorke, The Replacements/all Paul Westerberg, Foo Fighters/all appendages, Hüsker Dü/all Bob Mould, Telefon Tel Aviv/all Josh Eustis, Fugazi/all appendages, Sebadoh/all Lou Barlow, Massive Attack, Nine Inch Nails, Travis/Fran Healy, Dethklok/Brendon Small, Fiona Apple, Boards of Canada, etc. etc. etc.

Meh.

Travel, photography, web design (though I haven't done anything useful in ages), concerts, museums, sipping on finer alcoholic beverages (namely single malt scotch & bourbon), & trying to keep up w/ my hockey (Anaheim Ducks) & soccer/football (Liverpool FC) teams sans television.

I used to make websites for bands... I'm not as cool as I used to be though.

I think I'd be happy if I could find a way to perpetually wander the globe meeting new people, going to concerts, & seeing everything I possibly could, never settling too long in one place... but alas, I do not (yet) have the means to sustain it indefinitely. 

I recently moved to northern Los Angeles suburban hell for a job so I finally decided to splurge on a turntable setup (Pro-ject Debut Carbon/Marantz PM 6004/better speakers & headphones to come...) to play all the vinyl I've been hoarding/amassing for ages.

Long time creeper, finally broke down & registered.

Welcome to the forum.  I grew up in California, one  bright side is all the concerts.  

Figured I might as well do this!

Brandon

Favorite Bands: 
Tom Waits, Morrissey, The Smiths, Nirvana, The White Stripes, Daylight, The Avett Brothers, The Weakerthans, Green Day, Ceremony, Alkaline Trio, Alice In Chains, Robert Johnson, Son House, H.I.M., Tigers Jaw, Title Fight, Bright Eyes, The Wonder Years, Marilyn Manson.

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.boozer.12
Twitter: @brandon_boozer
IG: @brandonboozer

Movies, X-Files, guitar, writing (poetry, short stories, hopefully a novel someday!), I've been in the mental and thought scribbling process of writing a movie for a couple months. I hope to someday make it a reality.

I've been playing in several bands within the past couple years, but only one is still going on now:

Bass: http://boytoyrox.bandcamp.com/ 

Previous projects:

Guitar in Get Well Cards: http://getwellcards.bandcamp.com/ (I want this band to get back together soon! Some of my favorite music that I've been apart of.)
Guitar in Day Dreamer: http://daydreameril.bandcamp.com/
Vocals in Loose Ends: http://www.reverbnation.com/looseendskeno?page_view_source=facebook_app

I just found out I'm going to be a dad! I'm only 19, so naturally, I am scared, but I am getting more and more excited by the day! I attend University of Wisconsin Parkside, but I have yet to declare a major. I work at Target.

Patrick

Favorite Bands:

Cock Sparrer, The Meteors, P.Paul Fenech, Judge Dread, Johnny Cash and many many more

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/bootboy77

My family, my dog, movies, concerts, my friends

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us:

No

36 year old, male

Yo. I'm Grace. I'm 18 (19 in roughly a month and a week). I'm from this shit hole (how pop-punk, I hate my home town) called Manchester in England. I look like a dude and confuse a lot of people, it can be both entertaining and horrible for me. I have a girlfriend who hates the music I love. 

I'm kinda new to this whole vinyl stuff. I like to have physical copies of music because I feel that it's more special. I've only really ever collected CD's, but I want to start putting together a vinyl collection. Whether I buy a vinyl player or not is a decision of which the conclusion will come to me in the foreseeable future.

Feel free to add my social networks as I need more friends who like the kind of music I do because I don't know anyone in Manchester who I would deem "cool". 

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/badgerm8

Twitter - https://twitter.com/milfandcereal

Tumblr - http://me1anism.tumblr.com/

Instagram - milfandcereal

As for my musical interests, I like both hardcore and pop-punk. If you consider you me at six and all time low as pop punk then you will upset me greatly. I won't hate you, I just won't take a mutual liking to you. Ever. Favourite bands would include neck deep, roam, real friends, the story so far, backtrack, expire, terror, rotting out, heavy hands, suburban scum, incendiary, cold world, trial and error, war charge and a whole load of others. 

I won't bore you with anymore of my personality, if you want to talk to me, add me on those social networks and we'll be best chums. 

I am pretty stoked to have joined the VC community. Thanks for letting me nerd out with all of you.

Tessa

Favorite Bands: 
Do I have to, though? I am sure this will come out over time.

Merp. Secrets.

Photography, painting, drawing [ART!], travel, beer and thrifted fashion. 

No.

I randomly post made up missed connections on Craigslist in cities around the country.

Cheers!

Guest Timbo_Slice

Timbo Sauce

Favorite Bands: 
punk ones. 

PhD student in Sociology

Yes to band. Might post when we have better recordings. 

I study the effects of neoliberalism on university science research. Two cats. I write a zine called Maggot Brains. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Introduce Yourself!