Introduce Yourself!

Edson

Favorite Bands:

Cap'n Jazz, Ghosts & Vodka, Have Heart, Portugal the Man, AFI (older stuff)...

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr etc.?:

www.twitter.com/edsonn

Facebook, also.

Hobbies (outside of record collecting):

Photography, playing guitar, skateboarding, being stupid.

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!:

Used to play in a punk band. No longer!

Random things you want us to know about you:

I'm straightedge as well. I have had Diabetes since 7th grade! I'm 21 years old!

I really big into soccer, and work at Trader Joes. I lived just outside of NYC until I moved to Chicago. Never made a better decision! I love this city. :)

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick

Favorite Bands:

Hot water music, small brown bike, The Lawrence arms, Dead to me, BTMI!, Dear Landlord...uhm...that's all i've got right now.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Patrick-Dangermond/24605962

http://www.last.fm/user/pdanger7

Drumming, writing, sports....

not right now...

Well, I live in San Diego which is not 70 degrees and sunny all of the time. I have lots of fun all of the time. I work in advertising which, surprisingly, does not have as much sexual harassment as Mad Men would lead you to believe.

I think I just made my first friend. :)

Nate, Nathan (if you are family), Kurtz (if you are a high school chum)

Favorite Bands:

This list is ever changing. Just to name a few...

Black Flag, Gospel, Thou, Daitro, Chokehold, Dillinger Four, Dry-Rot, Zao, Poison Idea, Feederz, Kid Dynamite, Modern Life Is War

not on any of those sites.

Comic books (both reading and collecting), watching sports (mostly football and basketball), playing tennis and raquetball, perusing thrift/2nd hand/antique stores, flea markets and yard/garage sales.

N/A

- At times I think of selling everything I own and becoming a wandering hobo.

Scott

Favorite Bands:

Strung Out, A Wilhelm Scream, Dillinger Escape Plan, Propagandhi, Heartsounds, Poison The Well, Bigwig, Thursday, Park, R Kelly

I have a facebook but don't use it

Mountain biking, regular/road/trail biking, running, triathlons, photography, gardening, following way too many tv shows, going to shows, hanging out with my awesome wife and pit-mix (Jane-Dog). Watching Cardinal games.

Used to play in a band.

27, married, drink a little, don't smoke, graduated in 2006 in electrical engineering. I also have two cats. One is short haired cool and fat (Cheetah), the other one is fluffy and an asshole (Tarzan). I used to play drums, but rarely do anymore because people don't appreciate it like I do e.g. wife, animals, neighbors.

Matt

Favorite Bands:

Uh... really depends on what I'm doing in a given time period around when I'm asked. Staples include: Every Time I Die, Glassjaw, Hot Water Music, The Bronx, and Queen. At this moment it includes Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Refused, Silver Mt. Zion, and Lucero as well.

facebook.com/mcm1610

twitter.com/mcm1610

-Hockey! I go out of my way to watch the Sabres, I work at an ice rink 4 days a week, I coach Buffalo Regals 19U Girls Hockey, I play Friday nights with cousins and friends, and I play in a bar league. Someday I'd like to ref (I think) and I might pick up a little-guy house team at my rink, too, if I can find time.

-History, particularly the last 150 years. I'm a big fan of the Univ. of Chicago style bottom-up history... think Howard Zinn. Sure, politicians and well-known people had their influence, but how did the rest of people live? That's what I love. I wrote my undergrad thesis on The General Strike of 1926 in Great Britain because it was fascinating to see people panic over the never-quite-real threat of GB 'falling' to communism.

-Economics. I took AP Micro in high school and was the only one in my school to get a 5 on the exam. I then nearly got a BS in Econ but switched it to a BA when I couldn't handle econometrics.

-Batman. He's the shit.

-Did I say hockey?

-Beer? I dunno, I ran out of things I like to learn about.

-I once got arrested for getting jumped at a bar in Quincy, Boston, but I got the charges because, with my roommate's help, we beat the fuck out of the guys who got me. Tip: if you're ever in a fight, no matter what happens, request to go to the hospital and document every tiny scratch. I healed up, but even with pictures it didn't compare to the other guys' hospital admittance. Also, don't kick anyone with a shoe on, it's considered felony assault with a dangerous weapon. At least, in Mass. it is.

-I love historical movies, and none of my friends do. At all.

-I'm a certified Social Studies teacher, but because Buffalo pumps out teachers like crazy and most districts have cut spots in the last two years, I'm having a hard time getting hired.

That's all I can think of.

Patrick

Favorite Bands:

Hot water music, small brown bike, The Lawrence arms, Dead to me, BTMI!, Dear Landlord...uhm...that's all i've got right now.

not right now...

Well, I live in San Diego which is not 70 degrees and sunny all of the time. I have lots of fun all of the time. I work in advertising which, surprisingly, does not have as much sexual harassment as Mad Men would lead you to believe.

i feel like your avatar is giving me (and everyone else) dreamy hearteyes. siiiiiiigh.

I'm digging this thread!

Lee

Favorite Bands:

mewithoutYou, Ryan Adams, Minus The Bear, Modern Life Is War, Owls, I could go on. I'm also into d&b and Dubstep, favourite producers:

London Elektricity, Danny Byrd, Noisia, 16bit, Jakes, Caspa, Rusko, Skream, Silkie, Mount Kimbie, Mensah, I could actually go on forever. Go here:

http://last.fm/user/leerobert

http://twitter.com/leerobert

http://leerobert.tumblr.com

Xbox (FIFA & MW2, pretty much), TV Shows (Arrested Development, Flight of the Conchords, Eastbound & Down, Family Guy, American Dad, Important Things with Demetri Martin, How I Met Your Mother, you get the general idea), Eating curry and football/soccer, I am a massive Tottenham Hotspur fan. COYS!

Record label, but electronic music, first release coming from Goli & Ashburner towards the end of the year: http://twitter.com/lftprty

I have a pet rabbit called Fiver and he is awesome.

Doug

Favorite Bands:

Jawbreaker, Twelve Hour Turn, Shotmaker, Hoover, Mike Kirsch et al, Will Oldham, Fugazi, Des Ark, Indian Summer, Don Martin Three, Modest Mouse

facebook.com/koukarules

playing music, camping, racquetball

firemusic.blogspot.com

veggie dogs are my favorite food. I have a 10 year old daughter who has seen The Evens 3 times. i taught myself plumbing, electric, framing, renovation work

Patrick

Favorite Bands:

not right now...

woo!

Real name: Ryan, single white male, serial number 6. My body is located in eastern N.C.

Favorite Bands:

Naked Aggression, Fear, Harum Scarum, Schliem Keim, Dead Kennedys, Dead Silence, Jesus Lizard, Christ on a Crutch, Double Negative, Valient Thor, Flag of Democracy, Oi Polloi, X, Zero Boys, The Subhumans, The Germs, Agent Orange, Bad Brains, GG Allin, Circle Jerks, Suicidal Tendencies, 7 Seconds, Meatmen, The Pixies, Johnny Cash and so on....

www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/DaVoiceOftreason

Primitive Knife Making

I'm not straight edge.

I love most Zombie and Kung Fu flicks, Making homemade pizza from scratch..I make the dough, my own sauce...local Buffalo Mozzerella..mmmmmmm, Knife collecting and knife forging, traveling, My 2 cats that are smarter than most of the worlds population. I grew up in eastern NC but have criss-crossed the country a couple of times just driving around..I really prefer to live ) somewhere with mountains. I went to Spain and Morocco a couple of years ago (2 weeks in each) and saw an MDC flyer in a coffee shop window in North Spain (Basque country)

I have a degree in horticulture, but ruined my bottom 3 discs and can't really landscape anymore...time to look in new directions. Any more questions...? just ask....

Mark

Favorite Bands:

Hot Water Music, Strung Out, Lagwagon, Circa Survive, Alkaline Trio, The Lawarnce Arms, Portugal the Man,Dead to Me, and many more.

www.twitter.com/fakewadeboggs

I play guitar, bass, and drums. I'm a beer snob(love dank beers). I go to lots of baseball games. I love to cook.

I'm married for a little over 3 years. I was once in a band that opened for 2 live crew. I was on the front page of the Columbus Dispatch(Columbus Newspaper) today cheering on our AAA baseball team. I love to bet on sports on the internet. My Hot Water Music vinyl collection is getting out of hand.

Guest errolwest

Real name

Errol(obvious)

Favorite bands

Kind of like spitting, dangers, cap'n jazz, owen. Really anything the kinsella brothers have ever done.

What's your twitter/facebook/tumblr?

www.twitter.com/errolwest

www.facebook.com/errol.west

www.goodtunesbackedhard.blogspot.com

Hobbies

Love skateboarding/snowboarding. I enjoy biking around, And playing insturments at loud volumes for long periods of time.

I moved out of my moms basement for the first time 2 weeks ago(I'm 18) ever since, I've been living off of raisin bran and food from the restaurant I work at. Life is all right.

EDIT: I also play in this band:

INVASION: www.myspace.com/invasionsk

Wolfgang (yes, really)

Favorite Bands:

ALL TIME: Black Flag, Björk, Morrissey/the Smiths, Botch, the Murder City Devils, Depeche Mode, Michael Jackson, Wu-Tang Clan (particularly Ol' Dirty Bastard), My Bloody Valentine, Converge, Ramones, Madonna, Led Zeppelin, etc.

LATELY: Best Coast, Lady Gaga, Big Boi, Drunkdriver, Lemuria, The xx, Zola Jesus, Cold Cave, UGK, the Pains of Being Pure at Heart, T.I., Unsane, etc.

(You can probably just check out my last.fm at this point, although it hasn't been updated in a month because we moved and don't have internet at home yet.)

They're all in my signature.

Writing, reading, socializing (AKA drinking and going to shows), watching basketball, soccer, baseball and pro wrestling. Currently learning about lots of movies via my roommates.

Not currently, although working on getting a band together, should start writing songs by the end of the year. I used to be in REQUIN, the Mark Sparkles, Aphiskkyu-Bot, and Oops I Stepped in Some Christ (all can be found on MySpace). I also collectively ran the record label Artificial Limb Co. with fellow members of REQUIN and the Mark Sparkles. Might continue the label with my new band.

Just moved to Portland two months ago after spending most of my life in and around Seattle. Still hold allegiance to Seattle sports teams (Sonics forever, Sounders FC and the Mariners), but I'm converting to being a Blazers fan since I no longer have a hoops team to call my own. Unemployed for the first time in my adult life and hating it, need a job now. Queer (not gay). I have a cat named Lucy whom I adore, even though she dislikes most other people and all other animals (maybe BECAUSE of this). Favourite colour is purple, although I'm known for wearing lots of pink. Was married once. Got a vasectomy because I hate the kids. Love to over-share with people on the internet, despite having bad social anxiety in real life.

Matt

Favorite Bands:

Alkaline Trio, The Lawrence Arms, They Might Be Giants, Against Me!, Tegan and Sara, Gaslight Anthem

twitter.com/sonixe

www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=507056639

My Xbox Live is: el kernal (add me! :D)

I'm pretty obsessed with baseball (go white sox) and football (go packers) and I occasionally get into hockey and basketball. I used to be obsessed with world of warcraft but that love faded and is slowly making its way back into my psyche..

N/A

My first memory was watching the very first full half hour episode of the Simpsons, where they get Santos El Halper.. and believe it or not the Simpsons is my favorite show (well seasons 1-14 at least). I type out every word in text messages.. My favorite website is a game website called Giant Bomb (www.Giantbomb.com) and its sister sites are pretty damn rad also.. thats about it, add me on twitter/facebook/xbl if you wanna be friends <3

Kye.

Favorite Bands:

The Beach Boys, Jawbreaker, The Replacements, Belle & Sebastian, Guided by Voices, Hot Water Music.

In my sig.

Guitar/bass, comic books (mostly Deadpool, Batman, and... Archie), video games (particularly from the 80's-90's), raconteuring.

No and no.

I shook hands with Marshall Crenshaw once.

Hi my name is Rob and I'm an alc----. Just Rob thank you!

Favorite Bands:

Between the Buried and Me, Every Time I Die, She & Him, Orbs, Deftones, Alkaline Trio, Ratatat, Pelican, City and Colour

http://www.facebook.com/rkfoster8

Anything art related, collecting movies, vinyl, sports jerseys,

Yeah. I do vocals and drums inside my car.

I'll listen to anything once. I want to travel everywhere and see everything. I smoke cigars but hate smoking. I'm a Capitals, Cubs, Titans, and Buckeyes fan for all very good reasons (not a bandwagoner). My goal in life is to become a Colorado State Patrol Officer or Arizona Highway Patrol Officer. The West fascinates me to no end and I'm doing anything I can to move out there.

Ed

Favorite Bands:

Black Lips, Alkaline Trio, Against Me!, Walkmen, Dismemberment Plan, Hot Water Music, Less Than Jake, Dead Weather

only on FB but I dont think we're close enough to be friends.

collecting silkscreen posters.

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=445

No and no.

I have two boys, Owen and Ellis (6 and 2). Married to the only lady I've been with, been together since 96. I'm a stay at home dad. I could use to lose a few pounds.

Mark

Favorite Bands:

Hot Water Music, Strung Out, Lagwagon, Circa Survive, Alkaline Trio, The Lawarnce Arms, Portugal the Man,Dead to Me, and many more.

www.twitter.com/fakewadeboggs

I play guitar, bass, and drums. I'm a beer snob(love dank beers). I go to lots of baseball games. I love to cook.

I'm married for a little over 3 years. I was once in a band that opened for 2 live crew. I was on the front page of the Columbus Dispatch(Columbus Newspaper) today cheering on our AAA baseball team. I love to bet on sports on the internet. My Hot Water Music vinyl collection is getting out of hand.

Dude, you spell your name wrong.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Introduce Yourself!