PO Now: Grouper - Shade (10/22)

https://grouper.bandcamp.com/album/shade

a3255860031_16.jpg

Standard black up on Grouper's bandcamp and probably Kranky, yellow electric edition on grouper/s bandcamp /333

YELLOWELECTRIC print edition of Shade, x 333. Includes sturdy archival outer jacket and sticker with original sky images by artist David Horvitz; signed archival letter-press print of Moon Study, by Liz Harris, originally produced with print-maker Robert Arber; one of 7 letter-press text fragments (variable edition); all printing by Stumptown Printers and Liz Harris. Vinyl= same as Kranky vinyl. GR-022/KRANK-233.

ONE PER CUSTOMER

Just now, OldKentuckyShark said:

Bought the Yellow Electric version despite that hefty price

Same. Bummer it's standard black vinyl just with extra art/sleeve or whatever... That said Liz's stuff is usually pretty nice and printed on nice stock and adds to the vibe of the album, so I like to grab them when I can.

Stupidly, standard vinyl pressings inflating to $35+ shipped really made it easier for me to convince myself that $59 shipped wasn't horrendous.

Regardless - the single is really good and I'm stoked for the return of guitar Grouper.

39 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

First time I've ever been on top of it enough to get one of her nicer versions.  Many thanks to @rooks for the post, as I would have missed the announcement / email otherwise.

I even debated not bothering because I typically don't post PO threads very often, but glad it helped somebody out - and hey, I'm not the only VCer who duped themself into dropping $59 on a 3 month PO without even listening to a single. Win, win 😅

1 hour ago, rooks said:

I even debated not bothering because I typically don't post PO threads very often, but glad it helped somebody out - and hey, I'm not the only VCer who duped themself into dropping $59 on a 3 month PO without even listening to a single. Win, win 😅

lol. not been disappointed with one of her releases yet, so always willing to take a blind swing on her stuff.  but it is hella disconcerting to drop $50+ on an album and not even note how damn expensive it is as I'm doing so.  kind of feel like the proverbially frog being boiled.

• 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

Liz dropped a new Raum album today: https://grouper.bandcamp.com/album/daughter

The special edition (gold leaf on insert) sold out before I even knew it was up. The only difference is the insert though.

Yeah it was sold out before they even sent the Bandcamp email.  Either there were like 10 editions or people got advanced notice elsewhere

but yeah I wasn’t too heartbroken when I saw it was just a different insert

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

10 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Yeah it was sold out before they even sent the Bandcamp email.  Either there were like 10 editions or people got advanced notice elsewhere

but yeah I wasn’t too heartbroken when I saw it was just a different insert

I think it was sold out by 10am or so when my friend sent me the link. I almost bought the regular version but listened to it and don’t think this is something I need to own. I haven’t listened to their first album in like 10 years or however old it is. 

1 hour ago, Bronchitis said:

I think it was sold out by 10am or so when my friend sent me the link. I almost bought the regular version but listened to it and don’t think this is something I need to own. I haven’t listened to their first album in like 10 years or however old it is. 

Yeah I didn’t even get the email until 10:17 so I wonder how people like your friend knew about it

3 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Yeah I didn’t even get the email until 10:17 so I wonder how people like your friend knew about it

Yeah I dunno. He said his friend posted about it before he sent me the link. So I guess that doesn’t really solve anything lol. I think Shade was sold out by the time I got an email too and I was pretty annoyed.