PO: TWIABP - Illusory Walls (10/8/2021)

Song almost tricked me into thinking it was good until possibly the shittiest payoff ever after an OK buildup near the end. How is this band still signed to Epitaph if their most limited variant from their last shitty album is still available 4 years later? This band will ride their old good members coattails into the ground. RIP Tom.

1 hour ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Song almost tricked me into thinking it was good until possibly the shittiest payoff ever after an OK buildup near the end. How is this band still signed to Epitaph if their most limited variant from their last shitty album is still available 4 years later? This band will ride their old good members coattails into the ground. RIP Tom.

Very similar reaction from me. Especially the epitaph thing… what friend do they have in the accounting dept that is covering for them while they release these mediocre albums that collect dust? They need to start off with a MUCH smaller pressing this time.

1 hour ago, zaoza said:

Haha this new song made me put on the Deer Leap split and remembering the good days. Still anticipating new stuff from OHYO.

Fuck. I hope this finally materializes some day.

16 minutes ago, MacDonals said:

I'll continue to give them a try digitally, but the newer stuff probably won't make it to my vinyl collection. I do highly recommend Assorted Works, some of their best songs on that (including Deer Leap split songs).

I already had all the individual releases so thankfully didn't have to give them any money for this. I agree it's a great release though.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

How many (if any) members are still present from the WIE days?  Harmlessness has some great moments as well but anything past that and I'm out.  I would be very surprised if this new album did anything for me but I concede that the art is killer.

The bass player, drummer, and keyboardist.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Those runtimes would be enticing if they were from just about any other band dabbling in post-whatever.  Side C/D especially.

I might still be curious enough to order a copy… with very low expectations.

8 minutes ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Only gave them one variant this time lol

There is an indie clear and deathwish orange as well as possibly epitaph variant if they bother to upload anything.

21 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

How many (if any) members are still present from the WIE days?  Harmlessness has some great moments as well but anything past that and I'm out.  I would be very surprised if this new album did anything for me but I concede that the art is killer.

Yeah it’s just a five piece now (David F. Bello (vocals/guitar), Chris Teti (guitar/vocals/bass/programming), Joshua Cyr (bass/vocals), Katie Dvorak (vocals/synth), and Steven K. Buttery (drums)) but there’s some dope callbacks on this one from prior records and releases 

1 minute ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

For science, did you think the last album was good? And do you think this new track doesn't shit the bed at the end?

The last album is my least favorite of theirs but I don’t think it’s terrible and I think the new track rips through out 

1 minute ago, drewberinger said:

The last album is my least favorite of theirs but I don’t think it’s terrible and I think the new track rips through out 

Fair enough. It isn't terrible but doesn't compare to the band when Nicole was a member for me. I still don't fully trust you (😄) but would you say the new album has a chance at topping either of the first two for you?

• zaoza changed the title to PO: TWIABP - Illusory Walls (10/8/2021)
Just now, brandy said:

A check on Wiki tells me all 5 current members played on WIE though...

The guitarist played trumpet and the singer was on maybe 3 songs singing stuff he didn't write because Tom quit. Sorry for not being specific......................